Dynamis - Nothing drops
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-05-15 16:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:

I fell asleep earlier before it was finished uploading. I got a total of around 19 T.Whites, 28 O.Bronze, 8 1 Bynes.

Blade: Hi

/sigh

anyways, so that is how you proc , that is interesting, i shall try it tonight
 Bismarck.Persimonious
By Bismarck.Persimonious 2011-05-15 16:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

I fell asleep earlier before it was finished uploading. I got a total of around 19 T.Whites, 28 O.Bronze, 8 1 Bynes.

Blade: Hi

/sigh

anyways, so that is how you proc , that is interesting, i shall try it tonight

Cool story bro
[+]
By Carnedeblink 2011-05-15 16:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Solo'd Xarc as bst/dnc twice earlier today, before and after jp midnight. I got all time extensions each run. Total currencies were 38 shells 40 bronzepieces and 38 bills. The first run I was mostly roaming and fought a wide variety of jobs just getting used to actually staggering anything. Second run I camped at G-9 and only fought the rng/nin/thf mobs in the southern tunnel while I tried to pop the bst nm, who I also killed twice. Hit red !! on nearly everything there and earned about 3/4 my total currency along with thf and bst hands. Fights were very routine starting with Spiral spin, Box step, and animated flourish, that staggered prolly 90% of what I fought.
 Ifrit.Shagg
Serveur: Ifrit
user: shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2011-05-15 17:59:58
Link | Citer | R

i was thinking about this earlier. Upbeat was procing the same mobs with both /dnc JAs and Blade: Hi. this would debunk the whole mages proc w/ magic, mnk nin thf rng etc proc w/ JAs, sam war pld drk bst proc w/ WSs no?
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-15 18:10:40
Link | Citer | R

All right! Finish Beauc run. all 5 TEs, all red procs. Proc'd about 95% of the mobs. Very good currency rate tonight ^^ Think we got this sorted. Do a citty run with 1 type of currency and your sure to get a nice haul!
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2011-05-15 18:20:43
Link | Citer | R

And you used what method to proc your 95% of mobs?
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-05-15 18:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Drayco said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21701/dynamis-mob-procs/#1312751
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-05-15 18:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Shagg said:
i was thinking about this earlier. Upbeat was procing the same mobs with both /dnc JAs and Blade: Hi. this would debunk the whole mages proc w/ magic, mnk nin thf rng etc proc w/ JAs, sam war pld drk bst proc w/ WSs no?

Upbeat was only fighting THF and MNK mobs. In the video at least. And THF and MNK mobs are both staggered by JAs. And where are you seeing that she proced Blade: Hi on any monster in that video? It was all Steps and Flourishes; JAs. On MNK and THF mobs.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-15 18:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Drayco said:
Job specific

JA: MNK NIN THF RNG BST
WS: PLD SAM DRG DRK WAR
MA: WHM RDM BLM SMN BRD

Worked a charm after getting all the TEs.

Our set up was

DRG
WHM
RDM
MNK
THF
NIN
SAM

Got two pop items to finish a friends level 90 trials also ^^ Now to go into xarc tomorrow and try get my damned TH gloves... >_o
 Odin.Rikiyame
Serveur: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2011-05-15 19:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Quick note (not sure if mentioned): Tractor works. Also, it gives remaining time since it counts as a zone.
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2011-05-15 20:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Did dynamis sandy tonight with a friend. Lightsday/Darksday

THF/NIN
RDM/BLM

We got 5 TEs and then farmed (mostly pulled mages). We followed the mage = magic proc, heavy melee = WS, light melee = JA plan.
We were able to proc about 90% of the mage mobs. All procs were red. Also i don't know if this has been mentioned but we noticed that all of the procs for my rdm friend were enfeeb spells.

Only other procs we got were aeolian edge on a pair of war mobs.

Ended up with 57 currency.
 Titan.Shadowsonic
Serveur: Titan
user: Tails
By Titan.Shadowsonic 2011-05-15 21:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Question, Since NIN has no procs for JA's, would nin/war be a very easy way of procing for JAs than? Dont know if this has been asked or not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-05-15 21:43:24
Link | Citer | R

i used voke every time i could in the hour and ten minutes i was in xarc to day and i didn't recieve one procc..
 Fenrir.Azazael
Serveur: Fenrir
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-05-15 21:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Incase it hasn't been said here, the elemental wheel theory is wrong. Just left dyna windy and had 4 darkness procs in a row, and then an earth proc after that. There is also some pics on BG where people disprove it as well.
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-15 21:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis - San d'Oria:
Confirming proc types are based on monster's jobs as listed earlier
Confirming that your proccing ability is based on how many TE key items you have

3/5 TEs we started proccing blue with difficulty, usually landed us 1 piece (got Crimson, Azure, Amber)
4/5 TEs we started proccing yellow moderately, usually landed us 1 piece (got Alabaster)
5/5 TEs we started proccing red easily, usually landed us 2-3 pieces, sometimes only 1 (got Obsidian)
One member joined late and could not stagger until he collected his TE key items.

82 Ordelles, 1 Montiont (from unprocced NM)

stole 2, 3 dropped to another member, so number in screenshot is off

I am confirming that this is how it works.
JA/WS/spell seems to be random, BRD is amazing at proccing on mages, DNC or /DNC would be great for JA (we couldn't proc many because our only successfully proccing JA were Steal, Weapon Bash, and Enmity Douse). Can try to figure out any patterns, though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2011-05-16 01:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Aena said:
Dynamis - San d'Oria:
Confirming proc types are based on monster's jobs as listed earlier
Confirming that your proccing ability is based on how many TE key items you have

3/5 TEs we started proccing blue with difficulty, usually landed us 1 piece
4/5 TEs we started proccing yellow moderately, usually landed us 1 piece
5/5 TEs we started proccing red easily, usually landed us 2-3 pieces, sometimes only 1
One member joined late and could not stagger until he collected his TE key items.

82 Ordelles, 1 Montiont (from unprocced NM)

stole 2, 3 dropped to another member, so number in screenshot is off

I am confirming that this is how it works.
JA/WS/spell seems to be random, BRD is amazing at proccing on mages, DNC or /DNC would be great for JA (we couldn't proc many because our only successfully proccing JA were Steal, Weapon Bash, and Enmity Douse). Can try to figure out any patterns, though.

Can confirm TEs, went on Iceday since that was the day people had trouble with. No trouble after getting 5/5. System seems pretty simple now.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-16 02:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeh i think its safe to say we go this sorted, day has no affect at all. Its all down to mob type and TEs collected.

Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said:
i used voke every time i could in the hour and ten minutes i was in xarc to day and i didn't recieve one procc..
Thats cuz you didnt have all the TEs. Also did you follow the job specific notes on what mobs you fought and did you use any other JAs?
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
Serveur: Asura
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-05-16 03:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Im reasonably sure that the proc is just any random ja/ws/spell that you can do at x%, try having your dd's sub war and all spamming voke on ja mobs, can also have then try spamming crap ws' in non ws gear as well to see if proc. Did a duo xarc last night and were able to proc every single mob once we had 3 te's, on the magic mobs i was able to proc just by alternating dia1/2 over and over.

For the people who have also noticed colors changing etc once 3/5 4/5 5/5 TE, have you noticed what TE's you have got in which order, if so please post it.

Last nights we got crimson > azure > amber > alabastor > Obsidian, i want to try and narrow down what each one does.

My current theory is something along the lines of
Staggers have 3 levels, Basic (Blue), Medium (Grellow), Full (Red)
Crimson TE - Allow you to proc on ws mobs
Azure TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs
Amber TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs
Alabastor/Obsidian - Either change your stagger to a certain color, or bump it 1 "level"
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-16 03:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daiiawn said:
Im reasonably sure that the proc is just any random ja/ws/spell that you can do at x%, try having your dd's sub war and all spamming voke on ja mobs, can also have then try spamming crap ws' in non ws gear as well to see if proc. Did a duo xarc last night and were able to proc every single mob once we had 3 te's, on the magic mobs i was able to proc just by alternating dia1/2 over and over.

For the people who have also noticed colors changing etc once 3/5 4/5 5/5 TE, have you noticed what TE's you have got in which order, if so please post it.

Last nights we got crimson > azure > amber > alabastor > Obsidian, i want to try and narrow down what each one does.

My current theory is something along the lines of
Staggers have 3 levels, Basic (Blue), Medium (Grellow), Full (Red)
Crimson TE - Allow you to proc on ws mobs
Azure TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs
Amber TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs
Alabastor/Obsidian - Either change your stagger to a certain color, or bump it 1 "level"

Your name is welsh >.>

Well done, Well done.
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-05-16 06:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Not a coincidence, i live in wales!
 Ifrit.Shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2011-05-16 06:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daiiawn said:
For the people who have also noticed colors changing etc once 3/5 4/5 5/5 TE, have you noticed what TE's you have got in which order, if so please post it. Last nights we got crimson > azure > amber > alabastor > Obsidian, i want to try and narrow down what each one does. My current theory is something along the lines of Staggers have 3 levels, Basic (Blue), Medium (Grellow), Full (Red) Crimson TE - Allow you to proc on ws mobs Azure TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs Amber TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs Alabastor/Obsidian - Either change your stagger to a certain color, or bump it 1 "level"

i would have to see a blue proc after 1 TE to buy this

as far as the mob job theory, it seemed to be fairly accurate in the run i did last night in glacier. however, Blu spells seemed to be outside that system. Expiation proced several heavy melee mobs. anyone else w/ blue spell proc experiences?
 Bismarck.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-16 06:49:59
Link | Citer | R

Already confirmed blue. The first TE we got was Crimson, second was Azure. We did not get any triggers until 3/5. Going again tonight.

Also, not just BLU spells, but PUP was very weird with its proccing. Our PUP would put up a maneuver and the WS-proc monster would suddenly get staggered (pet did not do anything, said it was the PUP's attack that staggered in the log). Log did not contain any actions by the PUP and he pointed out this confusion. Very weird, will screenshot if it happens again.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-16 07:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Shagg said:
Asura.Daiiawn said:
For the people who have also noticed colors changing etc once 3/5 4/5 5/5 TE, have you noticed what TE's you have got in which order, if so please post it. Last nights we got crimson > azure > amber > alabastor > Obsidian, i want to try and narrow down what each one does. My current theory is something along the lines of Staggers have 3 levels, Basic (Blue), Medium (Grellow), Full (Red) Crimson TE - Allow you to proc on ws mobs Azure TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs Amber TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs Alabastor/Obsidian - Either change your stagger to a certain color, or bump it 1 "level"

as far as the mob job theory, it seemed to be fairly accurate in the run i did last night in glacier. however, Blu spells seemed to be outside that system. Expiation proced several heavy melee mobs. anyone else w/ blue spell proc experiences?
I proc'd with headbutt as drg/blu.
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-05-16 07:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Shagg said:
Asura.Daiiawn said:

Yeah, its just a theory atm, my plan for next run i do duo is going to be go to xarc, get the azure te, then spend 10m trying to proc on a brd mob. If we can proc magic after just the azure te, will then move onto a ja mob, spam that for 10m or so and see if it procs, if not will get amber TE and then try again. Will be easy to prove that idea one way or another. Once we get blue procs as well i think we are going to keep spamming mobs/nms with blue to see if we get any difference in drops, before finally getting the last 2 TEs.

**Ideally anyone mentioning proc's they did with blue spells, should say which mob type it was as well as what spell, just saying you proc'd with HB as drg/blu wont really help at this stage. Also unless im missing something Expiacion is a ws, so it would make sense it proccing on war/pld/sam/drk/drg
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-16 07:40:16
Link | Citer | R

I brought this up in the other tread but figured i'd throw it in here as well...

I do not beleive that there are any specific procs, instead it is just if it is a WS JA or magic then it has a chance to proc on the corisponding mob job type. This would explain why it sometimes the same ability used twice or more could end up staggering... Also if it is picking a specific ability then mages really wouldn't be able to proc given that they have 100ish possible spells (or more idk how many spells mages get) since teir 1 2 3 4 5 -ja and enfeeble spells can all proc.

On another note, does anyone know if you need to be in exp range of the TE nms when they die or just in the zone? also any ideas on their repop?
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-05-16 07:46:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
I brought this up in the other tread but figured i'd throw it in here as well...

I do not beleive that there are any specific procs, instead it is just if it is a WS JA or magic then it has a chance to proc on the corisponding mob job type. This would explain why it sometimes the same ability used twice or more could end up staggering... Also if it is picking a specific ability then mages really wouldn't be able to proc given that they have 100ish possible spells (or more idk how many spells mages get) since teir 1 2 3 4 5 -ja and enfeeble spells can all proc.

On another note, does anyone know if you need to be in exp range of the TE nms when they die or just in the zone? also any ideas on their repop?

Can be dead at entrance to and get TE KIs on the other side of zone, repop is pretty much a minute after death.

Btw, as for the color theory earlier, I noticed assorted colored !! last night when we got procs, mostly yellows after all 5 TEs. Orders of ours was whatever the first windy one was, followed by going to the others in a counter-clockwise order.
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-05-16 08:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said:
Asura.Ina said:
Btw, as for the color theory earlier, I noticed assorted colored !! last night when we got procs, mostly yellows after all 5 TEs. Orders of ours was whatever the first windy one was, followed by going to the others in a counter-clockwise order.

While im not saying you are wrong on this, a little more information would be useful. If you do more runs it would be a huge help if you could take a few notes.

Specifically, Number of TE's got, Mob Type, Stagger Color.
Also remember if you have someone come in and join your run late, they may not have 5/5 ki's, so if they stagger something it could be a different color (that happened to use the other day and confused me until i remembered that one of our group only had 4/5 ki's).
 Sylph.Brysky
Serveur: Sylph
user: brysky
By Sylph.Brysky 2011-05-16 08:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone noticed a increase in exp with more TE or longer duration of mobs frozen? I have only gotten yellow and red as I go straight.for TE then farm mobs. But in glacier I got 150 exp on hides with no proc, 520 with red, all were on hydra. And I have gotten 100's with no proc on NM and a bunch of singles (rare) with no proc. I have no TH as well. Will test more when I get home
 Ifrit.Shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2011-05-16 08:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daiiawn said:
Ifrit.Shagg said:
Asura.Daiiawn said:
i would have to see a blue proc after 1 TE to buy this as far as the mob job theory, it seemed to be fairly accurate in the run i did last night in glacier. however, Blu spells seemed to be outside that system. Expiation proced several heavy melee mobs. anyone else w/ blue spell proc experiences?
unless im missing something Expiacion is a ws, so it would make sense it proccing on war/pld/sam/drk/drg

aren't all blu spells essentialy mob tp moves, i.e. mob WSs? would it follow that all blu spells count as WSs as far as this proc system goes?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-16 08:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Shagg said:
Asura.Daiiawn said:
Ifrit.Shagg said:
Asura.Daiiawn said:
i would have to see a blue proc after 1 TE to buy this as far as the mob job theory, it seemed to be fairly accurate in the run i did last night in glacier. however, Blu spells seemed to be outside that system. Expiation proced several heavy melee mobs. anyone else w/ blue spell proc experiences?
unless im missing something Expiacion is a ws, so it would make sense it proccing on war/pld/sam/drk/drg
aren't all blu spells essentialy mob tp moves, i.e. mob WSs? would it follow that all blu spells count as WSs as far as this proc system goes?

They use stats based of the physical side and may deal physical damage but the game still counts them as a spell as far as I know. Maybe not when CA is active then it might count as a WS but pritty sure it's still a spell.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26