Pics that make you LOL
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 1166 1167 1168
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-10 02:20:52
Link | Citer | R

I just don't like how people are being perma banned for expressing their opinions here and there, I find that ridiculous.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 02:23:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really sure if you're saying the rules should be enforced for the sake of the rules. I don't particularly agree with that, but that's a separate topic. I was just summarizing the relevant points to the current discussion that I have gathered by reading, and that may not be immediately obvious to people who haven't been following the discussions on the rules.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I just don't like how people are being perma banned for expressing their opinions here and there, I find that ridiculous.

Who?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-05-10 02:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
I know it's ridiculous. You don't think when I found out Adsense cut me off for some bad words, when I see it everywhere on their properties and other forums, that I wasn't alittle frustrated.

I find something severely wrong with the world when people conclude that a word itself can be good or bad, when people give it it's meaning.

Thank you for fighting the machine as long as you were able /comfort.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 02:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've witnessed a couple, and one of them specifically asked for it.. I'm not exactly siding with the mods, but if I were a mod, and someone made a personal attack on me and then said "now ban me" I would oblige them. Just saying..

Once again..

There's not really much I can do about it, I can't change it, this 'movement' is obviously set in stone, or at least nearly dry concrete..
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 02:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

That's false. I've argued, suggested and critiqued more than my fair share in the rule thread and I haven't gotten a single warning. All the people who I observed were banned were either completely argumentative towards an admin mod, insulting towards an admin or mod, or both.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-10 02:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Who?

Someone was just banned in this thread and few were topic banned just for stating opinions.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-10 02:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

That's false. I've argued, suggested and critiqued more than my fair share in the rule thread and I haven't gotten a single warning. All the people who I observed were banned were either completely argumentative towards an admin mod, insulting towards an admin or mod, or both.

No it's not false, it's happened.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:30:25
Link | Citer | R

If they presented their opinions in a polite manner and got banned, then I will look into it.
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-05-10 02:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Who?

Someone was just banned in this thread and few were topic banned just for stating opinions.
Uh.. No. They were warned in the OP and knowingly went against it to try and be cool and rebellious. They got what they had coming to them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 02:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Topic bans may be something else, but I was referencing your first post about perma-bans.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Not really an active member but the LOL thread was my homepage and I used to refresh it like every hour. *** your new gay rules. Moderators you've became giant douchebags. And yes I said *** and gay go on ban me.
Done.

90% of the time if someone says "ban me" they no longer have any desire to reconcile. Until they are banned they won't care to work things out. Maybe they'll regret it after they're removed, maybe not.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2011-05-10 02:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
I know it's ridiculous. You don't think when I found out Adsense cut me off for some bad words, when I see it everywhere on their properties and other forums, that I wasn't alittle frustrated.

I understand, but Google has been pulling this *** for quite some time, and they don't show any signs of stopping anytime soon. I would be quite surprised if you could ever convince them to turn your account back on.

Given the choice between finding a new ad network that does not have such vast and recent history of screwing over legitimate customers, and alienating swaths of the community, I will side with the community every time.

This is the first time I have sincerely regretted not having put my name in the hat for that first moderator position.

I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll be slightly less disappointed in the morning.

quick edit:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Who?
Dasva.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 02:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Google ads have been up for a while... And we have two options, comply with google ads or lose the site. Ads generate revenue that keep the servers running.

That being said I disagree with some of the policies and I've voiced my opinion on them in the rule thread. Maybe at some point there will be a compromise.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:39:40
Link | Citer | R

It took a month to get a hold of someone with some pull to get the ads reinstated. But now they have my number. I told them I would clean up user submitted content. If they go and find out I lied. Game over, I'm not going to screw it up for some funny pics.

As I said in another thread, I will consider disabling ads on certain topics... such as this one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 02:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:

quick edit:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Who?
Dasva.
That's a topic ban. I don't necessarily agree 100% with those, but they're also much less severe, and I imagine can be reversed after some time.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Google ads have been up for a while... And we have two options, comply with google ads or lose the site. Ads generate revenue that keep the servers running.

That being said I disagree with some of the policies and I've voiced my opinion on them in the rule thread. Maybe at some point there will be a compromise.

I have been reading your feedback and many others. I appreciate your ability to articulate your feelings without resorting to a adolescent rant about the freedom to be obscene.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 02:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Dude, Scragg is here and can answer any questions effectively without someone else trying to be the monkey spouting off trying to be all kiss @$$ ..

That being said here is some funny

Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 02:58:55
Link | Citer | R

It's late, I am waiting for my parsers to finish and see how SE juggled their servers around and get data collection going before I goto bed. I will try to make a longer post to try to put some more rationale behind the policy changes.

For now, whoever gets to read this. Give the mods a break, especially Krizz. They don't like giving themselves more work. Krizz has been spearheading the enforcements and taking all the heat like a boss.

If you think you were wrongfully banned, PM me or Jaerik with the topic, we will try to address it. Or even if you think you deserve a 2nd chance. FFXIAH.com got a 2nd chance this month.

Ok, I already typed too much here.

BTW, the topic that was flagged by G00gle had an excess of the word '***' ....
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-05-10 03:00:53
Link | Citer | R

which one was it?

and seriously? O.O

/facepalm
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-05-10 03:02:36
Link | Citer | R

It was a player warning thread and was relatively mild on the language from what I remember. I already trashed the thread though.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 03:03:01
Link | Citer | R

See now that's where I have to start wondering what exactly their criteria is... That could easily be a name, but they flagged it as profanity.. It'd make a little more sense if the word was something that COULDN'T be anything else, like '***' or '***'.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 03:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Bots will do what bots do.

EDIT: in honor of the thread.

[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 03:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Can we petition why someone deserves a second chance on their behalf then if it is a clear calm cohesive argument?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-10 03:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
It was a player warning thread and was relatively mild on the language from what I remember. I already trashed the thread though.
Sorry if it was mine, lol >_>;
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 03:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Can we petition why someone deserves a second chance on their behalf then if it is a clear calm cohesive argument?
No, they made it perfectly clear we are not to make threads on such matters.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-05-10 03:05:34
Link | Citer | R

I can't pm you.....even if I tried....So I just email @ ffxiah.com??

Scragg?

(Pls message me somehow, I cannot give you my email out loud here to act on a reply..)

ugh...
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 03:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Sorry if it was mine, lol >_>;
Ourrs had no swearing IIRC
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-10 03:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Scragg said PM him why someone deserves a second chance. I see no valid reason why if I feel someone deserves a second chance I cant PM him with the reason why.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 03:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Bots will do what bots do.
Yeah, but I'm absolutely positive there's a thread out there somewhere I have saturated with other profanities to an extent that couldn't be rivaled by whatever the player warning thread did.. I have a sailor's mouth, but '***' isn't one of my words.

So I have to wonder about the criteria, of how it was singled out, or why more specifically.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 03:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Scragg said PM him why someone deserves a second chance. I see no valid reason why if I feel someone deserves a second chance I cant PM him with the reason why.
Oh my bad, I thought you meant making threads on it (like when Spicy got banned)

Nevermind.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 1166 1167 1168