users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Moar DNC xml
Moar DNC xml
 Asura.Kadoyuu
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2011-05-04 04:02:01
Link | Citer | R

I need a working <if Buffactive="March" > rule for DNC any help would be appreciated! Also: What set should I use if I'm receiving March/Haste? if this has been covered in another thread I apologize!
Thanks in Advance!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-04 04:57:18
Link | Citer | R

the rings/earrings are on the wrong side though. a crit hit rate + wivre gorget might be better depending on your atmas. love torque is also good.

*edit* after playing around with the set and seeing you have twashtar, you don't need suppa for delay cap and with a ToM 190 delay off hand you don't need rajas ring for 5tp/hit. mars's ring and kemas (maybe the odin earring or the dex/acc one from apoc nigh would be better?) should put out bette numbers. if any math wiz knows something better feel free to correct me.
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2011-05-04 05:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! I still need the <ifBuffactive="March"> rule though ;/
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-04 06:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kadoyuu said:
Thank you! I still need the <ifBuffactive="March"> rule though ;/

sorry i don't use spellcast. i'm just gimp like that.
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2011-05-04 06:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Bawwwwwwwwwwwwww T -T needs moar Ninnian
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-05-04 06:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Rajas is kind of an obvious hole in that gearset. Also, outside Abyssea Thew bomblet (9 Attack, 2 STR) may be better than Charis Feather (2-3 Acc, 1% crit rate, 5% crit damage).

How you should handle March depends how you handle your TP set normally. Do you set a variable to your current TP set's name?
 Lakshmi.Andromida
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Andromida 2011-05-04 07:45:25
Link | Citer | R

I see no reason why you would have a different set for march, as the march spell haste and equipment haste as they are have separate caps.

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Haste_(Status_Effect)#Limitations
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-05-04 11:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Andromida, go research how Dual Wield interacts with Haste, and the delay reduction cap. I know it's in several threads in this forum and others (sorry I'm too lazy to link).

Wouldn't you need multiple gear sets depending on if you have a gimp brd, well geared brd, or 2hr brd? I don't think spellcasts ifBuffActive could tell the difference but I could be wrong. Personally I have a 'zerg' set for discoball brd and another set that just removes my dual wield gear. Both put me around the delay reduction cap. I just use macros that set a $GearSet variable in spellcast that it will default back to after a ws or ability or whatever.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-04 11:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Rajas is kind of an obvious hole in that gearset. Also, outside Abyssea Thew bomblet (9 Attack, 2 STR) may be better than Charis Feather (2-3 Acc, 1% crit rate, 5% crit damage).

How you should handle March depends how you handle your TP set normally. Do you set a variable to your current TP set's name?

He stated that Rajas wasn't needed to maintain 5tp/hit, which is usually the goal for Dual-Wielders. The sad truth is, Rajas isn't that great for them.

Although it's almost negligible, Charis Feather should be about 1.5% critical hit rate outside of Abyssea, and inside the critical hit damage is too powerful. No reason to use Thew over it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-04 11:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
He stated that Rajas wasn't needed to maintain 5tp/hit, which is usually the goal for Dual-Wielders. The sad truth is, Rajas isn't that great for them.
Dead wrong on both counts. 5 TP/hit is a completely arbitrary goal that ignores WS return and the fact that dual-wielders attack multiple times per round, thus rendering the general concept of an x-hit less beneficial. That does NOT mean that Rajas is not beneficial, because it still decreases your average hits/WS in a package that is also beneficial for your TP phase damage.

EDIT: Example: Kannagi/Kamome with Suppa, Iga Zukin +2, Rajas, Brutal, and Usukane Sune-ate gets 4.8 TP/round. Iga Dochugappa would raise that to exactly 5.0, but it's still inferior to Atheling Mantle.

Quote:
Charis Feather should be about 1.5% critical hit rate outside of Abyssea
You're operating on some sort of mistaken premise here as well.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-04 11:34:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You're operating on some sort of mistaken premise here as well.[/quote]

Care to enlighten me then?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-04 11:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Quote:
Quote:
You're operating on some sort of mistaken premise here as well.

Care to enlighten me then?
critrate increases in a stepwise fashion. For every 10 DEX over the mob's AGI for the first 40 DEX, you gain 1% critrate. The 9 DEX in between do nothing (and if Charis Feather falls in this range obviously it would not add critrate either). For dDEX=41~50, you gain 1% critrate per point of DEX. It's why building for crits on WS is an all-or-nothing deal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-05-04 13:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Yar, and outside Abyssea on hypothetical increased-level monsters, most people aren't going to be anywhere near dDEX=40-50. The Twashtar-using OP may be, but you'd be talking about a maximum benefit of:

15->20% crit rate
+5% crit damage (on top of 13% from trait + Loki's) = +4.5% damage to crit hits

.2*1.18*crit_pDIF + .8*normal_pDIF = .15*1.13*crit_pDIF(Atk+9) + .8*normal_pDIF(Atk+9)

oh screw it, I'll do the math when I get home so I have my pDIF function and can give an exact comparison

Also, you appear to be totally neglecting the benefits of fSTR outside Abyssea, which are huge for dagger users.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-04 14:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kadoyuu said:
I need a working <if Buffactive="March" > rule for DNC any help would be appreciated! Also: What set should I use if I'm receiving March/Haste? if this has been covered in another thread I apologize!
Thanks in Advance!

Firstly I'm going to state that I wouldn't make your sets change with ifBuffActive because you could engage, then your BRD sings March after you're engaged and your gear won't change until you perform an action. It's better handled with a manual toggle IMO. That said...

<if Advanced='BuffActive="Victory March" AND BuffActive="Haste"'>
<var cmd="set NameOfVariable VariableValue" />
</if>
<else>
whatever
</else>

I think this should work, if it doesn't come harass me. Not sure if you can check for two buffs, I've never done so.

This however...

<if BuffActive="Victory March">
<var cmd="set NameOfVariable VariableValue" />
</if>
<else>
whatever
</else>

..should work for sure.