Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Cataclysm
Cataclysm
 Sylph.Bonaparte
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Bonaparte
By Sylph.Bonaparte 2011-04-29 16:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Hi just wondering which atmas would you use if helping out fell cleave style party and wanted to use Cataclysm ws?
 Lakshmi.Helixx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Helixx
By Lakshmi.Helixx 2011-04-29 17:15:04
Link | Citer | R

use search function before posting.

Cosmos
Smiting blow
Griffon claw

Pluto staff + Mab gear + /rdm
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-29 17:19:23
Link | Citer | R

I disagree with the use of /RDM, unless your main purpose is Empyrean feet farming. In my opinion, no point in sacrificing the use of a subjob to cleave time for events, because you'll need to go back to town and change, causing you to lose the time and making everything pointless.

As far as atma...
Cosmos yes, but Magic Attack Bonus is a direct +1 = 1% damage boost on elemental weaponskills. Hell's Guardian and Ultimate should effectively double your damage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-29 21:03:00
Link | Citer | R

EDIT: NVM
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-29 21:05:36
Link | Citer | R

I edited out the brew'd part before you even posted, idk how that happened. I was in another window looking at question for thief AE brew. mistake lol. was going to edit post but of course someone already replies.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 21:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:

As he should probably search before posting, you should either search and read forums more regularly before giving advice, or not post about stuff you aren't sure about. It has been addressed in other threads that Cosmos, Smiting, and Griffon will do a lot more for brew'd cataclysm than just MAB atmas.

As you should probably learn to read before posting, he didn't ask about atma setup for brewing, he asked about Cata cleaving atmas.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-29 21:16:37
Link | Citer | R

As he should probably search before posting, you should either search and read forums more regularly before giving advice, or not post about stuff you aren't sure about. It has been addressed in other threads that Cosmos, Smiting, and Griffon will do a lot more for cataclysm than just MAB atmas.
Ok, won't let me edit, that's awesome. Take out that "brew'd cataclysm" part. The above mentioned atmas should prove more effective with or without a brew.

I read the forums when I get the chance, and I don't need to search them just to give advice, I do have better things to do with my time, and just because I don't read them religiously doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

I didn't offer advice, and I'm not going to because I don't care enough to read the former thread, so I simply offered some information I know to be true, implying a question of which is better, hoping for some evidence, rather than just an unsubstantiated answer.

Ninja edit: Also, nice ninja edit. Must have seen your posts change about 3 times.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-29 21:18:37
Link | Citer | R

I edited out the brew'd part before you even posted, idk how that happened. I was in another window looking at question for thief AE brew. mistake lol. was going to edit post but of course someone already replies.

This is why you tag your edits with, Edit:
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-29 21:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Obviously he was still typing in the box when I edited it. then a couple minutes later posted. I was trying to edit the post but it wouldn't let me. So i made a second post, which you have seen since you quoted it. But as someone already quoted me and replied,made it useless

Edit: Not a lot of people have Hell's Guardian atma. A more likely scenario is Beyond or baying paired with ultimate.

Are you speaking from experience where you have personally tried them both and the pure MAB was better than TP bonus?

I was also mistaken, I thought you were the one who put in the comment about searching before posting, that's why I made that *** comment. Alas I couldn't correct my mistake before someone posted. My bad.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-29 21:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Obviously he was still typing in the box when I edited it. then a couple minutes later posted. I was trying to edit the post but it wouldn't let me. So i made a second post, which you have seen since you quoted it. But as someone already quoted me and replied,made it useless

Was typing before he posted, much like he was typing before you edited.

The point stands though. So what if the question was already answered, it's not hurting anyone to discuss it in here as well.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-04-29 21:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Cosmos
Smiting Blow
Ultimate

MAB and INT gear
Ascetics tonic
/SAM
Pop 2hr chest, sekkanoki cata -> cata -> meditate -> cata
Rinse & repeat
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-29 21:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Akuji said:
Cosmos
Smiting Blow
Ultimate

MAB and INT gear
Ascetics tonic
/SAM
Rinse & repeat

Edit: Although does anyoen know how much the Griffon's Claw does? wiki doesn't list how much it boosts weaponskills. Depending on the boost and when each is factored in, might beat MAB. But i'm positive that TP bonus is better than 2x MaB with and without brew
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-04-29 21:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Akuji said:
Cosmos
Smiting Blow
Ultimate

MAB and INT gear
Ascetics tonic
/SAM
Rinse & repeat

Edit: Although does anyoen know how much the Griffon's Claw does? wiki doesn't list how much it boosts weaponskills. Depending on the boost and when each is factored in, might beat MAB. But i'm positive that TP bonus is better than 2x MaB without brew

with my weak int/mab gear i own that actually fits mnk lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 21:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Akuji said:
Cosmos
Smiting Blow
Ultimate

MAB and INT gear
Ascetics tonic
/SAM
Rinse & repeat

Edit: Although does anyoen know how much the Griffon's Claw does? wiki doesn't list how much it boosts weaponskills. Depending on the boost and when each is factored in, might beat MAB. But i'm positive that TP bonus is better than 2x MaB with and without brew

Smiting blow is TP bonus: Superior
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-29 21:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Ragnarok.Akuji said:
Cosmos
Smiting Blow
Ultimate

MAB and INT gear
Ascetics tonic
/SAM
Rinse & repeat

Smiting blow is TP bonus: Superior

Now who should learn to read before posting? lol. Lot of this going around
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-04-29 22:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Why would you use MAB atmas while brewing? =X
 Caitsith.Lyall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-04-29 22:06:27
Link | Citer | R

Because you don't know how MAB works while under brew, presumably.

Edit: Universal you, not personal
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-04-29 22:28:10
Link | Citer | R

I understood ya =P
 Sylph.Bonaparte
Serveur: Sylph
user: Bonaparte
By Sylph.Bonaparte 2011-04-30 01:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for help everyone much appreciated :)