Blue Mage soloing
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-20 18:23:29
Link | Citer | R

I could never get M. Hammer to do enough damage to warrant it's set cost. Do you have a specific gear set for it? I haven't used the spell in ages.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-20 18:35:59
Link | Citer | R

From Nightfyres page:

Obviously replace the harder to get items with those within your reach.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-20 18:46:36
Link | Citer | R

I'd definitely have to make some tweaks to that but thx.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-07-10 19:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Probably not all that cool anymore, but I decided to give Shinryu a shot as well. :p

[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-07-11 16:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Cuijatender~ Was a fun fight for me at least. Took almost 30 minutes. <_<

[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-11 16:55:31
Link | Citer | R

No ???? Needles that does 13,000 damage?
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-07-11 17:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Am guessing he used methods that reduced tp gain considering he said it took 30 minutes
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-11 17:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Am guessing he used methods that reduced tp gain considering he said it took 30 minutes
That makes sense, Reaving Wind, Feather Tickle, Delta Thrust would all reduce and remove TP considerably well.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-07-11 17:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Don't think the Plague from Delta Thrust would stick so I didn't bother using it, but yeah, used the other two.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-07-12 00:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Another one! Took me 3 tries. :( On the first two he casted Dispel right at the start. <_<

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2012-07-12 12:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Probably not all that cool anymore, but I decided to give Shinryu a shot as well. :p

may i ask what your gear set/ spells were please and atama? ^^
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-07-12 13:19:09
Link | Citer | R

I used Razed Ruins, Minikin Monstrosity and Future Fabulous.

PDT:
MDT:
Magic Fruit/Plenilune Embrace. I don't normally set PE, but I knew I'd be curing a lot (which also led me to off-handing Sanus Ensis. That and this set pushed my Plenilune Embraces to almost 1000):

Most used spells were: Saline Coat, Magic Fruit, Plenilune Embrace, Heavy Strike, Disseverment, Barrier Tusk, Cocoon, Animating Wail, Battery Charge, Blank Gaze (though Osmosis or Voracious Trunk may be better if you can actually steal his Regain!). Barrier Tusk and Cocoon aren't totally needed.

I don't remember the full spell list I had, but as long as you got those you can use the rest on Job Traits.

Draylo has a video a few pages back if you want more insight on the fight. :p (I wish I could do videos. ;_;)
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2012-07-12 13:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I used Razed Ruins, Minikin Monstrosity and Future Fabulous.

PDT:
MDT:
Magic Fruit/Plenilune Embrace. I don't normally set PE, but I knew I'd be curing a lot (which also led me to off-handing Sanus Ensis. That and this set pushed my Plenilune Embraces to almost 1000):

Most used spells were: Saline Coat, Magic Fruit, Plenilune Embrace, Heavy Strike, Disseverment, Barrier Tusk, Cocoon, Animating Wail, Battery Charge, Blank Gaze (though Osmosis or Voracious Trunk may be better if you can actually steal his Regain!). Barrier Tusk and Cocoon aren't totally needed.

I don't remember the full spell list I had, but as long as you got those you can use the rest on Job Traits.

Draylo has a video a few pages back if you want more insight on the fight. :p (I wish I could do videos. ;_;)

ah ok thanks for the info ^^
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2012-07-17 20:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Not sure how relevant it is nowadays but I just soloed "Early Bird Catches The Wyrm" on my BLU/RDM with the help with of this thread! ^^d

Things went okay until he got up into the air and I realized I couldn't do Disserverment or MP Drainkiss to him so I had to fall back on my other spells, using CA and Efflux when I could

Its also at that point, I also found that my hybrid fire resist/MDT set, Magic Barrier and Phalanx were allowing me to take almost no damage at all. I didn't even have to use Magic Fruit until he came back down.

He did get a bit nastier after he landed, taking me down to 15% HP at one point but my hybrid eva set saved the day. After an Efflux+Bloodrake, I had back all my HP with almost no MP left, but he was also at 15% so I felt safe enough to melee him down the rest of the way.

Thanks to everyone here for the info as I couldn't have done it without you guys!
By Ophannus 2012-07-17 21:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Someone check if BLU can solo Mobline Comedy. I want that 3m stone and I saw a video of a JP RDM90 soloing it, think BLU can handle it? We don't have phalanx but I'm sure we have more damage, things like Frypan/Actinic Burst/Whirl of Rage. I can see Auroral Drape's massive blind/silence AoE coming in handy for this fight. This is the RDM solo video, if anyone wants to try on test server or something to solo this and report back, it'd be cool.

By sazael 2012-07-17 23:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Any thoughts on Divine Might solo? Looking to reacquire an earring.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-07-17 23:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Someone check if BLU can solo Mobline Comedy. I want that 3m stone and I saw a video of a JP RDM90 soloing it, think BLU can handle it? We don't have phalanx but I'm sure we have more damage, things like Frypan/Actinic Burst/Whirl of Rage. I can see Auroral Drape's massive blind/silence AoE coming in handy for this fight. This is the RDM solo video, if anyone wants to try on test server or something to solo this and report back, it'd be cool.

I've actually attempted it myself and its pretty rough without the phalanx/FC for putting stoneskin back on that RDM has.. Could be doable with meds but its rough.
By Ophannus 2012-07-18 10:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Was thinking Auroral Drape+PDT gear+Cocoon+Food+Protect 5 from book+Barrier Tusk spam Sanguine Blade, use Genbu Shield too, sub RDM for FC and have a fastcast gear precast, can put up ice spikes which are still potent with gimp skill(was paralyzing DC mobs like crazy with /RDM's icespikes in dyna DRG/BLU) take advantage of things like bloodsabre/Demoralizing Roar/Bilgestorm. Use Whirl of Rage whenever its up. Can probably kill one from the start with CDC>Amorphic, and kill another with a quick Efflux Quadratic->Heavy Strike->Delta Thrust, thats 2 less mobs hitting you. Can toss out a Cimicine Discharge. Blood Sabre 140-180 HP drainx 6-7 mobs is a decent heal. Can still use /RDM's phalanx which isn't too bad subbed(16-18 depending on if you bring enhancing gear) and you can aquaveil too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By Kyler 2012-09-05 19:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any success with The hills are alive?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [197 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-21 13:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Necro bump, got the itch for soloing so I'll be uploading more videos before expansion!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-03-21 13:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Negro bump,

thats racist!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-21 13:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Woops, auto correct'
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-21 17:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Special sets used:

Earth Resist:
ItemSet 293686

Some of the pieces were hard to find, so its not the most optimal but it did the job fine. I'm sure some pieces could also be replacing with other beneficial stats but I didn't feel like mix/matching to see what worked on my first runs soloing it as the pop item is annoying to get.

Evasion:

ItemSet 222596

Same deal as the Earth Resist. I'm sure you could replace quite a bit of evasion with haste, I was primarily using spells to dmg him though. Using Tizona for MP upkeep (can be done with Almace as well, might need meds if it gets rough.)

Some specifics:

-Standard spell sets for the physical spells.
-Hybrid haste/skill/recast build for mp drainkiss.
-Standard spell set for Magic Hammer. I didn't use this much on Ouryu but it wasn't very impressive. It did great against the elementals though.
-Tried to steal his stoneskin with buff steal spells but osmosis didn't take it :|.

-The adds are really annoying. Try to place Ouryu and yourself so that you only have three mobs. In the video I had a ninja worm casting on me from somewhere, I looked around and saw him towards the middle. The worms aren't really a big deal honestly, the water elemental can be dangerous though if it gets an unresisted spell off. Flood had hit me for 630 dmg once w/o Magic Barrier up. You can hit them with magic hammer before sleeping as well.
---Once the adds build resistance its time to kill them, note the sleep duration.
--I opted to aspir the adds over Ouryu himself due to lower chance of resistance.

-For barspell I had Adhara seraweels on for the bonus to them. I used barstone at first and decided to use barpetrify as well. One attempt I lost because he did break (which landed) and then followed up with terror which overwritten it, and the water elemental finished me with a 630 flood.
- I was using Aquaviel with the seraweels and the sash that enhances it, didn't help much as the spells I would be casting were either fast enough to avoid interruption or blue magic which had very low chance of interrupting.
- Used phalanx with minimal enhancing skill to deflect some dmg.
- Make great use of Magic Barrier, definitely makes this a lot easier (although if your skill build isn't great, maxed stoneskin is good too.)

-Spells obviously land in the air, I opted to use only delta/heavy strike for mp efficiency. Only used QC for SC with ws. I didn't have much spell room to get a good 2hr set in (also didn't use it very efficiently in the video) but its a great asset.
- I had used a DoT at start, probably not the best since you would wanna sleep him at times if you want to recover.

Lastly, spell set I used:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-21 18:01:57
Link | Citer | R

Video is so sped up ^^; Awesome anyway though, I'm terribad at stuff like this.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-21 22:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Video is so sped up ^^; Awesome anyway though, I'm terribad at stuff like this.

Thanks, it was too long otherwise lol.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-21 23:39:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I just need to dissect your videos so I can be as awesome as you one day. But when they are moving that fast It's hard to process lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-03-22 00:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Awesome job Draylo. Makes me feel proud knowing there's still real BLUs out there playing the job the way it was meant to be played. Kinda makes me want to come back. Also glad to see you actually use your Tizona in one of your videos lol. Should take a whack at Bahamut next just saying~
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-26 18:32:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut v2 solo:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir