Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-22 21:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
WOW man.

Truly inspirational!
Time to start usual gear/atma questions. So you did the fight in PDT gear, right? Was the offhand sword a Vit/pdt too?
As for atmas I'd guess RR, MM and idk... Mounted Champion?

Gotta go try this.

The offhand was a STR sword as I haven't made a PDT one, yeah I stayed in -PDT gear as bulk of my dmg was from spells. My atmas were in the description along with which meds I used. They were RR MM and Future Fabulous.
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-22 22:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Very cool dude.
By Latifah 2012-02-22 22:12:23
Link | Citer | R

thats a lot of meds used with frantic drinks as well, nice video tho
By joelchiquito 2012-02-22 22:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Phaffi from lakshmi soloed shinryu too @99 pld.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-23 09:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Latifah said: »
thats a lot of meds used with frantic drinks as well, nice video tho

Most of them weren't even needed as my heals handled the dmg fine. I only used them out of panic really, as they are there so why not use them? Fanatics is mainly so you can dmg it faster and not worry about heals. If you're trying to say that meds make this not worthy of mention, then that's silly. Almost all FF game solo's have meds incorporated in the strategy, they are there so why not use them to an advantage?

joelchiquito said: »
Phaffi from lakshmi soloed shinryu too @99 pld.

The thread is for Blue Mage solo's.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2012-02-23 09:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Wish I kept my solo videos backed up(old PC died) most were from 75 cap.

Oni Carcass was my favorite solo because it was so random I didnt even know the NM existed I was just exploring the zone walking around and then I saw it. Just went for it. And it was the most intense fight I had in a long time of soloing lol. That things Mighty Strikes were devasting. Was fun though haha.

I soloed various random NMs those have always been more appealing to me then say Abyssea NMs or Mission fights. It's always fun to uncover some long lost forgotten NM in a zone no one goes to often enough to know it even exists and kill it. Especially when the NM is higher level then you. :)
 Asura.Fuxi
Serveur: Asura
user: Fuxi
By Asura.Fuxi 2012-02-23 12:24:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if this was asked before but how's BLU solo in dyna?
By Kieron 2012-02-23 12:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fuxi said: »
I'm not sure if this was asked before but how's BLU solo in dyna?

I'd say it can solo quite well in there. Blu can hit TH2 with an augmented tarutaru sash and trait from spells as dnc sub, no different than dnc/thf. You can effectively sleep the links you happen to get and blu can dish out nice spell dmg on ep mobs for quick kills.

iirc (correct me if I'm wrong), the bst th nerf hasn't gone through yet so bst would probably still be your best choice as of now.
[+]
 Asura.Fuxi
user: Fuxi
By Asura.Fuxi 2012-02-23 12:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Cool, Thanks!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-23 13:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Did youtube change something recently? Notice my videos have black bars on the sides... and I notice a ton of other ffxi videos have the same or was that always the case?
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-02-23 13:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Did youtube change something recently? Notice my videos have black bars on the sides... and I notice a ton of other ffxi videos have the same or was that always the case?
Not that I know of, I'm pretty sure it just depends on how you render your videos. All my videos that I've edited/rendered have the black bars, but the stuff that I've direct uploaded from twitch.tv doesn't.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-23 13:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Black bars indicate that the resolution of the final rendered image is lower than the overall possible resolution of Youtube's video player. Depending on what settings/program you used to record, how much you opted to stretch the video out to try to make it fit a 1080p resolution, etc. would lead to the black bars.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-23 13:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Hm I see, I'm gonna have to mess around with fraps or WLMM because they really bother me lol. I didn't even notice them until now, which is odd if they were always there.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Erics
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2012-03-12 11:46:49
Link | Citer | R

Draylo, what program do you use to speed up your video? I have expression encoder 4 to compress the video from fraps but keep the quality, it just can't speed up videos though ;_;.

Edit- well, I tried out windows movie maker, but it seemed if it was at 2x speed, it got choppy.. :/

Anyway, I tried the KS99 Wyrm solo as well, made some mistakes, using convert near the end probably would've saved my run, but I forgot all about it due to this being my first try at soloing something difficult. Also, should've TP'd in af3 body more for refresh but was scared my Eva wasn't good enough, and had some macro typos and forgot a spell on my macros. Overall, I'm satisfied with how well I did. If you get the chance, watch it if you have the time, and critize what I should've done or change.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-16 19:44:10
Link | Citer | R

I use windows movie maker to speed my videos up. It only seems choppy when you're actually editing the video, when its complete it will run normally and not skip or w/e. Test it out first.

Few comments I can make:

-You didn't reuse food after it got dispelled.
-You need to use Efflux and CA whenever they are up and when appropriate (as in, not near death when healing is needed obviously)
-I have a haste build for my Mp drainkiss that includes AF3+2 hands, its decent to cut the recast down so you can gain more MP back.
---Also this goes for Magic Barrier, its really helpful to add a precast FC build for it and end in haste/recast(hands).
---Same deal for magic fruit, get a FC build.
-You use the vile elixir +1 way too early, maybe out of panic.
-You didn't 2hr while it was in the air. While it's not necessary it will help get it down much faster, especially with a good SC.
-Didn't swap into MDT set while it was in the air, those hits are magical and you aren't going to evade them.

It was a good attempt, basically I feel you drew out the flight phase too long and it drained your MP badly. 2hr greatly helps here, if you don't feel you wanna use it then you need make good use of -MDT set as I didn't see you use one. The AF3+2 body would be better and basically invest in a FC set too. Also, you already mentioned but yeah convert when its stunned/shadow up if in dire need.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-16 19:51:25
Link | Citer | R

I find a bit of a fire resist set + barfire is more than sufficient to completely cut down the damage it does in the air.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-16 19:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Did you have a decent set in mind? I haven't used one in forever but I remember they are pretty inventory intensive which can be bad depending on how much gear you already have for the solo. Although you could just replace the MDT items I guess.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-16 20:03:25
Link | Citer | R

I use mostly gear that I have sitting around already (with the exception of a couple of pieces) and it works out.

<neck>Jeweled collar</neck>
<lear>Flame Pearl</lear>
<rear>Flame Pearl</rear>
<body>Coral Scale Mail</body>
<hands>Denali Wristbands</hands>
<lring>Dark Ring</lring>
<rring>Dark Ring</rring>
<back>Hexerei Cape</back>
<waist>Water belt</waist>
<legs>Blood cuisses</legs>
<feet>Power sandals</feet>

Bastardized MDT+Resist hybrid thing. Works well with barfire (which I stick portent pants and enhancing torque on for just because, couple of extra points).
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-16 20:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Flame sachet! ABSORB that wyrm's attacks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-16 20:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Flame sachet! ABSORB that wyrm's attacks.

Good call. whats the abs rate on that? Also would engulfer cape be worth losing the -3% dmg taken?

Also shadow ring
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-16 20:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Do those stack with Engulfer's cape ? Guessing not and they are independent procs but I would use that also and Shadow Ring and replace jeweled collar with twilight torque to offset the MDT loss. So loss of -4% MDT (assuming 6% rings) but gain benefits of cape/ring.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-16 20:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Do those stack with Engulfer's cape ? Guessing not and they are independent procs but I would use that also and Shadow Ring and replace jeweled collar with twilight torque to offset the MDT loss. So loss of -4% MDT (assuming 6% rings) but gain benefits of cape/ring.

idk if satchet stacks but it had +10 fire resist.. so might as well use it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-16 20:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

idk if satchet stacks but it had +10 fire resist.. so might as well use it.

Yeah same as the jeweled collar so can be replaced since his build didn't include the ammo. Overall its not too important though lol, it should be mostly stunned in the air and you should be working on getting it down fast via 2hr or spell dmg which also means potentially getting hit in DD gear when it unstuns. The main issue, I feel, is luck with the terror duration and how much dmg you accumulate during!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-16 20:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Not too sure if -5% MDT is really worth the possibly extra rate of taking severely reduced damage. I haven't bothered seeing if resist rate changes with different pieces on/off though, only estimated based on natural resist rate gains and gear required at 75.

I don't have Flame Sachet in there because I use Aliyat Chakram for evasion and don't fancy losing TP.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-16 20:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Not too sure if -5% MDT is really worth the possibly extra rate of taking severely reduced damage. I haven't bothered seeing if resist rate changes with different pieces on/off though, only estimated based on natural resist rate gains and gear required at 75.

I don't have Flame Sachet in there because I use Aliyat Chakram for evasion and don't fancy losing TP.

What about the back/ring idea? =o not worth it since with all ur fire resist you take crap dmg anyways?
 Asura.Erics
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2012-03-16 20:46:47
Link | Citer | R

I use windows movie maker to speed my videos up. It only seems choppy when you're actually editing the video, when its complete it will run normally and not skip or w/e. Test it out first.

Few comments I can make:

-You didn't reuse food after it got dispelled.
-You need to use Efflux and CA whenever they are up and when appropriate (as in, not near death when healing is needed obviously)
-I have a haste build for my Mp drainkiss that includes AF3+2 hands, its decent to cut the recast down so you can gain more MP back.
---Also this goes for Magic Barrier, its really helpful to add a precast FC build for it and end in haste/recast(hands).
---Same deal for magic fruit, get a FC build.
-You use the vile elixir +1 way too early, maybe out of panic.
-You didn't 2hr while it was in the air. While it's not necessary it will help get it down much faster, especially with a good SC.
-Didn't swap into MDT set while it was in the air, those hits are magical and you aren't going to evade them.

It was a good attempt, basically I feel you drew out the flight phase too long and it drained your MP badly. 2hr greatly helps here, if you don't feel you wanna use it then you need make good use of -MDT set as I didn't see you use one. The AF3+2 body would be better and basically invest in a FC set too. Also, you already mentioned but yeah convert when its stunned/shadow up if in dire need.

First of all, I really appreciate you taking the time to watch it and giving me feed back. I will defiantly take all things into consideration. As far as using my 2hr, it was down for another 40minutes, I had completely forgot I used it up prior the fight. If I would've known, I wouldve waited for sure. The vile elixir use was out of panic, first attempt, so I was biting my tongue the moment I engaged. Also, thanks for the information about movie maker, I thought since it was choppy during editting, it would be choppy on the finished product.
Again, thanks for the positive feedback. I am going to get payback on the ***.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-16 20:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

What about the back/ring idea? =o not worth it since with all ur fire resist you take crap dmg anyways?

I don't invest very much stock in those sorts of armor pieces unless I have nothing else that I can put in those slots, personal preference really.

For instance, I use Shadow Mantle for my Ichi cast 'cause there's nothing better in that slot for that really.
 Bismarck.Tekumi
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Tekumi
By Bismarck.Tekumi 2012-03-30 14:16:58
Link | Citer | R

Any of you solo sobek on blu before? Trying to finish 85 Almance and think it could be possible with a decent eva set.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-30 14:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Just stun tyrant tusk and he is a joke
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17