Help With Lvling Guard. Currently 256 How Can I Cap Rest Solo?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Help with lvling Guard. Currently 256 How can I cap rest solo?
Help with lvling Guard. Currently 256 How can I cap rest solo?
 Fairy.Aquilo
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-10-26 08:15:55
Link | Citer | R

i'm currently a lvl 83 Mnk but my Guard is only 120. i tryed to level it up today in Crawlers Nest on the Blazer Beetles. i rounded them all up and they where all hitting me ect, but for over half an hour i didnt get any skill ups. now thinking about it do i have to have a h2h weapon equiped as i had a earth staff equiped thinking the damage reduction would be good? question is do i need to have h2h equiped to get guard skill ups and also was i aiming at the right mobs?
 Siren.Chrichri
Serveur: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-10-26 09:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Yes equip H2H. Use a sub that has some form of damage reduction like blu pld rdm or dnc to cure. You might consider mobs slightly lower. If I remember correctly (and my memory sucks ***) you wanna target mobs that are in the DC-EM range for the skill you're trying to raise. Your guard vs. these mobs would put you at like IT. I wish I could give you better mobs but I just rolled out of bed and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Plus my memory sucks ***.
 Fairy.Aquilo
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-10-26 09:52:55
Link | Citer | R

chears. yea first of all i went for the Crawlers in the entrance, but as i wasnt skilling up (due to using a staff ><) i moved on to the next set of exp mobs from that area thinking id get skill ups. al return there tonight n retry on the 1st set of crawlers. BUT WITH H2H EQUIPED!!! lol
 Gilgamesh.Silvermutt
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Silvermutt 2010-11-01 11:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Lizzies cap at 120. Around your level I rounded up all the lizzies in that first big room and pulled them under the overhang (where u drop down) to get them all in front of me. Turn on Footwork so you don't kill them too fast, and switch target before you kill each one. when they're all almost dead just use spinning attack and wait for the next respawn.

After that, the nest beetles and caveberries are good until about 135. This guide helped me at the lower levels http://funtimebliss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1126
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-01 11:04:54
Link | Citer | R

...nvm
By Cybermario 2010-11-09 16:17:34
Link | Citer | R

what would be the best eva gear to attemp guard skillups?
By ejiboo 2010-11-14 10:16:42
Link | Citer | R

no evasion gear at all, you want the mob to bypass your evasion.
By ejiboo 2010-11-14 10:20:23
Link | Citer | R

so tiger, is it really just a blue number? i've always wanted to cap it out and with tactical guard it could be pretty nice no? from watching genome's videos it looks like procs often enough on mobs within 5~ levels. i go mnk/war to a lot of abyssea now so i could see it being more useful in conj with gnarled horn (iirc genome tested that agi helped guard?).
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-14 10:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
gl on your blue numbers (Because that's all it's worth)

Ppl need to go back one page and read what was already posted, can still go for it if you really must but its pretty pointless. I dont buy the whole its fun to do thing I was bored out of my mind after 15 forced lvl skill ups, rest for me is natural and has reached 220ish.

At a lvl as low as 100-150 to bring it to cap at 85 youll need quite a few hours forced skill up, could probably farm gil for spharai in that time.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-14 10:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Sure as *** wasn't fun for me, lol. Drove myself crazy skilling guard.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-14 10:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Aquilo said:
i'm currently a lvl 83 Mnk but my Guard is only 120. i tryed to level it up today in Crawlers Nest on the Blazer Beetles. i rounded them all up and they where all hitting me ect, but for over half an hour i didnt get any skill ups. now thinking about it do i have to have a h2h weapon equiped as i had a earth staff equiped thinking the damage reduction would be good? question is do i need to have h2h equiped to get guard skill ups and also was i aiming at the right mobs?
I would probably try mandies due to the high douuble attack rate, and cause they hit like girls I would put on as much guardskill gear and then -eva gear as possible

this video is over a year old, so might either need to try mandies in upper part of tree, or abysea mandies
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-14 10:59:10
Link | Citer | R

I need to remove that video. All it does is serve as a tutorial of time waste.
[+]
 Fairy.Glasseye
user: glasseye
By Fairy.Glasseye 2010-11-14 13:41:02
Link | Citer | R

If you guard skill is around 100 and your 75+ the place to go. you goto SSG pull all 16 mobs around the pond and let them go at it i /dnc. the mobs there haste eachother cure each other youll be in the fight a good 15 min.

After you kill them run down to the silver door pull those 16-20 mobs there and start again i went from 96-140. Youll see .3 .3 .2 in a row the mobs con tooweak. just remeber you can die but meh xp cheap now. qeuip was balck adargas, tiger mask, guarding torque, mnk af
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Juandbz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2010-12-14 07:58:18
Link | Citer | R

hey Thanks with puks I got a little help there but takes forever for a skill up, might have to go somewhere else soon. any ideas?

lv.90 now might need to recreate a guarding skill guide
 Bahamut.Juandbz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2010-12-14 07:59:41
Link | Citer | R

My guard is 270 wheres the best place to skill up other then den rancor?