Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman
Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
So did you flip a similar ***when the Westboro Baptist Church's tires got slashed and a whole town refused to do anything for them?

False equivalency. This family did nothing wrong. The members of WBC intentionally stir up trouble, and sometimes, it bites them in the ***. Not even the same thing, but I can't help but wonder why you seem to be getting so worked up about this, lol...I simply seeded the story because I found it interesting. If you're not interested, that's cool. No one is forcing you to post here. 8)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:27:51
Link | Citer | R

I never thought of that one, Hohenheim. That got a giggle out of me :3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
So did you flip a similar ***when the Westboro Baptist Church's tires got slashed and a whole town refused to do anything for them?

False equivalency. This family did nothing wrong. The members of WBC intentionally stir up trouble, and sometimes, it bites them in the ***. Not even the same thing, but I can't help but wonder why you seem to be getting so worked up about this, lol...I simply seeded the story because I found it interesting. If you're not interested, that's cool. No one is forcing you to post here. 8)

You're the one getting worked up about this.

I am interested; you're just selectively reading far too much.

As I said, what he did was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Wearing a burqa is equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Where did it say that? Assumptions are not very good.
If you have another reason why a woman accompanied by her husband and three children, but whose face was covered due to her obviously Muslim garb, was called a "security risk", I would genuinely be interested to hear it.
Sure.
Irrelevant. There are Christian extremists packing guns, also, but I don't have the right to refuse service to them based solely on their "I love Jesus" T-shirt.
Completely relevant. It's what he believes and the reasons he uses. You can't prove a goddamn thing that he did it because he hates the religion.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
I guess those "No shirt, no shoes, no service" signs are against the law too.

"It's the way someone wants to dress! They have a right to buy things!"

Good point, actually. I've never thought of why some stores have those signs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Shoes are against my religion
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

I would imagine that the official reasoning is for sanitary reasons.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

Shoes could be a safety reason; shirt for public indecency maybe? Though that's pushing it imo. But I mean, it's not like it's hard to wear a shirt. If you can't afford one, you can't afford to shop either.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Wanna know what I find funny?

Basically all this shits' cause boils down to religion.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-04-16 20:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Don't business'es have the right to refuse service to anyone?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:

Pretty sure, but there has to be a reason for it that's not

"I refuse you service because you're black."

In this guys case, he has some sort of safety reason where nothing will probably happen legally. He'll just get looked down upon and fired probably.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

As I said, what he did was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Wearing a burqa is equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Frankly, I think having to cover oneself up is lame, also, but it's certainly her right, and if we start refusing service to people just because of their religious clothing, it seems to be opening up quite a Pandora's box of future problems.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
I guess those "No shirt, no shoes, no service" signs are against the law too. "It's the way someone wants to dress! They have a right to buy things!"
Shoes could be a safety reason; shirt for public indecency maybe? Though that's pushing it imo. But I mean, it's not like it's hard to wear a shirt. If you can't afford one, you can't afford to shop either.
It's because you will lose customers. While you might not care if someone is walking around shirtless I bet you there will be people who will leave when they see it. Like said it's not too hard to wear a shirt. Just like it's not to hard to not wear a burka.

Guess what you dress like a gangsta you might get turned out too. Or at least watched closely.

Turns out you will be treated differently based on your appearances deal with it.

[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Wanna know what I find funny?

Basically all this shits' cause boils down to religion.
I think it boils down to race like near everything, more than religion. I bet like 99.999% chance that guy was religious

Maybe. But unfortunately race is inherent and there's nothing wrong with it.

Religion on the other hand...

The world will never be without hate.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:37:02
Link | Citer | R

In this guys case, he has some sort of safety reason where nothing will probably happen legally. He'll just get looked down upon and fired probably.

Actually, he did get fired, and the company issued a statement saying they have zero tolerance for religious or racial profiling, thus admitting the reason behind his refusal for service.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

Frankly, I think having to cover oneself up is lame, also, but it's certainly her right, and if we start refusing service to people just because of their religious clothing, it seems to be opening up quite a Pandora's box of future problems.

Don't we not allow the right of Mormon men to be polytheistic?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

You mean be polygamists?

Yeah, but in some of those very remote communities, even the cops and judges are all mormon and the whole system turns against outsiders.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

Actually, he did get fired, and the company issued a statement saying they have zero tolerance for religious or racial profiling, thus admitting the reason behind his refusal for service.

I bet only because this thing made headlines. If there was nothing "public" about it, I doubt he'd get fired.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
You're the one getting worked up about this. I am interested; you're just selectively reading far too much. As I said, what he did was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Wearing a burqa is equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
I think you mean polygamistic. But yes it is illegal
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, sorry. I meant polygamists. Just woke up a few minutes ago.

Woops!

And yeah, that's still illegal.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and that's the company saying he was bigoted, not him.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:41:47
Link | Citer | R

I bet only because this thing made headlines. If there was nothing "public" about it, I doubt he'd get fired.

I agree with this. I believe their statement and his firing was a CYA in case of a future lawsuit. I rather doubt they actually give a damn, lol...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Pretty sure, but there has to be a reason for it that's not "I refuse you service because you're black." In this guys case, he has some sort of safety reason where nothing will probably happen legally. He'll just get looked down upon and fired probably.
You really don't understand how the real world works do you?

This got publicity so the company just did whatever it could to make it look like it was just him. They only stated what they thought his reasons were. In fact in all reality it isn't even that. They stated what the public wants to hear the reasons are
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Oh, and that's the company saying he was bigoted, not him.

Yep. And he works for the company, so they have a right to make that statement.

If you know of any other reason why a Muslim woman would be called a "security risk" other than her obvious religious garb or her race, I would honestly be interested in hearing it, because it escapes me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 20:44:11
Link | Citer | R

remember this lolol

[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19