Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman
Mattress Firm Refuses To Sell To Muslim Woman
First Page 2 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 19:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Read the article here.

Quote:
She said the store manager approached, but oddly didn't want to help. He told the family that he wouldn't sell them a mattress for security reasons, she said.

Yes, because a woman wearing an obvious Islamic veil accompanied by her family is just as suspicious as a man walking in with a ski mask and an AK-47, and don't forget, Muslim woman are notorious for turning mattresses into bombs... *Facepalm*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-16 19:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Good man.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-16 19:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Good man.

This.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2011-04-16 19:52:36
Link | Citer | R

lol . maybe he dont have anything to do

he is no longer work there , NICEEEE
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-16 19:57:53
Link | Citer | R

Its called being American!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 19:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:

Yes, because a woman wearing an obvious Islamic veil accompanied by her family is just as suspicious as a man walking in with a ski mask and an AK-47, and don't forget, Muslim woman are notorious for turning mattresses into bombs... *Facepalm*

I can talk sensationally too.

"Yes, because letting a woman wear an obvious sign of oppression is just as okay as screaming to hang the black man; and don't forget, we're all equal, but some of us are more equal than others and we need to let them do stupid things."

I'm against what he did.

I'm also highly against women wearing a burqa. ***is *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:04:09
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't matter if it is a "sign of oppression"...this is the so-called Land of the Free, and if that woman wants to wear religious clothing, where is it written in the Constitution that some paranoid store manager has the right to call her a "security" risk and refuse to sell her a mattress? I must have missed that part, could you point it out to me?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
It doesn't matter if it is a "sign of oppression"...this is the so-called Land of the Free, and if that woman wants to wear religious clothing, where is it written in the Constitution that some paranoid store manager has the right to call her a "security" risk and refuse to sell her a mattress? I must have missed that part, could you point it out to me?

It's not. That's why I said I'm against what he did.

Don't selectively read what I said when I say right below what you want to pick at that he was wrong, too.

People can call it a religious freedom all the want; it's still just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as not vaccinating your child.

Edit: I'm also going to not point out the part where we persecute plenty of religions. Why is it allowed for the public to hate satanists? Why can pagans not do pagan sacrifices?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Maybe if she showed a little leg
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:09:07
Link | Citer | R

LOL...not vaccinating a child and jeopardizing their health is hardly the equivalent of choosing to wear a piece of clothing, but, it's certainly your right to think so.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 20:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Pretty sure any store manager has the right to refuse service
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe if she showed a little leg

LOL!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-16 20:11:19
Link | Citer | R

wow, did you read the part about the law passed in france? thats insane
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-16 20:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Shouldn't it be his constitutional right to not help her?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-04-16 20:11:46
Link | Citer | R

He didnt sell it to her cause burqas are ugly as ***
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Pretty sure any store manager has the right to refuse service

Yes, but only for a legitimate reason. There are laws against discrimination based solely on religion, gender, race, and so forth. If his refusal to sell her a mattress was because of her religion, which was made fairly obvious by her clothing, then what he did was against the law, and rightfully so.

I'm an atheist, but I have no right to refuse service to someone JUST because they are wearing a cross around their neck.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-16 20:12:19
Link | Citer | R

I would sell . Want that commission,lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

Shush, you! Don't point out the same argument for the unpopular side! DON'T DO IT!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-16 20:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

Shush, you! Don't point out the same argument for the unpopular side! DON'T DO IT!
Just being logical :(
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

Nope. If his refusal to sell to her was based on her religion, and it obviously was, then he broke the law.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-16 20:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Where did it say that? Assumptions are not very good.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

If you have another reason why a woman accompanied by her husband and three children, but whose face was covered due to her obviously Muslim garb, was called a "security risk", I would genuinely be interested to hear it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

If you have another reason why a woman accompanied by her husband and three children, but whose face was covered due to her obviously Muslim garb, was called a "security risk", I would genuinely be interested to hear it.

Sure.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

Sure.

Irrelevant. There are Christian extremists packing guns, also, but I don't have the right to refuse service to them based solely on their "I love Jesus" T-shirt.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 20:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Who gives a ***
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

Sure.

Irrelevant. There are Christian extremists packing guns, also, but I don't have the right to refuse service to them based solely on their "I love Jesus" T-shirt.

So did you flip a similar ***when the Westboro Baptist Church's tires got slashed and a whole town refused to do anything for them?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-04-16 20:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

Sure.
lol
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-04-16 20:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Obviously you do, or you wouldn't even have clicked on the thread. And thanks for bumping it, by the way. 8)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 20:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Also, your smugness is annoying.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-16 20:26:29
Link | Citer | R

I guess those "No shirt, no shoes, no service" signs are against the law too.

"It's the way someone wants to dress! They have a right to buy things!"
[+]
First Page 2 ... 17 18 19