Azure Lore -- A Guide To AoE Burning On Blue Mage

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
Azure Lore -- A Guide to AoE Burning on Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Asura.Vinedrius
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-09 02:27:48
Link | Citer | R

I got 24~ macc each on hagondes +1 legs and feet with only a few +1 stones... wish they were mab instead >.<

That said, I am leaning more towards manabyss pigaches, vanir coterhardie and nilas gloves (no one does shiva lately for some reason... /sigh) instead of burning stones on hagondes. 119 AF head can also be used, but it only has 5 more mab than base hagondes +1 and it may not be as hard to augment it to a higher amount of mab (18 vs 13). Same thing can be said about vanir cotehardie and hagondes body +1, although the gap is slightly bigger (18 vs 10). Legs still don't have any good alternative though, even not augmented.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Nazrious 2015-01-22 13:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
I got 24~ macc each on hagondes +1 legs and feet with only a few +1 stones... wish they were mab instead >.<

That said, I am leaning more towards manabyss pigaches, vanir coterhardie and nilas gloves (no one does shiva lately for some reason... /sigh) instead of burning stones on hagondes. 119 AF head can also be used, but it only has 5 more mab than base hagondes +1 and it may not be as hard to augment it to a higher amount of mab (18 vs 13). Same thing can be said about vanir cotehardie and hagondes body +1, although the gap is slightly bigger (18 vs 10). Legs still don't have any good alternative though, even not augmented.

Macc has its useses/purpose so don't be too down. sudden lunge for example.

Edit :hmm really clicked in on wrong thread.... my bad
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [929 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
Serveur: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-08-08 17:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Should be using 2 clubs. Try Homestead Wands if you cant get delve clubs. Each Hagondes piece can get upwards of +30 MAB IN ADDITION to the MAB already present on them, so do try to get that because it makes a monumental difference. Subduction should be doing close to 3-4k with the right gear and traits.

Use CW with Burst Affinity also.

My Subduction set isn't perfect but I use:

<ammo>Dosis Tathlum</ammo>
<body>Hagondes Coat +1</body>
<hands>Hagondes Cuffs +1</hands>
<feet>Weath. Souliers +1</feet>
<rear>Friomisi Earring</rear>
<legs>Hagondes Pants +1</legs>
<waist>Yamabuki-no-obi</waist>
<back>Cornflower Cape</back>
<head>Hagondes Hat +1</head>
<neck>Eddy Necklace</neck>
<lear>Crematio Earring</lear>
<lring>Acumen Ring</lring>
<rring>Strendu Ring</rring>

I use 2x Gabaxorea clubs too.

Is nibiru cudgel x2 and jhariki nq set feasible to AOE for JP's?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-08 17:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Should be using 2 clubs. Try Homestead Wands if you cant get delve clubs. Each Hagondes piece can get upwards of +30 MAB IN ADDITION to the MAB already present on them, so do try to get that because it makes a monumental difference. Subduction should be doing close to 3-4k with the right gear and traits.

Use CW with Burst Affinity also.

My Subduction set isn't perfect but I use:

<ammo>Dosis Tathlum</ammo>
<body>Hagondes Coat +1</body>
<hands>Hagondes Cuffs +1</hands>
<feet>Weath. Souliers +1</feet>
<rear>Friomisi Earring</rear>
<legs>Hagondes Pants +1</legs>
<waist>Yamabuki-no-obi</waist>
<back>Cornflower Cape</back>
<head>Hagondes Hat +1</head>
<neck>Eddy Necklace</neck>
<lear>Crematio Earring</lear>
<lring>Acumen Ring</lring>
<rring>Strendu Ring</rring>

I use 2x Gabaxorea clubs too.

Is nibiru cudgel x2 and jhariki nq set feasible to AOE for JP's?

ItemSet 351745
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 17:32:01
Link | Citer | R

I mean I doubt he has amalric+1, just sayin.

Yes, Jhakri even NQ is good for it, but the recast will really hurt if you don't kill them in one shot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-08-08 20:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean I doubt he has amalric+1, just sayin.

Yes, Jhakri even NQ is good for it, but the recast will really hurt if you don't kill them in one shot.

Thank you. I can try to get some almaric pieces if they help a lot but gonna be nq. Are they a significant improvement over jhakri nq? Is the haste on the equipment what's hurting the recast? Thank you.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 20:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah there is very little haste on jhakri, it really kills the recasts.

My alts that use full jhakri+1/2 for anvil entomb etc have ~20 second recasts.

It really matters the context in which you're aoeing. If someone else is pulling a reisen party for example, the recast is a moot point.

If you're soloing your own pulls, recast can become an issue.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-08-08 20:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Thank you. I can try to get some almaric pieces if they help a lot but gonna be nq. Are they a significant improvement over jhakri nq? Is the haste on the equipment what's hurting the recast? Thank you.

Almaric depends, since the head (in particular) isn't really great for nuking to start with.
In general, NQ to NQ favors Almaric though. Jhakri +1 gets pretty similar, and +2 pulls ahead with regard to offensive stats.

The consideration with Jhakri relative to other options is more about what it doesn't have. As mentioned, it's very light on Haste. You may also note that it lacks HP/MP entirely, and otherwise features low defensive stats across the board. It's glass cannon gear, which isn't really ideal for AoE since you're going to take some hits.

It's certainly usable, but you do want to be mindful of the downsides.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2017-11-07 08:41:59
Link | Citer | R

So returning player on new account here. Never played blu before.
Wife has Blu that I want to use to burn my new character some levels in escha

Q1:
What is a good spellset for this? (she has all except the ones from WKR)

Q2:
What is the prefer nuking spell?

Q3: which boost spells should I be using besides memento mori?

Q4: If I hit up chain affininty and burst affinty at the same time and then do nuke then whirl of rages.
Will the affinity go to the right spells or bot get lost on the first spell?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-11-07 10:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

This thread is pretty outdated. Someone else just asked about BLU cleaving and started a new thread here with some advice.

If you're in Escha-Zitah, I'd advise cleaving the puks/dragons at warp 2. The dragons can be aspired with Magic Hammer in case you don't have a lot of refresh vorseals and need the mp, plus it's an easy area to pull with lots of aggroing/linking mobs. Also, you can /RDM for convert and aquaveil, though I would advise using the aquaveil effect from Carcharian Verve since it lasts a lot longer and can absorb more hits before wearing. The type of vorseals you've unlocked is going to determine how lenient you can be with things like gear and setting spell traits. I personally hate having to reset my BLU spells, so I don't really adjust them out of my dd set for cleaving, except to make sure I have Spectral Flow, Entomb, and Magic Hammer in there. Other people prefer Tenebral Crush, with maybe Subduction, Water Bomb, or Whirl of Rage to finish mobs off in case there are any survivors. You can also use the Star Sibyl trust to give you a little more magical attack power.

<<What is the prefer nuking spell?>> I like to petrify with Entomb, which gives me plenty of time afterwards to heal, use a Trizek ring, or whatever I need, before finishing them off with Spectral Flow. In case anything is still alive, Flow will also keep them terrored for a second or two. I'd say this is the safest way, but some people can actually one-shot mobs with Tenebral Crush.

<<If I hit up chain affininty and burst affinty at the same time and then do nuke then whirl of rages. Will the affinity go to the right spells or bot get lost on the first spell?>> You shouldn't be engaging anything when you pull, so CA is kind of useless, and BA won't work unless you make a SC to burst to. BLU cleaving isn't about bursting, it's about using cheesy spells to incapacitate mobs while you do massive aoe damage. The typical scenario is this: You run and aggro everything you can safely pull (movement gear helps, and maybe some pdt gear, or use Cocoon or Occultation), you stop when you have enough mobs, you cast Entomb (assuming the aquaveil effect is still up and you don't get interrupted), you recover if needed, then you cast Spectral Flow and watch them all die. If any are still alive, you can always dd them so your healer trust wakes up and does something. Or if you use Qultada, make sure you have exp or cp rings active so he eventually uses Corsair's roll, then dismiss him before you lose the ring effect and he replaces it with Fighter's Roll.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-07 10:50:28
Link | Citer | R

CA and BA, in this context, are for the damage increases. They do get consumed for applicable spells.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-07 10:56:44
Link | Citer | R

Burst Affinity will Enhance the spell damage, provided you use the 2 blu pieces that enhance it. Can so a % based amount of extra damage, but only 1 magic element spell. So as said Above, Entomb is my go to spell blu/rdm with standard Aqua. Finish with any of the above mentioned as long as the spell damage is good. Also set spells for MAB, If you are doing only around 30% damage to the mobs, you need to either get better gear, or use more spells for next tier. So process to start out would be Buff, set in -dt/-pdt set, agro enough mobs for your comfort level, Entomb group, If needed buff/cure etc, BA+ AOE Magic spell. Should be done by then, if not Dream flower and follow up with next spell. If you get 10 mobs or less should be 1 shotting them, easy to manage that many.
Also, since new character do not forget to set RoE for those 2 mobs in escha or 3 including Mosquito, you get bead and silt pouches and exp from each 10 of each type you get kill credit for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-11-07 11:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Q1:
What is a good spellset for this? (she has all except the ones from WKR)

The set given in the guide is decent, but I would suggest taking a look at Spicyryan's BLU guide on BG Wiki - spell set section is here but he's got other strategies and suggestions in there too.

Quote:
Q2:
What is the prefer nuking spell?

While not necessarily you primary nuking spell, Subduction is important - casts fast, low recast, low MP cost, potent gravity additional effect...needless to say, you will use this often, whether to help kite, to finishing things off, or when fighting stuff with lower HP in general.

For your bigger damage though, it'll be the hybrid elemental spells. Just in general, they all set a trait/trait tier by themselves, do an additional effect, and have a modifier based on their respective element - IE, Searing Tempest is fire based and has a STR mod. That's on top of the normal magic damage INT scaling stuff, so more or less you still just gear in INT/MAB anyway.
In turn, the MVP tends to be Spectral Floe - it sets a tier of MAB, it inflicts terror, and it gets even more damage from the INT you're already gearing towards.

Second to that (if even needed) can depend on targets or strategy. Tenebral Crush is usually a good second since it also gets some bonus damage from INT (and from Darkness specific stuff like Pixie Hairpin +1), and gives MACC. However, you might do better with another spell or two that helps reduce damage (stun/petrify/flash), or that hits elemental weaknesses.

Since they're all 8 point spells, it's not hard to swap one or two out from a more general nuking spell set.

Quote:
Q3: which boost spells should I be using besides memento mori?

More a matter of defensive boosts. Keep Occultation up, Aquaveil (preferably via Carcharian Verve), Erratic Flutter, etc.

Quote:
Q4: If I hit up chain affininty and burst affinty at the same time and then do nuke then whirl of rages.
Will the affinity go to the right spells or bot get lost on the first spell?

As mentioned, you can use both since they'll only take effect on applicable spells. BA for magic and CA for physical.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-11-07 11:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Vashkoda said: »

This thread is pretty outdated. Someone else just asked about BLU cleaving and started a new thread here with some advice.

If you're in Escha-Zitah, I'd advise cleaving the puks/dragons at warp 2. The dragons can be aspired with Magic Hammer in case you don't have a lot of refresh vorseals and need the mp, plus it's an easy area to pull with lots of aggroing/linking mobs. Also, you can /RDM for convert and aquaveil, though I would advise using the aquaveil effect from Carcharian Verve since it lasts a lot longer and can absorb more hits before wearing. The type of vorseals you've unlocked is going to determine how lenient you can be with things like gear and setting spell traits. I personally hate having to reset my BLU spells, so I don't really adjust them out of my dd set for cleaving, except to make sure I have Spectral Flow, Entomb, and Magic Hammer in there. Other people prefer Tenebral Crush, with maybe Subduction, Water Bomb, or Whirl of Rage to finish mobs off in case there are any survivors. You can also use the Star Sibyl trust to give you a little more magical attack power.

<<What is the prefer nuking spell?>> I like to petrify with Entomb, which gives me plenty of time afterwards to heal, use a Trizek ring, or whatever I need, before finishing them off with Spectral Flow. In case anything is still alive, Flow will also keep them terrored for a second or two. I'd say this is the safest way, but some people can actually one-shot mobs with Tenebral Crush.

<<If I hit up chain affininty and burst affinty at the same time and then do nuke then whirl of rages. Will the affinity go to the right spells or bot get lost on the first spell?>> You shouldn't be engaging anything when you pull, so CA is kind of useless, and BA won't work unless you make a SC to burst to. BLU cleaving isn't about bursting, it's about using cheesy spells to incapacitate mobs while you do massive aoe damage. The typical scenario is this: You run and aggro everything you can safely pull (movement gear helps, and maybe some pdt gear, or use Cocoon or Occultation), you stop when you have enough mobs, you cast Entomb (assuming the aquaveil effect is still up and you don't get interrupted), you recover if needed, then you cast Spectral Flow and watch them all die. If any are still alive, you can always dd them so your healer trust wakes up and does something. Or if you use Qultada, make sure you have exp or cp rings active so he eventually uses Corsair's roll, then dismiss him before you lose the ring effect and he replaces it with Fighter's Roll.
just a side note BA will boost your spells alot when you have JP put into that category.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-07 11:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Q1:
Delta - Barb for DW
Erratic Flutter for Haste II and Fast Cast Trait
Barrier Tusk for DT II
Tenebral Crush (Bread and Butter Heavy Hitting)
Subduction (Bread and Butter)
Spectral Flow (Heavy Hitter)
Magic Fruit for if you start taking damage (you shouldn't need this but things happen)
I personally don't use battery charge because I found that it won't save you from losing MP and resting only takes a minute to full recover. And that's if you don't convert.

Lastly All the MAB trait Combos you can muster

With good gear, your subductions should hit around 7000 unresisted and your Spectral Flow/Tenebral Crushes closer to 20,000+ so you can literally walk up to 3 or 5 mobs and double-tap them with Subduction and kill them. Or do one big pull with Turtle Gear and Barrier Tusk and 1-shot the lot with Crush/Flow.

I personally don't bother with Memento for cleaving, not really necessary imo

Hope this helps and good hunting
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-07 11:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Burst Affinity will Enhance the spell damage, provided you use the 2 blu pieces that enhance it.

Damage will be increased regardless due to the effect on WSC. The AF1+3 legs shouldn't be used outside of MBing and the boots are pretty borderline at this point, depending on your alternative piece.
By DaneBlood 2017-11-12 23:24:03
Link | Citer | R

TY for the direction to spicyrans guide.

After adjusting spell sets for the newer and updated spells. its really helped on the blu burning..
Gear still not good enough to one ***them. But entomb -> spectral floe did the deal.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
By DaneBlood 2018-03-07 19:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Its me again

its seems like dragon/puks is very popular in escha for burning.

is there some other areas that can come close to this as the competition sometimes gets a bit tirring
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-03-07 19:42:47
Link | Citer | R

More spread out Puks in Grauberg?
By tyalangan 2018-03-07 20:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Sharks in RuAun
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-03-08 01:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Bees and Beetles in Reisenjima.
By Boshi 2018-03-08 09:10:15
Link | Citer | R

at #5 in E-Zitah you can like run a loop in the circle between #5 and #6.

It's all bugards & efts. You need to get hate on an eft and the others will link, the bugards aggro.
By tyalangan 2018-03-08 11:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »

It's all bugards & efts. You need to get hate on an eft and the others will link, the bugards aggro.

I use to aoe this one but it's such a big loop that I lose half the mobs if I don't run 5 steps, walk 3, run 5, etc. Even then I would lose mobs. It just became a nuisance.
By DaneBlood 2018-03-08 13:03:23
Link | Citer | R

I tried the buggarda and efts but was not as nice as puks/dragons. still viable though.

ive noticed dragons tend to get stuck on 3 small hills in the are and then de spawn if yuo are not close by.

maybe i need to check for the same dath spots with buggards and efts
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-03-09 10:39:23
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Boshi said: »

I use to aoe this one but it's such a big loop that I lose half the mobs if I don't run 5 steps, walk 3, run 5, etc. Even then I would lose mobs. It just became a nuisance.

Just walk 15 steps and kill them, walk 15 steps and kill. Easy unlimited chain as long as no competition. No need to round up 30 mobs before you kill.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [515 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Vikter
Serveur: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-08-06 18:11:15
Link | Citer | R

My macro pallets goes dream flower, magic hammer,subduction, spectral floe, tenebral crush, entomb, cure spell (usually restoral or magic fruit), battery charge and burst affinity top row. I’ll swap out subduction sometimes for another high tier spell like fulgor, anvil lighting or searing tempest. Spectral floe or crush usually one shots everything with almaric +1 body, hands, feet, and legs. I use the jhakri +2 head piece instead of the almaric coif. I also max out the magic attack bonus for job traits and I’m gonna try to make a set that maxes out fast cast too with rdm sub. Maxentius and culminas for nukes, mafic cudgel and genmei shield for kiting/gathering.

Second row is all buffs starting with erratic flutter, occulation, a stoneskin spell (diamondhide or metallic body),plasma charge, cocoon, barrier tusk and diffusion plus verve. Works great for me solo or helping people get some quick levels and/or merits. Can pull as much as I want but doing 10-15 at a time is the way to go as long has floe or crush is always ready to go and buffs stay on.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [891 days between previous and next post]
By Lederic 2022-01-13 16:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Is RDM still the best solo subjub?

Also does anyone have a solo spell set list?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10