Your in-game name
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-04-11 15:52:00
Link | Citer | R

My favorite flower was a toss-up between lilies and lilacs. I thought Lilac would be kind of an awkward name, so I tried Lily. It was taken. So I started trying variations of Lily, like Lillie, Lilie, Lilly, and when none of them worked I started trying variations of Lila (which is Lilac without the C, of course.) I ended up with Liela. I guess it could be a cross between Lily and Lilac.

My nickname is {Lie}, and some people call me lay-la instead of lie-la. A pair of my closest friends were calling me Lee-la. Those silly kids!

I named my two mules after flowers, too, with intentional slight variations. Amarantha is a variant of amaranth, and Magnoliia is a variant of magnolia.
 Ifrit.Knocker
Serveur: Ifrit
user: knocker
By Ifrit.Knocker 2011-04-11 15:53:46
Link | Citer | R

A really good book about runaway kids that join gangs and don't grow up called "The Borribles". They have to earn a name from an adventure or another significant act. A main character was Knocker. It's meant as a verb, i.e.; to knock over a liquor store, to knock someone down, sooooo many times I've had to correct someone and explain it's not meant as a breast reference.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-04-11 15:53:55
Link | Citer | R

My forums nickname used to be Sehaliah, which is based on angelology and it's supposed to be my guardian angel(I don't believe in this stuff, I just found it cool). People used to shorten it as Seha and since then I'm always been Seha for everyone. -chan is just a japanese suffix for girls and child among friends and/or family. Thus Sehachan.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-11 15:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Josseppi said:
My real name is Joe, my italian grandmother used to call me Josepi when I was a kid. Josseppi was the first variation of the name that was available.
Giuseppe is prolly what your grandma was calling you ;p but does sounds the same.Saying caus my BF is italian and is "english name" is Joe, his mom call him giuseppe all the time.
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-11 15:56:20
Link | Citer | R

I was matzilla first cause my names mat and I'm the ***, and then when I made a new char I let my friend pick and she's obsessed with food so now I'm fondue :D

Fondue the fondler
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-11 15:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Pfft, well, back in '04 when I made my Taru, I had a character I devised (Yo, back when roleplay was cool!), and I figured it'd make a good enough name. The character was a YOUNG LAD who lacked in the build and size department but wanted to be a cham-peen fighter. Perfect for the melee-heavy Taru that I've become (...Had to count it out. 9 jobs at 90: 5 melee, 4 mage--I'm melee-heavy.). Alas... Kero was taken (by people who had already retired the character or used it as a mule or something). And being the weeaboo *** I was at the time, I was, like, "Gee, sure. Why not. Slap a Japanese honorific on there. Better than xXKeroXx, right?" Ugh. I'm man enough to admit I was a little too infatuated with Japanese entertainment at the time. However, when a good friend of mine made his Taru, he named him Kojikun. So it's difficult to change name--even though I've switched servers once--because of this... BOND OF FRIENDSHIP. >:x *TARU-BROFIST*

However, I've since banished the weeaboo that once was... Gawd, that was... '07-'08, when I got out of high school. I settled down, and recently really became engrossed with the Japanese culture and language for reasons other than the Japanese entertainment that has become common here in America.

So, now that I know that the Japanese have a strong sense of identity, the irony of running around with an honorific on my name that's technically incorrect to put on one's own name makes me feel uncomfortable when I try to use my 10 months of Japanese language study to communicate with foreign players. Yet, it's been that way for so long; people know me as Kerokun; I've really just grown accustomed to it. Its origin doesn't bother me as much as it should, but eh. Some people will remember me as Kerokun from the countless hours at Western Altepa Desert keeping track of KV's ToD, and that's kind of how I'd like it to be; that helm was one of my greatest accomplishments--as Kerokun.

TL;DR: anthropomorphic character influence + former weeaboo influence = KEROKUN. Interactions with JP players is hurr.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-11 16:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fondue said:
I was matzilla first cause my names mat and I'm the ***, and then when I made a new char I let my friend pick and she's obsessed with food so now I'm fondue :D

Fondue the fondler
Fondue the mule.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-11 16:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Being lazy and reposting my post from the first thread.

Hades.Stefanos said:
Mine's not too original. Mine is just the Greek version of my actual name, so booya to Stefanos being born.

Snoochyboochies, my cooking mule though, well that should be easy enough to figure out. Anyone who's seen any Jay and Silent Bob movies knows Snootchie Bootchies was one of Jay's phrases. I had to alter the spelling to get it to fit.
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-11 16:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Grats on your ugly harp doggy, YOU MADE IT TO THE HOME STRETCH LOL
 Unicorn.Halciform
Serveur: Unicorn
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2011-04-11 16:10:20
Link | Citer | R

The first character i made was a name-generator character. There I was, being the insanely shy/nervous person I was on a random server (it was like 4 am before the install finally finished and I couldn't get my friend to get me a world pass until she woke up) so I just decided to make a random character and check it out. In the brief like 20 minutes I was logged on (literally hiding behind some boxes in San d'oria at one point) I know I saw at least 4 sephiroths , a kefka and several other big bad anime/game villain names.

the next day came and with a bemused laugh I decided I'd do the same but choose an exceedingly forgettable character. Since I always, always always choose male characters I went with a male elf and chose the name Halcifrom from the anime series "Slayers" on a random whim when thinking of obscure villains to use. :U

to this day I still remember how excited I got every time i got a tell asking me if the name was from Slayers. It's one of my favorite shows ever and I thought everyone had forgotten about it since those new hip youngin' shows came out.

I never really understood why people in-game would shorten the name to Halc, though... Hal not only flows better but is actually more common... :U
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-11 16:10:39
Link | Citer | R

I just made mine up for WAR. Now I play mostly WHM I have got some pretty interesting comments, lol.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-11 16:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Stefanos said:
Being lazy and reposting my post from the first thread.

Hades.Stefanos said:
Mine's not too original. Mine is just the Greek version of my actual name, so booya to Stefanos being born.

Snoochyboochies, my cooking mule though, well that should be easy enough to figure out. Anyone who's seen any Jay and Silent Bob movies knows Snootchie Bootchies was one of Jay's phrases. I had to alter the spelling to get it to fit.

Quote:
...the meaning of Stefanos is "garland".

Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-11 16:24:42
Link | Citer | R

Mines no surprise.
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-11 16:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Soluna
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2011-04-11 16:31:35
Link | Citer | R

In the game Golden Sun, the Sun itself was called Sol, and the Moon was called Luna.
 Bahamut.Tejas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2011-04-11 16:38:07
Link | Citer | R

Tool...***, taken. Sony Swami...really?! Taken. Ah screw this ill put the name of where I work, Tejas, not like I'm gonna keep it or play this game for long......5 years later.....are you from Texas? No. Are you Spanish? No. Do you know that means Texas? STFU! /endrant. :)
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-04-11 16:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Just a random name that popped into my head when I created the character. I found out a while back in a previous thread that my character name is also the name of a fishing port somewhere in Spain..
 Siren.Shihan
Serveur: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-04-11 16:44:43
Link | Citer | R

read it in a book. 5 rings by musashi. has a cool translation that I dont qualify for lol.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-04-11 16:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-04-11 16:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik was actually the name of a secondary main-plot character I wrote back as a content developer for Ultima Online.

We had a system whereby a certain kind of non-customer service GM (called an Interest GM) would develop and play certain NPC's strictly in-character, wandering around in the world to hand out quests and one-time events. Imagine if a FFXI GM walked around as Wolfgang or Shantotto and sent players out on ad-hoc quests where they created one-off dungeons, spawned monsters, played secondary characters, and handed out unique loot.

He was the captain of Blackthorn's guard, a member of the Chaos faction, that grew up in Buccaneer's Den (think Norg) and came to the city of Britain (think Jeuno) as a young adult.

While he had GM-level stats that made him attack faster and harder than any player character, he was bitten by a highly venomous Silver Serpent while on an expedition for Blackthorn, causing serious internal injuries. This meant he could only fight for about 20-30 seconds at a time before collapsing from complete respiratory failure, and had to rely on players for most of the serious fights and legwork.

He was only supposed to be a secondary character (like Wolfgang), but became so popular among the player base that Electronic Arts ended up keeping him in-game after I left the position. And the name, while originally out of an EA-supplied random name generator, stuck with me because I became rather attached to playing the character.

Amusingly, once I went to work for another MMO, I used Jaerik as my GM/developer handle and was cease-and-desisted by EA for work product violations. Oops.

I don't have anything but a crappy light concept sketch I made for him back for reference for the art team to design an outfit for (12 years ago when my art skills sucked ***.) But he wore a dark charcoal black set of dragonscale+chain armor, forest green cloak and sash, and dark brown leather boots and gloves, a burnished gold cloak clasp and shield in the shape of the Chaos crest, and a matching hand-and-a-half/*** sword.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-04-11 17:00:06
Link | Citer | R

I was drunk... like most my days back then, After trying all my favorite FF names, I said *** it, I would name myself Dismal.... Well alcohol and .. well just massive amounts of it, the name Dizzmal looked correct.. The next day I seen what I did and went to delete it. But the Name Dizzmal looked better than Dismal.. so ya I kept it.
 Hades.Amarys
user: Amarys
By Hades.Amarys 2011-04-11 17:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Hubby came up with mine. It's a portmanteau of ours names. Amanda and Morris. The Y makes it fancible.
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
Serveur: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2011-04-11 17:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Well Optimus alwasy been my fav autobot so i just used a lil variation of his name for me XD. And its fun when ppl see im a taru their like your prime! i just tell them more then meets the eyes lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-04-11 17:04:18
Link | Citer | R

That's a hell of a backstory Jaerik!
 Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru 2011-04-11 17:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Back in my original Garuda days I was named Minimaru, a name I came up with partially because I picked the smallest size for my taru, hence 'mini' and irl my Japanese friend and I had a habit of adding -maru to things, thus Minimaru was born.

When I had to server change and my name was taken, Bossmaru was a name I had thought of randomly some time earlier for a mule of mine, thought it sounded cool while also being a slight reference to 'The Boss' of MGS (in my head anyway) so I changed Minimaru to Bossmaru and have stuck with it since. I enjoy being called 'Boss' now but sometimes I miss being Mini D=
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-11 17:14:01
Link | Citer | R

I made mine up way back when I named all my RPG characters in games. From Breath of Fire 2 and onwards. Vyre was dropping into everything. Sometimes I used this dumber longer variation, Vyrerus. Then I watched with great dismay as Disgaea made that silly goofball, The Dark Adonis. Vyers. Some ***like that. Though I did think he was hilarious, and the fact that he was really BLANK's Dad. Yeah, totally that guy from FF9's Dad. Totally.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-04-11 17:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Midboss was the best char lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Kajii
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-04-11 17:22:13
Link | Citer | R

pimp
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-04-11 17:27:08
Link | Citer | R

krazy92rs was old xbox gamertag/aol im/yahoo im etc etc etc
ffxi doesnt let u use numbers, even tho i tried when making my account so long ago

so thus krazyrs was born.. then i get in vent years later and ppl are pronouncing it krazy-arse

made me lol since i love to tank, pld pre abyssea and now mnk XD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deathsightt
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Deathsightt 2011-04-11 17:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Deathsightt - When I was a little kid, Gundam was cool.. I think there was a Death Scythe? Or something of that sorts.. Being tired when I actually finished the update on my ps2 wayyy back when.. I typed Deathsight. I deleted the character and moved to my stepdads server and just automatically typed DeathsighTT because I figured it would say Deathsight would be taken from my previous character.

Eriomm(Old Mule)- It was my uncles birthday and his birthday card was written in a fancy scribble.. the card was upside down and it seemed to spell out "Eriom"~ I tossed on the extra M to match DeathsighTT

Orimm(Stepfather/Mule)- Miro was my grandfathers middle name. I liked "Orim" for a final fantasy name and added on the M to keep it like the others.

Supersizeme(Fathers Character)- It's a taru and the movie had just came out.

yarr.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8