Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Blm gear outside Abyssea
Blm gear outside Abyssea
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-12 00:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Well a surefire way that i use, your convert set whether it zenith or w/e. Use that, switch back into nuking gear. Then just hit "Y" or "+" twice, go up and deactivate the HP Boost buff, it reactivates itself after about a second but you still drop the HP.

Sometimes it's just enough to drop the buff and not even use convert set.

Personally i like to keep my HP yellow just so i know, as not many people are 100% on whether the buff counts or not.

Works for me ^^)
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-12 01:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Like I said:

Idle Hp outside: 972
Nuking HP is is 975
HP down set leaves me at: 725

In abyssea with hp buffs: 1755 HP
HP down set: 1305
HP to activate sorc: 1316

The exact same gear, same sc xml, everything, drops my hp by 250 outside, and 450 inside. Both leave me in yellow, and at 74% WITHOUT cancelling hp buff. It is scaling the HP bonus based on your base hp. Those inside numbers are in abyssea Konschtat, so no dominion/etc buffs.

The cruor buff is applied LAST, so if your base HP is 75%, your cruor HP is 75%.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-04-12 02:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Salmijr said:
The cruor buff is applied LAST, so if your base HP is 75%, your cruor HP is 75%.
This makes more sense than a lot of other posts I've read, and solves my problem. My assumption was any piece of gear that swaps out 50 HP for MP would be taking 50 HP off your fully buffed total, and giving 50 MP to your fully buffed MP total. I'm over here trying to do the math in my head going "how the hell do you swap out 700+ HP without getting your face punched in..."

Thanks
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 02:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Ok just tested it. Including merits I have base 975 hp blm/rdm

I proc at between 740-745

In mis right now my base hp is 1755. I still proc at between 740-745. Which means the cruor is counted at all for sorc ring. You need to be at the same actual hp as you would to activate outside. Not the same percentage not the same amount lower than your now max

Idk where you got your supposedly active info but I did multiple nukes ranging all the way down with only sorc ring on and sc off to make sure nothing interfered on the same mob. So maybe you need to stop spreading misinformation

As far as equip -hp then cancelling... it's kinda awkward for sc to do that
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 02:53:53
Link | Citer | R

As far as the part about cruor applying last is true.

Like equipping the -235 needed to proc outside dropped me 432. Ie 1.8 times as much which is how much hp was boosted.

So I should only need -564 instead of like 1k in gear to proc... at least in that zone. But this will vary by zone and abyssite of merits and dominion/bastion
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-12 06:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Yes, i'm sure >< . Ive gone over this countless times with many people and they just dont seem to wrap their head around the fact that the cruor buff doesnt affect it. I could post pics if necessary buy you should really just go out there and ceck if you dont believe me.
 Odin.Headstrong
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-12 14:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Salmijr said:
Yes, i'm sure >< . Ive gone over this countless times with many people and they just dont seem to wrap their head around the fact that the cruor buff doesnt affect it. I could post pics if necessary buy you should really just go out there and ceck if you dont believe me.
well i tested this when abyssea first came out and my ring didnt work <.<
dasva tested it yesterday and it didnt work for him either so it doesnt look like they changed anything >:
thanks das btw ^_^

according to wiki (yes i know lolwiki)

Quote:
Inside Abyssea latent effect is trigged before crour buffs. 1,000 max HP outside abyssea = 750 trigger HP inside abyssea. This can be achieved be equiping all HP- gear then removing the Crour max HP buff, the buff will come back and your current HP will trigger Sorcerer's Ring latent.

so i dont know.. i still question if you ever really tested nuking with/without the ring to see if its still working, or if you just look at your yellow hp/75% and assume it does @.@
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 16:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Salmijr said:
Yes the cruor buff doesn't effect it. At all. You have to have the same hp amount to proc wether or not you have cruor buff. From yesterday I can garuntee you aren't proccing with no 1300 or whatever hp you said you were
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-12 17:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Guess I'll fraps it and post it. ill post the link later.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 17:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Sure go ahead and frap. Wont change the fact that with 1700 hp I wasn't active at 745 hp and was active at 740 going up and down several times. The exact same amounts as it was for outside of abyssea

I suggest you rethink how you "test" it first
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-12 17:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Wow, I guess you are right. I must have had some kind of af3 Proc when I tested. I converted so that I would have less than the outside threshold and it did activate. That's what I get for only nuking once to see if the dmg increased. GDI.

Time to edit my sc then. Use normal HP down rules outside, and only equip sorc ring under threshold HP inside.

FWIW, Nukes without soc were 5571. Nukes with sorc active were 5776. Nuked 4 mobs each way this time to ignore af3 procs. Did have an af3 proc for 5837 with HP buff on, likely what threw me off the 1st time too.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 17:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that's why I did it naked. Elimates any other possibility include sc just being lame and not equipping right. I just don't get hp nuke most the time anymore. Interesting note without hp buff I lose 80% more emnity from dmg taken :)
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-12 17:47:55
Link | Citer | R

BTW, anyone else find it funny that we can one shot VTs? lol

Too bad you dont get lights if you one shot a mob, need to sleep/bind it first ; ;