Forum » FFXI » General » Funny things people do
Funny things people do
 Ramuh.Jadell
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-03-25 05:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Was in a level sync party on my WAR/nin. We were synced to 37.
melee in the party consisted of: war/nin(elvaan), thf/? (hume), drk/drg(galka)

there was a bard and scholar and rdm

drk/drg after we had been fighting stuff in east ron [S] suddenly blurts out:

DRK/DRG: If you don't start voking brd and i are going to leave.

ME: HUH?! (i had been voking but you know its that silly little timer that will only let me voke every so often or so.)

Me: What level does DRK get stun? (we all knew that answer)

Everyone except DRK and his BRD friend responds: Level 37

me: oh, well if you would stun it off me maybe I could get shadows and by that time I could voke it off you. hmmm

DRK/DRG: well stun + DRK = dead DRK galka

(lol i was laughing at this point) since i was only one that did die cuz mages were curing me and he refused to stun. Oh yea they were have to cure cure cure him cuz he just loved his soul eater ability. >.>

His BRD friend starts screaming at us that if we don't stop camping mob over on the mages then we are all going to get ballad cast on us. lol the only one standing with the brd and the mages with the Mob was her galka DRK/Drg. The thf and I were where we should be away from mages trying to keep mob with us despite the drk/drg.

He was asked to go change sub to /DNC and instead stood there arguing with us for sev more min.

DRK finally says to me "stop asking questions and go kill yourself". I was crying I was laughing so hard at this point.

Party leader says "I thought you were changing to /DNC" and booted him. BRD left then too thankfully. We reformed and had an awesome party.

Oh did I forget to mention he would not let THF sata him at all. He was afraid to die.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Serveur: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-03-25 07:31:58
Link | Citer | R

My dyna ls got like.. 14 Woots. So at the end we did our silent bid on them. I won 1 of them, so I traded our dyna leader. Got it. WHM75/SCH37, forgot any means of warp, most BLM's left. Didn't want to change to BLM myself. So I'll just teleport - holla and put on AH in Tav.

2 seconds left in the tele, I realize I'm standing right by our dyna leader, and that we're in the same party. "OSHI-!"

In La Theine Plateau.

<ls member> Where did our leader go..?!
<ls member> Aaralyn took him! Quick, hunt her down!
<Aaralyn> lol Sorry sorry..
<dyna leader> It's okay. I'll just warp back.

He equips warp cudgle.

Dyna leader: Sorry. lol If you need a D2 or retrace some time, let me know.
Dyna leader>> It's okay. Was actually pretty funny.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-25 09:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Etrayis said:
Here's a fun one. Had a PLD in a party last night. Each pull she would engage the mob and hit it while the mages cure bombed the puller. Then they would of course get hate and after a few hits the PLD would provoke. I asked her why she was waiting until half way through the fight to provoke and she responded "I'm keeping provoke ready in case a mage gets hate." I laughed but kindly explained how hate builds up and it is necessary to provoke off of the puller so that you can actually tank. For the rest of the party she would provoke once at the start of the fight then wait until a mage got hate long after a second provoke would be ready and say "See I told you that I need to keep provoke ready." This made me laugh so hard at what some people in this game are like.
Probably a WoW player. On Paladin in that you have taunts that increase your Threat, but they only work if the mob you target is on another player.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Serveur: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-03-25 10:24:12
Link | Citer | R

I had a funny. I am pretty well known by my friends to get them killed doing random crap. so we where on the way to do the "Brothers" ENM and low and behold there sits Jormy. lol I start seeing "Dizzmal don't think about it.." in party chat. lol by that time I have already Chi blasted it with only 4 ppl in party. lol good times..
 Bahamut.Farias
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Farias
By Bahamut.Farias 2009-03-25 10:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Was doing CoP 2-5 as an LS. Only 6 can fight the Mammets so I had to sit out the first round. The PT that went in wiped and I can't help but LOL when I get to watch the mass pop and die. What made it better though is one of our LS members that was also waiting for their turn proceeded to /dance4 motion on their corpses.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-25 10:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Farias said:
Was doing CoP 2-5 as an LS. Only 6 can fight the Mammets so I had to sit out the first round. The PT that went in wiped and I can't help but LOL when I get to watch the mass pop and die. What made it better though is one of our LS members that was also waiting for their turn proceeded to /dance4 motion on their corpses.

Ahhh... I love "mass pop and die".... we called it "butt secks" back in the day... Good times. Golden showers. :3 I miss my CoP set XD
 Bahamut.Farias
By Bahamut.Farias 2009-03-25 12:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:
Farias said:

Ahhh... I love "mass pop and die".... we called it "butt secks" back in the day... Good times. Golden showers. :3 I miss my CoP set XD

You've made something funny into something disturbing >.>
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 13:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:
Ahhh... I love "mass pop and die"

Me too, particularly the "uhh, ahh, uhh, uhh" sound everyone makes as they keel over. I SO need to sample that and work it into techno song lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 13:33:30
Link | Citer | R

lol thats's funny. reminds me how elvaans die dramatically.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 13:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
lol thats's funny. reminds me how elvaans die dramatically.

Ya, we make such a freaking production out of everything lol
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-03-25 14:26:37
Link | Citer | R

This is something I did.

I was on my WHM in dynamis ( always whm =(
we were doing buecedine and I was so tired after work, I started to nod off once in awhile. I play on PC but use a ps2 controller so I go into my magic list to click stoneskin and I was nodding off again and clicked teleport-Altepa.

Only one person nocticed in my party and ran away to not get teleported. lol

I was just glad I was not in the tank party (usually am).
 Bahamut.Farias
By Bahamut.Farias 2009-03-25 14:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Bruser said:
This is something I did.

I was on my WHM in dynamis ( always whm =(
we were doing buecedine and I was so tired after work, I started to nod off once in awhile. I play on PC but use a ps2 controller so I go into my magic list to click stoneskin and I was nodding off again and clicked teleport-Altepa.

Only one person nocticed in my party and ran away to not get teleported. lol

I was just glad I was not in the tank party (usually am).

lol. Used to have a taru WHM in our LS, not many liked him though but that's another story. Anyways, just finished LS event and got back to Jeuno. LS leader was in PT with the taru and accidently got teleport-Holla when he needed CS in Jeuno. We had a good laugh about it for a while.
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-25 14:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Ranger using lolstaff. Makes me want to cry.
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-25 14:50:56
Link | Citer | R

I was doing FoV in Buburimu Peninsula the other day and this Galka Monk had strange verses in a /say macro for all of his JA's. For example, for Boost, he would /say something like "I can feel the divine power rise within me, oh great one."

And the rarab continued attacking him.

It was entertaining and I was embarrassed for him. I sure hope he doesn't party with that...
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 15:28:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Revision said:

lolwut?
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-25 16:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Revision said:

lolwut?

Yea. If you use this instead of dual axe, your lowering your damage output. Yes, even with grip. Only excuse is if you can't afford Kriesbiel. Dual axe + yellow curry. Not Staff and suishi.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-25 16:46:08

Well, this is assuming you're going to be /nin 24/7. I for one enjoy doing /war. Besides the point of staff + grip is all about the STR bonus.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-25 17:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Mabrook said:
Revision said:
Artemicion said:
Revision said:

lolwut?

Yea. If you use this instead of dual axe, your lowering your damage output. Yes, even with grip. Only excuse is if you can't afford Kriesbiel. Dual axe + yellow curry. Not Staff and suishi.

Your forgetting /sam with Hasso + Meditate.

Sub WAR.
-Vulcan's Staff+Axe Grip (Dude, 8 STR and 10 R.Attack. That alone beats any possible bonus from axes)

-Attack bonus (Extra +10 R.Attack, meaning 8 STR and 20 R.Attack so far)

-considerable boost to STR

-Warcry (Again, a minor note, but a boost nonetheless)

-Berserk (Up for 60% of the time for a 25% boost while up, equating to about a 15% damage bonus over time).

Not to mention having a staff equipped makes all of your STR 1.5x as effective (1 STR is .75 R.Attack as opposed to the .5 R.Attack with Axes)

To make a long story short, RNG/NIN is gimp. End of story.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-25 17:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Mabrook said:
Revision said:
Artemicion said:
Revision said:

lolwut?

Sub WAR.
-Vulcan's Staff+Axe Grip (Dude, 8 STR and 10 R.Attack. That alone beats any possible bonus from axes)

-Berserk (Up for 60% of the time for a 25% boost while up, equating to about a 15% damage bonus over time).

Not to mention having a staff equipped makes all of your STR 1.5x as effective (1 STR is .75 R.Attack as opposed to the .5 R.Attack with Axes)

Where did you hear that 1str=.75 ratk?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-25 17:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Enternius said:
Mabrook said:
Revision said:
Artemicion said:
Revision said:

lolwut?

Sub WAR.

I didn't "hear" it. It's a fact.
 Garuda.Wuuuuudum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wuuuuudum 2009-03-25 17:24:45
Link | Citer | R

There's this one guy on Garuda that makes mules of his name by changing vowels, with hilarious effect!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-25 17:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Ludoggy said:
Enternius said:
Mabrook said:
Revision said:
Artemicion said:
Revision said:

lolwut?

Sub WAR.

I didn't "hear" it. It's a fact.

So this formula is wrong?
Ranged Attack = {( 8 + Combat Skill + STR/2 + (+attack from gear) + (+attack trait/ability/minuet)) * berserk effect (if available)} * (1+ percentage increase from food )
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-25 17:30:47
Link | Citer | R

I only use staff on rng if I am subbing sam. Hasso won't work without a two-handed weapon. But when I sub anything else, I always use Kreigsbiel in main hand, if i am subbing nin I will use Kreigs main and Fransisca off hand.

ninja edit: and while I like the + r.att from yellow curry, the + r.acc from squid sushi is better for me. I don't miss often, but when I do, it sucks.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-25 17:37:22
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Ranged Attack = {( 8 + Combat Skill + STR/2 + (+attack from gear) + (+attack trait/ability/minuet)) * berserk effect (if available)} * (1+ percentage increase from food )

You don't even have to look up a formula to be able to tell that Two-handed weapons improve Ranged Attacks. Equipping an Earth Staff and using a ranged attack will always do more damage than with no weapon equipped, even though Earth Staff doesn't add any real damage.
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-03-25 17:52:16

The other day, I was playing around on SMN in the dunes, some LS mates came to hang out and "PL." I have to love when the puller thinks that because you have a PL you can pull 3+ mobs. When you're damn party cant even hit them and they take several minutes to kill. I hate dunes parties. End of story
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-25 18:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Ludoggy said:

You don't even have to look up a formula to be able to tell that Two-handed weapons improve Ranged Attacks. Equipping an Earth Staff and using a ranged attack will always do more damage than with no weapon equipped, even though Earth Staff doesn't add any real damage.

I'm just saying that 2str=1atk 2str=1ratk
 Fenrir.Dontkare
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dontkare
By Fenrir.Dontkare 2009-03-25 18:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Enternius said:
Ludoggy said:

I'm just saying that 2str=1atk 2str=1ratk

Somebody obviously doesn't have any 2-handed jobs.