Hacked/Stolen Character
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-21 01:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Found this Char. a 75RDM named Kiri on my server involved in RMT activity. He's from Comfortables LS, its a blue Ls, he has some 1337 gear Duelist's Chappeau+1, tabard, Altruistic cape,witch sash,tamas ring, etc. hume model male, anyone think this is familiar?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-21 01:34:27
Link | Citer | R

looks like a hume character with sea stuff to me. Dunno what makes him rmt off of that, how do you know its a hacked account?
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-03-21 01:36:58
Link | Citer | R

so, um.... people arent allowed to have pimp gear no more or they are rmt? interesting
 Asura.Reublucian
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 01:39:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Galvaya said:
Found this Char. a 75RDM named Kiri on my server involved in RMT activity. He's from Comfortables LS, its a blue Ls, he has some 1337 gear Duelist's Chappeau+1, tabard, Altruistic cape,witch sash,tamas ring, etc. hume model male, anyone think this is familiar?

RMT Activity? Could you emphasize ? And possibly show a bit more evidence?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-21 01:45:11
Link | Citer | R

The RMT activity is we have random char's named KYR_ _ _ _ in Bastok Mines, and they trade Kiri some green item(i interrupted one of their trades) and then he NPC's it to the galka NPC. Rinse and repeat. Been doing this for over an hour now. Then, like 15 taru's with random names come out of nowhere run around and trade eachother.
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-03-21 02:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Galvaya said:
The RMT activity is we have random char's named KYR_ _ _ _ in Bastok Mines, and they trade Kiri some green item(i interrupted one of their trades) and then he NPC's it to the galka NPC. Rinse and repeat. Been doing this for over an hour now. Then, like 15 taru's with random names come out of nowhere run around and trade eachother.

Someone, somewhere started a thread talking about something similar, now what could those people be up to in bastok >_>
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-21 03:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Acropora said:
Galvaya said:

Someone, somewhere started a thread talking about something similar, now what could those people be up to in bastok >_>

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1384 There ya go!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-21 03:45:12
Link | Citer | R

well, they called a GM on me...apparently RMT have rights too. lol. They said gardening mule in auto translate, but we counted up to 18 mules with the ?New adventurer icon. I called a USA GM to my defense, and he knows of the stuff going on, but they can't speculate or act on it, until they're caught distributing the gil. But that they are aware of fishy things goin on.

Also. like I said before, on accident, they traded me what was intended to go to Kiri, and it was by stacks, green items that looked sorta grassy. idk for sure what it was, but something I'm not too familiar in seeing.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-21 03:54:11
Link | Citer | R

I just spent some time researching items, and it looks like it was Garidav Wildgrass that they traded me NPC's for 424g

Yea, that sounds like RMT activity, but please people, make sure that you have evidence.
Yesterday I was fishing for the Devil Manta down in Kuftal Tunnel dual boxing with my hubby's character. I caught the manta a good 5 times in a row (never got drop...) and on the last time a douchebag named Lionsheart started calling me an RMT. Then all the other jealous players (Galka named Hennet just kept spamming in /say that I was an RMT) started calling me one as well. When I said out loud that I wasn't, this wasn't my main character and that I was just trying to fish like anyone else(i'm not so familiar with rmt but i don't think they wear armor and weapons that cost millions of gil, have items from their friends and spouse in their bazaar or talk to other ppl out loud in english), that Lionsheart guy started telling everyone that I had crappy gear and I had bought my account(crappy gear just means I have a life >_>). I asked him why would I buy an account just to farm if I could have just bought the money...ignorant people! It really urks me when crybabies have to make up BS when you know you've leveled your *** off and put a lot of hard work into a character :/ I don't think this deserves a player warning but I would just like to let you all know that I am not an RMT no matter what sore losing *** say :P
I've also been down there and other legit players have caught the manta many times in a row and other people down there would /tell me asking me if that person was a bot...Its a RANDOM catch! Makes me sick how completly stupid some ppl can be.
/endrant
 Bahamut.Ziggz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-21 04:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Galvaya said:
I just spent some time researching items, and it looks like it was Garidav Wildgrass that they traded me NPC's for 424g

just a note, RMT don't wear nice gear. especially put time into the game to get duelist stuff... RMT could give a crap about how well they perform. at the end of the day, they just either want to b lvl 75 with nothing else to show, or just make a lot of money as fast as possible...
imo, this guy just sounds like he makes his money by gardening. this grass you found is very easy to make from what i can see, and NPCs for a bit of cash... just cuz someone will pay double what you pay a month to make in game money doesn't mean they are RMT. the only way to make a decent penny gardening is to have mules anyway...
 Ifrit.Myori
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2009-03-21 04:12:41
Link | Citer | R

green items that looked sorta grassy huh? SO what im getting from this is the rmt have started up a drug cartel and have payed off the GMs to keep quiet.. Next thing we know they'll be auto botting up all the funyuns and cola THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Ziggz said:
Galvaya said:

just a note, RMT don't wear nice gear. especially put time into the game to get duelist stuff... RMT could give a crap about how well they perform. at the end of the day, they just either want to b lvl 75 with nothing else to show, or just make a lot of money as fast as possible...
imo, this guy just sounds like he makes his money by gardening. this grass you found is very easy to make from what i can see, and NPCs for a bit of cash... just cuz someone will pay double what you pay a month to make in game money doesn't mean they are RMT. the only way to make a decent penny gardening is to have mules anyway...

True Strike!

Myori said:
green items that looked sorta grassy huh? SO what im getting from this is the rmt have started up a drug cartel and have payed off the GMs to keep quiet.. Next thing we know they'll be auto botting up all the funyuns and cola THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Oh hell no, not the damn Funyuns >.<!
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 07:16:26
Link | Citer | R

So if they're growing garidav grass (which would make sense with the bought character, because it would have max fame - and yes, RMT buy accounts, my friend once sold his account to RMT and now kills bugards 24/7), how are they keeping up a constant stream of mules to the AH? How many mules would you need to constantly npc them, and why would they be going into each others MH's?
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-21 07:40:48
Link | Citer | R

>RMT
>Duelist's Chappeau+1

Stopped reading :/ RMT wasting 300K+ of currency for a such upgrade (and doing Dynamis Valk on the top of that ?) ? Seriously...

Coming soon : RMT with Tidal Talisman.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-03-21 07:42:04
Link | Citer | R

I've seen similar activity recently on Gilgamesh,I can't for the life of me figure out what they are doing though.They have one character permanently positioned outside the shop in Bastok Mines,other characters appear and seem to trade him something....It is always a blond haired Hume male that they trade to.There are also many new characters with names like xgyuf etc. who go in and out of the moghouse and hang around the NPC that sells the level 1 RSE stuff.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 08:40:06

Ziggz said:
Galvaya said:

I remember the really old rmt used to have amazing gear, dead serious, I lost my pics of it though, but like in 2004 rmt had like the best gear I had ever seen , they never left sky pretty much. lol good times
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 08:52:01
Link | Citer | R

RMT definitely do buy accounts, maybe not so much as they used to, but they definitely do it.

And that's an interesting screenshot O_O, 4 of them there at once, they can't be just gardening, how could you possibly grow that much, and how many trial accounts are they using!?
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-21 09:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:

I remember the really old rmt used to have amazing gear, dead serious, I lost my pics of it though, but like in 2004 rmt had like the best gear I had ever seen , they never left sky pretty much. lol good times

They weren't chain banned at the time so yeah :p But now they get their LM-17 pretty fast, so they don't bother stuffing themselves, they just get cash while they can :s
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-21 09:44:42
Link | Citer | R

I garden on 2 accounts, dont make me an RMT, but I sure as hell cant have all the mules on both accounts online at the same time lol.

If this guy is really a legit player who is just gardening, he'd have to have 1 account and 1 computer/xbox/ps2 for every mule he have online at the same time.

Maybe he just like gardening, maybe so much that he decided to invest in 10 accounts and 10 computers =P
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-21 09:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Ziggz said:
Galvaya said:

RMT's hacked a lot of characters, that were really pimped in gear. Then used them to distract SE that they were RMT, more or less to imitate regular players.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-03-21 10:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Nusumu said:
Yesterday I was fishing for the Devil Manta down in Kuftal Tunnel dual boxing with my hubby's character.

ANYONE who fishes that thing is accused of RMT at least once... if not.. you're doing it wrong.

Nusumu said:
on the last time a douchebag named Lionsheart started calling me an RMT. Then all the other jealous players

OMG YOU GOT THE NM, YOU MUST BE RMT!!!!11!

Nusumu said:
(i'm not so familiar with rmt....

nusumu said:
...but i don't think they wear armor and weapons that cost millions of gil

lolwut

Nusumu said:
why would I buy an account just to farm if I could have just bought the money

"why buy the milk, when you own the cow"
Mostly becuase it's harder to prove that you're up to something bad. RMT buy accounts regularly.

Nusumu said:
...ignorant people!

How true.

Nusumu said:
I've also been down there and other legit players have caught the manta many times in a row and other people down there would /tell me asking me if that person was a bot

Anytime you're dealing with a large pay-out NM, you also deal with large amounts of idiots.

nusumu said:
...Its a RANDOM catch! Makes me sick how completly stupid some ppl can be.

Learn to have fun with it. Laugh at their expense. Most of the people whom are quick to accuse you of being RMT, without cause, probably aren't too bright in the first place. It would probably be an amusing spectacle to hand them a plate full of their own ***... in front of all their friends. :)
/endrant[/quote]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-21 10:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only fan of /blist? If someone were to send me annoying /tell or /say, I'd /blist them, problem solved, they can keep talking to themselves lol
 Midgardsormr.Kaneko
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Kalypso
By Midgardsormr.Kaneko 2009-03-22 22:32:45
Link | Citer | R

It's getting pretty ridiculous, really. I've never seen this many of them.

User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-22 22:35:19

holy Sh------

What is with RMT and Bastok anyway? Whenever I get RMT /tells, the chars are in Bastok Mines...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 22:40:00
Link | Citer | R

How often do the same characters come back out of the MH? They're obviously npc'ing something, Proud Beard is the closest sale NPC to any MH entrance, which is why they're all at that one. With that many of them, they're probably being 100% botted, but what are they selling, and where are they sending the gil since I don't see them trading to anyone, and they're all going back into their own MH.

And what's with the taru's? They're just standing around.
First Page 2