Would You Return Gil From Overbidded Item?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Clowdd
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-03-21 01:17:52
Link | Citer | R

yes if it's an unreasonable amount! but if u overbid lets say item is 10k & u send 20k i'll send u 7k if u ask nicely =P
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-21 01:24:29
Link | Citer | R

I can think of two incidences where this has happened to me.

1. Received an over bid of roughly 20k on a ~5k item which I instantly sent back the difference.

2. Received an overbid of 70k on 1 imperial gold piece which I kept after looking them up here on ffxiah. It appeared as if they wouldn't be missing it all that much according to their price history. At that time the overbid doubled my bank of gil, I did however feel somewhat bad afterward. meh.
 Phoenix.Amael
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-03-21 01:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Well at least i know honesty pays off! She send me the 52k back :D
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-21 03:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Amael said:
Well at least i know honesty pays off! She send me the 52k back :D

/cheeeerrrrrr, I do love when that happens. ^^ /hurray
 Fenrir.Carth
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Carth
By Fenrir.Carth 2009-03-21 10:07:48
Link | Citer | R

As long as I get a /tell from them then yes I would. However if I don't then I'll obviously keep it. I'm not an ***, but I do believe that people should watch out for those type of mistakes. I wouldn't count on anyone else sending 2 mil back to me.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Serveur: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-03-21 10:35:35
Link | Citer | R

Ah, depends.I once was paid 30,000g for ONE tree cutting. Tried talking to the guy but it wouldn't respond at all. I gave it back 25,000 and have yet to get a thank you.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-03-21 10:40:57
Link | Citer | R

I would return the money to sender minus AH cost without hesitating. But the thing that does confuse me is that whenever you buy a item you always look at price history to see how much said item is, so how the hell do you end up from that point to buying another item !?
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: franzsy
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-03-21 10:44:57
Link | Citer | R

I'll return it only if they asked me NICELY. If not, they can like, go F**K themselves.
 Cerberus.Oric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-21 10:53:36
Link | Citer | R

I had an incident once where someone bought SH from me for around 1.5m, (thinking it was a +1, NQ was around 500k at the time). Anyways, I check on the sales history and see it has sold, didn't think much about, wasn't in need of gil asap so I just kinda forgot to pick up gil from MH...

Well, next day i log on and go check MH and see 1.5m for SH in there, of course I was excited, but, I was willing to give the gil back, so I looked for buyer.

Was not online, so I just figured i'd wait to see if he messaged me first, sure enough a few hours later he was online. He /telled me saying "I want my money back I meant to buy a SH+1 and accidently bought the NQ" I told him it was NP, i'd be glad to reimburse him for the difference I had SH on AH for (500k) vs.the price he bid on (1.5M), which would be 1m.

Well, he starts this crap about "SH price is only 350-400k now" (it had dropped within the near 2 days since mine was sold, and due to overflow on AH) Basically what he told me was that since price had dropped to 350k, That I owed him 1,150,000.. anyways to make a long story short, I just sent him his 1M, he continued to threatin to call a GM/and tell everyone I stole gil from him... I /blist and have never heard anything about it since...

Was I wrong about this whole deal? I don't think I was, but please advise me @_@
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-21 10:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Oric said:
I had an incident once where someone bought SH from me for around 1.5m, (thinking it was a +1, NQ was around 500k at the time). Anyways, I check on the sales history and see it has sold, didn't think much about, wasn't in need of gil asap so I just kinda forgot to pick up gil from MH...

Well, next day i log on and go check MH and see 1.5m for SH in there, of course I was excited, but, I was willing to give the gil back, so I looked for buyer.

Was not online, so I just figured i'd wait to see if he messaged me first, sure enough a few hours later he was online. He /telled me saying "I want my money back I meant to buy a SH+1 and accidently bought the NQ" I told him it was NP, i'd be glad to reimburse him for the difference I had SH on AH for (500k) vs.the price he bid on (1.5M), which would be 1m.

Well, he starts this crap about "SH price is only 350-400k now" (it had dropped within the near 2 days since mine was sold, and due to overflow on AH) Basically what he told me was that since price had dropped to 350k, That I owed him 1,150,000.. anyways to make a long story short, I just sent him his 1M, he continued to threatin to call a GM/and tell everyone I stole gil from him... I /blist and have never heard anything about it since...

Was I wrong about this whole deal? I don't think I was, but please advise me @_@

lol if someone acted like that I'd /blist them and kept the gil
 Cerberus.Oric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-21 10:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's my thing... alteast I was nicest enough to give him anything at all, now that I look back on it I shouldn't have given him anything after the way he acted towards me with all the threats, but oh well, I'm not that kind of person ; ;
 Phoenix.Kisukesama
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kisukesama 2009-03-21 11:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Oric said:

No way, man. You were generously returning his gil when you had every right to keep it. He should've been happy to get what you offered, but instead was an *** about it, and threatened you. I wouldn't wanna give it back to him either, after that.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-03-21 11:03:11
Link | Citer | R

Oric said:
Yeah, that's my thing... alteast I was nicest enough to give him anything at all, now that I look back on it I shouldn't have given him anything after the way he acted towards me with all the threats, but oh well, I'm not that kind of person ; ;

That was incredibly nice to give the money back even after the threats, it just goes to show that some people are never happy or grateful.
 Asura.Blkninja
Serveur: Asura
user: Blkninja
By Asura.Blkninja 2009-03-21 11:31:23
Link | Citer | R

I bidded 600k on a 200k item and politely asked for my gil back politely and all I got was ignored. I learned my lesson I check twice before Im gonna bid for something in the AH
 Asura.Sharpe
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-03-21 11:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Depends, if they asked nicely for it I probably would. If they asked inpolitely then no I'll keep it.

Either way see it as an idiot tax for being in too much of a rush to take the time to check what the hell you are doing.
 Diabolos.Aphy
Serveur: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-03-21 13:03:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
I wouldn't.

Amen

Esp if they were Japanese. When you overbid on something and try to get money back and you realize they are Japanese, Good luck to you.
 Valefor.Chucky
Serveur: Valefor
user: Chucky
By Valefor.Chucky 2009-03-21 13:14:32
Link | Citer | R

I would give it back to then because i have had a situation where i was purchasing a stack of wind crystals. As i am bidding my cat jumps onto my keyboard and i end up buying them for 1.2 million. The Japanese player that had received the gil was gracious enough to trade back the amount over the actual bidding price. I think there are people in game that dont try to take advantage of others misfortune.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 13:16:21

Aphy said:
Wooooodum said:
I wouldn't.

Amen

Esp if they were Japanese. When you overbid on something and try to get money back and you realize they are Japanese, Good luck to you.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, the more kinder players I have met over my ffxi travels, are usually japanese to begin with, and I'm dead serious when I say this, I have a jp friend and we message each other everyday with good morning and good nights and have small conversations, despite his english not being to good haha
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-21 13:21:12
Link | Citer | R

I think not returning the item would eat away at my conscience, so I probably would. >.>;
 Asura.Moonglow
user: Moonglow
By Asura.Moonglow 2009-03-21 13:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, the more kinder players I have met over my ffxi travels, are usually japanese to begin with, and I'm dead serious when I say this, I have a jp friend and we message each other everyday with good morning and good nights and have small conversations, despite his english not being to good haha

I would have to agree I have a few JP friends as well and they seems to be more curtious and helpful then most others on the server.
As to the bold statement... why is it that its "his english" that is bad, and not your japaneese?
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 14:56:45

Moonglow said:
Reublucian said:

I would have to agree I have a few JP friends as well and they seems to be more curtious and helpful then most others on the server.
As to the bold statement... why is it that its "his english" that is bad, and not your japaneese?

He's fully aware I can't speak japanese if my life depended on it lolol, plus he doesn't really seem to mind speaking english with me.
 Asura.Cbt
user: Cbt
By Asura.Cbt 2009-03-21 14:58:44
Link | Citer | R

It happened to me once.
A person bought a thunder staff from my by mistake for 7 mil, which was the price on the hq version at the time.
He was very polite so i gave him his money back, but he let me keep 1mil because i was willing to give it back^^.
 Bahamut.Sobius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2009-03-21 15:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Recently someone paid 90k for something I had on AH for 9k. I sent back 89k, didn't think twice about it.

Later that night, I was solo'ing Zip. Two RDM's showed up, shadowed me till it was at 3%. I popped Chainspell, Blizzard III out my ***, got resisted 6 times straight, Zip killed me at 1%. RDM's claimed, killed and left my corpse without saying a word.

Thats karma for ya, but I would do it again
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 15:14:42

Sobius said:
Recently someone paid 90k for something I had on AH for 9k. I sent back 89k, didn't think twice about it.

Later that night, I was solo'ing Zip. Two RDM's showed up, shadowed me till it was at 3%. I popped Chainspell, Blizzard III out my ***, got resisted 6 times straight, Zip killed me at 1%. RDM's claimed, killed and left my corpse without saying a word.

I don't believe in karma, but one thing you should take into account, is you should do good things because its just the right thing to do, good things come to those who do good and don't expect anything in return.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-21 16:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Sobius said:

I don't believe in karma, but one thing you should take into account, is you should do good things because its just the right thing to do, good things come to those who do good and don't expect anything in return.

You do realize you just said you believe in Karma pretty much... right? LOL
 Pandemonium.Mordot
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: mordot21
By Pandemonium.Mordot 2009-03-21 16:33:28
Link | Citer | R

I /tell them and let them know the overage and if they reply like they are a decent person then it's otw to their MH.... if they got an attitude, and some do (I've yet to understand why) then the screw up is on them and it's their loss. I've personally never overpaid on something cause I'm careful bout that. but out of the 9-10 times it's happened in the 4 years i have played, only had two that I remember had an attitude and one that ignored me completely. wasn't that much gil, 10-20K anyway but still....and there is no karma that I've found in this game and never expected any.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 17:01:10

Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:
Sobius said:

You do realize you just said you believe in Karma pretty much... right? LOL

I SUCK
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-21 17:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
You have to remember that every single person in this game is another human being, just because you can't see their face and they may be in another country, doesn't mean they don't deserve respect.

Dr. Cox from Scrubs said:
People don't HAVE a sweet center. People are ***-covered *** with *** filling.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-21 17:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Dr. Cox from Scrubs said:
People don't HAVE a sweet center. People are ***-coated *** with *** filling.

/fix!

But yes, that quote stands true to 95% of the world >.>

And yes, I would return gil from an overbid XD I wouldn't even try to get in touch with the person >.> I'd just DB and forget about it.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 21:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Aphy said:
Wooooodum said:
I wouldn't.

Amen

I've met some incredibly nice JP players, but the majority of them on Odin are rude, English hating arrogant ***.

Maybe it's because Odin is the JP retirement home of FFXI (massive JP population, and very few of them do full on end-game stuff) and they think English players should gtfo, or maybe Blazza is a swear word in Japanese, but I swear most JP wouldn't waste their time pissing on English players if you were on fire.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8