Would You Return Gil From Overbidded Item?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Cadiz
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Cadiz
By Bismarck.Cadiz 2009-03-20 20:17:05
Link | Citer | R

If I get asked to give it back politly yes otherwise prolly not.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-03-20 20:18:38
Link | Citer | R

I had this happen to me and I tried sending a /tell to the person who overpaid me but he/she was never online when I was,I eventually just sent the overpayment back to them with the in-game delivery system....I never got a 'thank you' but I felt better knowing I hadn't just kept and spent the gil!
 Siren.Vagustae
Serveur: Siren
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-03-20 20:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Only if they ask nicely. :3

(Whocandothatthesedays?)
 Hades.Mooranis
Serveur: Hades
user: Mooranis
By Hades.Mooranis 2009-03-20 20:28:39
Link | Citer | R

yes if they really messed up on the bid and let me know. it has happened to me and I was given my gill back
 Sylph.Lalo
Serveur: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-03-20 20:29:18
Link | Citer | R

hell no! >.>

You should watch how much you bid for.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-03-20 20:40:07
Link | Citer | R

One of my mates bid 600k instead of 80 or watever on a dark staff (dont as me how lol he said it was lag) and the person who recieved his gil was a mule and proceeded to delete the mule straight away and there alleged main character blacklisted him after slipping up and admitting it was them, when you think how hard honest players have to work for gil its only *** who keep an obvious overbid, id send it back all the time, you woudnt keep someones wallet if you found it lying in the street full of cash...

...unless your play THF then maybe its ok >_>
 Seraph.Looscannon
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Looscannon 2009-03-20 20:46:01
Link | Citer | R

im just gona be honest... NO
[+]
 Diabolos.Deltafox
Serveur: Diabolos
user: dfox
By Diabolos.Deltafox 2009-03-20 20:56:21
Link | Citer | R

I'd wait 1 day to see if they sent me a tell asking for it back. If I don't hear anything then I'd keep it.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-20 21:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Only time I haven't returned over-bids that are more than a few k was before I knew about this site. There was one where I wasn't near Jeuno and couldn't be assed finding out who it was, and another where the sales history was gone by the time I realised. Both times no-one contacted me. Otherwise I've always returned it (unfortunately I haven't had anyone I hate do it, I must need to make more enemies). I even got a /tell like 3 days after I returned it one time thanking me.

As for wallets, I'd do what I can to track the person down (usually not too hard since all their ID is in it) and return it money and all. If I can't, it goes to the cop shop with no gilz in it.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Amael said:
I putted a Platinum Beastcoin in AH for 8k and someone by the looks of it mistakenly bidded 60k on it. I send him/her a tell in game, though s/he didnt ever responded, i told the best i could that i understood the mistake and send her back 52k. People may call me dumb for things like this. So i wonder, would you return the money?

We need guys like u on Hades.I'll buy u a world pass anytime^^

On the other hand,its not only the players who are greedy and keep the mistakes.
I remember as I got my first 75 i ran off towards the <Auction house> to pick up 10 stacks of Imperial bronze pieces to obtain the Walahra Turban.Yea I know:O its 1000, but I think I had a moment of brainfart in all the excitement of finally obtaining it myself XD sooooooooooo...i traded my stacks to Gajaad and all i got in return was the walahra water;S. I was like <Ummm..> SE getting greedy on me.
I took a 180 to pick up another stack and traded Gajaad my overpayment.As I got the turban it hit me. 99 x 10 = 990 meaning I gave him 89 bronze pieces too much><
If it were a <Mithra> I would let it slip,a taru would be too cute for punnishment, but this guy..oooohh

I did several double/slap,ran my elbow+1 in his forehead in emote but nothing seemed to have an effect whatsoever.He wasnt even bothered with the 5% haste I had from the silly headwear.He just glanced at me like nothing had happened pretending he'd gotten the excact amount.RUDE!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 21:40:02
Link | Citer | R

No chance, unless they were a friend.
[+]

Shadowarrior said:
i think ive done the worse mistake so far. . . mistakenly bid on a chasuble (30k) when i was trying to bid on a manteel(4m) and they gave it back :) i also tipped them 100k for warping back to trade me too. i would give it back unless it was someone being an ***. u shud treat others the way u wanna be treated.

WORD!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-20 21:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Endar said:

I remember as I got my first 75 i ran off towards the <Auction house> to pick up 10 stacks of Imperial bronze pieces to obtain the Walahra Turban.Yea I know:O its 1000, but I think I had a moment of brainfart in all the excitement of finally obtaining it myself XD sooooooooooo...i traded my stacks to Gajaad and all i got in return was the walahra water;S. I was like <Ummm..> SE getting greedy on me.
I took a 180 to pick up another stack and traded Gajaad my overpayment.As I got the turban it hit me. 99 x 10 = 990 meaning I gave him 89 bronze pieces too much><
If it were a <Mithra> I would let it slip,a taru would be too cute for punnishment, but this guy..oooohh

I did several double/slap,ran my elbow+1 in his forehead in emote but nothing seemed to have an effect whatsoever.He wasnt even bothered with the 5% haste I had from the silly headwear.He just glanced at me like nothing had happened pretending he'd gotten the excact amount.RUDE!

I lol'd :D
 Siren.Bungie
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-03-20 22:13:20
Link | Citer | R

i believe in karma, def think you should do the right thing.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-20 22:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Bungie said:

I believe in karma too! If I all of a sudden have gil in my dbox that was unexpected, its obviously karma rewarding me for everything good im doing in life :D

j/k
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-20 22:46:06
Link | Citer | R

I would and have then again that's why i've played 5 yrs and gotten no where...

bout 4 yrs ago i sold a brigandine, NQ was like sometihin and HQ was 6mil.... some guy paid 6mil for my NQ. He /tell me asked if we could trade, my brig for 6mil, basically null the sale. We traded and things went fine, he said ty so much if i ever need anything /tell him.

so next day i asked him for help and he was like go away noob...

In online games everyone has an epenis and no one gives a ***about anything but themselves. I've never really gotten anything out of being nice or helping and I honestly don't know why i still play FFXI.

/endrant
 Bahamut.Megrim
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2009-03-20 23:14:40
Link | Citer | R

simply put . . . keep the money

There is not one but 2 disclamers {sp} before you place a bid and each one states the amount and item name of which you place your bit so an mistake is not in the hands of the seller but in the hands of the buyer ( buyer beware) its happened to me on more than one occasion and hell i admit the game lagged but if i payed more attention i wouldnt have lost gil on the transaction
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-20 23:22:19
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to just repeat this question in another form, if you found a wallet in the street with $100 in it, as well as an ID tag that gave the address and phone-number of the owner, what would you do?

Over-bidding on an AH item is careless, losing your wallet with $100 and all your ID is also careless, I'm just interested to see if the people that would keep the gil are the same people that would keep the wallet.
 Valefor.Redenius
Serveur: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-03-20 23:54:19
Link | Citer | R

You bought my item that is worth 10k for 5k because I undercutted,/tell you owe me 5k!
 Asura.Reublucian
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-20 23:58:21

@ Blazza with real life money I would probably return the money(Depends on how my day was going), as for in game over bidding items I would 100% of the time return the money.
 Bahamut.Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2009-03-21 00:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
I'd like to just repeat this question in another form, if you found a wallet in the street with $100 in it, as well as an ID tag that gave the address and phone-number of the owner, what would you do?

Over-bidding on an AH item is careless, losing your wallet with $100 and all your ID is also careless, I'm just interested to see if the people that would keep the gil are the same people that would keep the wallet.

Your talking RL vs a video game the moral bounderies are abit gray when you talk pixels vs actual real life events. besides if a bidder decides they want something and put their money out there well they did that of their own free will. Losing your wallet isnt really free will as much as being clumsy or careless. and once again its the choice over chance that governs the rationale. besides gil is easy to come by in this game.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-21 00:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Megrim said:
Your talking RL vs a video game the moral bounderies are abit gray when you talk pixels vs actual real life events.

No disrepect intended, but I think morals go beyond it "just being a video game." If you had a bf or a gf in game, and they cheated on you, you would feel just as hurt as if they had done it in real life--or at least, that's what I've observed, unfortunately.

Regarding the OP--I agree with the few people who have mentioned "Karma" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It's not the normal or the easy thing to do, but it's the RIGHT thing to do. I'd give it back.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-21 00:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Bungie said:

I believe in karma too! If I all of a sudden have gil in my dbox that was unexpected, its obviously karma rewarding me for everything good im doing in life :D

j/k

LOL <3
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 00:25:07
Link | Citer | R

My question was aimed at the fact that whether you lose your wallet or over-bid, it's not something done intentionally, regardless of the difference in carelessness between the two.

I'm really interested to see what people would do in both of these situations. I think if people treated each other more like they would in real life then a lot of the ***-fights in FFXI would cease to exist. But then, maybe people are perfectly happy with keeping the $100, in which case I probably don't want anything to do with them.
 Bahamut.Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2009-03-21 00:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:
Megrim said:
Your talking RL vs a video game the moral bounderies are abit gray when you talk pixels vs actual real life events.

No disrepect intended, but I think morals go beyond it "just being a video game." If you had a bf or a gf in game, and they cheated on you, you would feel just as hurt as if they had done it in real life--or at least, that's what I've observed, unfortunately.

Lol to say that is . . . um wrong People do have 2 different personalities ones they show in person and ones they portray online. lets face it ppl tend to act a lot tougher in a game than they are in real life. so to say that people cant have 2 sets of morals is a bit obtuse. and if you have an online relation ship with a person and get burned well lets just say you didnt lose anything real in the first place. but thats a whole different topic XD.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 00:31:54
Link | Citer | R

You have to remember that every single person in this game is another human being, just because you can't see their face and they may be in another country, doesn't mean they don't deserve respect.

To say that people have two sets of morals may as well say they have no morals at all.
 Pandemonium.Sepihroth
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Sepihroth 2009-03-21 00:45:39
Link | Citer | R

If they asked nicely then yes but if they act like an *** right off the bat then no. Not my fault you over bid on something on ah then you have to act like an *** when trying to get your gil back.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-03-21 01:05:41
Link | Citer | R

I'd send the difference back regardless if they asked or not. Just a matter of ethics. I know what the item is worth, obviously they didn't meant to spend such amount on it- so keeping their money would be pretending that I didn't know and I can't lower myself to that level. Deal with others how you would want to be dealt with.. yea others wont always be nice about such things to you- but knowing you did the right thing is more important and they will respect that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-21 01:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
You have to remember that every single person in this game is another human being, just because you can't see their face and they may be in another country, doesn't mean they don't deserve respect.

To say that people have two sets of morals may as well say they have no morals at all.

^^
This, all this. :D
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-03-21 01:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:
Blazza said:

^^
This, all this. :D

I wish there was more peeps who thought this way.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8