Forum » FFXI » General » Soothing healer npc doens't heal
Soothing healer npc doens't heal
 Shiva.Whitejune
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-03-20 09:56:19
Link | Citer | R

I have a problem with my npc and i'm wondering if other player have or had this problem also.

I have a taru and it is set to the soothing healer job, which comes in handy for my drk. The only problem is, it doesn't heal me and has occasionaly let me die. I have a lot of bond points (at the Fei yin (sorry if spelled worng i usually yse auto translate >.<) fight) It just does not seem to heal me. I have to heal her mp every other fight cuz she runs out so fast (so much for taru mp pool)

She does cast paralyze, slow, haste just no cures. There have been times where i was down to the red with my hp's and it casted paralyze on the mob then haste on itself.

The thing that bothers is me is, my husband has a normal healer npc and it cures him more then mine does me, and he has almost no bond points.

I contacted GM about it, cuz i felt there must be something wrong with my game data or some ***like that. he replied he didn't know either and to check a community website. (So much for the allknowing uber GM power)

So i'm asking if anyone else has the problem, or if they had how they fixed it.

i've checked the job it has more then once to make sure it was set to soothing healer. it's lvl is 42 now and prolly will be for a long time if it keeps letting me die in hard situations.
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-03-20 10:01:51
Link | Citer | R

My NPC is also set to soothing healer and around level 45, and you're not alone. The only thing I can depend on my NPC to do is to haste me and to *** about being out of MP. It's behavior may change in the higher levels (or after you use a training manual), but I honestly haven't cared enough to look into it.
 Odin.Darkraziel
Serveur: Odin
user:
By Odin.Darkraziel 2009-03-20 10:06:18
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

thats wierd cause mine is set to that and whenever i get into yellow i get healed. if she has mp of course.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-20 10:07:23
Link | Citer | R

My NPC is 60 atm and as Soothing Healer, it curebombs me to no end. If I'm missing 300HP, it'll Cure4 me to fill me to 100%, instead of Cure3 to take me to 90%+

I noticed my NPC was pretty lazy with curing me too when it was lower, so I think you'll be ok later on ^^
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-20 10:39:21
Link | Citer | R

If I had a soothing healer, I would indeed expect it to be soothing. Much like I would expect my shield to be stalwart. I do understand your concern.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-03-20 10:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Do not worry it will go better as your npc level, mine is at 70 and I get cured every time I need it, she will also use paralyna fairly quickly if needed.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-03-20 10:46:54
Link | Citer | R

This usually happens because once it is changed to a sothing healer, it starts using enfeebling/enhancing magic, unlike a regular healing npc where it just uses cures, so every once in a while it will use an enfeeb/enhance rather than rather than cure you
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-20 10:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Regular healing NPC does not just use cures. Mine is a regular healer still and often tries to paralyze and slow, etc. It usually gets resisted though if I am trying to get max exp for the little guy.
 Midgardsormr.Invictusx
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Invictusx
By Midgardsormr.Invictusx 2009-03-20 10:56:37
Link | Citer | R

It could also be the personality of your NPC, although I am not sure how big of an effect personality really has
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-20 11:02:02
Link | Citer | R

The only notable difference between the healer NPC variants is that as regular healer, your NPC won't burn through MP as fast.

Soothing Healer generally cures you as soon as it can (don't forget that NPC's have magic recasts like PUP Automatons and Mobs, and as such can't curebomb like a player).

In between Curing, I've noticed they prioritise Enfeebling over Enhancing, I normally don't get haste until the last 5% of a mob >.>

Creative Uncut's NPC Guide!

Wiki has one too, but it's being gimpy and not loading for me atm >.>

Ninjaedit! Wiki stopped being gimp >.> Wiki's NPC guide!
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomassin
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa 2009-03-20 11:18:24
Link | Citer | R

I definitely think your NPC lvl has something to do with it. I remember mine letting me die when she was lower lvl, she is now lvl 65 and cures me even if i'm not yet in yellow hp. I'm also finding it extremely funny how she uses provoke when i'm in the red and she's out of mp lol :D
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-20 11:22:04
Link | Citer | R

I think it's funny it vokes when you're in red anyway XD

"Yeah, you've just been beating on it for 5min and done about 10k damage, I'll get hate a single voke for sure!"
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 11:28:24
Link | Citer | R

I just wish there was some level of control with NPC fellows...I think mine went to a special school with the ***she does sometimes.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-20 11:29:11
Link | Citer | R

I just liked the way that my npc told me "no matter what, I'll always be by your side" or something, and then she'd warp halfway through the next mob <_<

That's why the *** is only 35
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomassin
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa 2009-03-20 11:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
I think it's funny it vokes when you're in red anyway XD

"Yeah, you've just been beating on it for 5min and done about 10k damage, I'll get hate a single voke for sure!"

Lol, exactly! :D
Only time i go into red hp is when she's out of mp, so... She's also used that special attack that i dont remember name of but they learn it in the Fei'Yin fight - Blessed Radiance or something.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-20 11:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Blessed Radiance ftfw!

I love it. Looks good >.>
 Bahamut.Reeve
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-03-20 11:57:49
Link | Citer | R

My NPC is LVL70 and She's great!
Saved my behind more times than I care to remember as BST/NIN. Just wish you could call the NPC in ToAU areas, It's about time SE made a quest or something to allow you to use a signal/tactics pearl in ToAU areas.

But anyway, I've never had an issue with NPC healing me.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-20 13:17:33
Link | Citer | R

lv 69 soothing healer and i <3 my npc, she's saved my life countless times, as long as i make sure she got mp she keeps up the protect shell haste cure paralyna blindna ect
 Gilgamesh.Raulin
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulin 2009-03-20 13:30:12
Link | Citer | R

im not sure so i have some coments....
the npc got recast magic tipe every x seconds shoot a spell can be enhacing enfeebling or healing or....
and the npc use a cure like the other npcs like drg pets, exemple cure x if you hit x% of your total hp. if your npc is more high level and got a stronger cure he shoot a cure whit your hp% few than other another exemple your npc is lvl 20 and shoot cureII when you hit 60% hp and at lvl 30 he shoot cureIII at 40% of you hp instead 60%.
all this comments are when he have full mp is my experience playing whit him
 Shiva.Whitejune
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-03-20 17:03:30
Link | Citer | R

thank you all for your replys.

I see that i'm alone in this ^^

I guess i just have to lvl her some more and give her another chance. i guess till that happens i have to bring a bunch of bloody bolts with me just in case.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 17:06:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I do recall they changed the formula conditions for when a NPC healer feels the need to heal you. Before it used to be when I ever got to yellow HP (or scraped my knee) she would cast cure V on me. They toned it down to a much more reasonable level that's conducive to conserving MP semi-effectively. I just think maybe at lower levels it's down to the wire can can be rather dangerous to "depend" on them for life/death situations.