player warning <<< stupid idea
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Ziggz
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-20 00:36:02
Link | Citer | R

i've only been posting on this board for about a month or two and i think i can safely say that 90% of the people on these boards could give a crap about your problems with another person on you server. i think i see a new player warning ever flippin day i get on, and it's always the same crap. someone trading with someone they don't know, or someone that was just an idiot... who cares! get over it, and try not to encounter the fool again. can you count the number of people that are going to actually take your warning into consideration??? i'll bet 1 if you're lucky, because nobody reading your post is going to remember it. the only people that will remember this person that you are warning them of are the people unfortunate enough to come in contact with them.
i see a lot of the people that post these stupid warnings saying something like "shut up, don't post here because you aren't even on my server"; or something along those lines... guess what honkeys! every flippin new post is on the front page of the web site, and thats how 99% of the people talking on the message boards are navigating them!

-end rant
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-03-20 00:39:01
Link | Citer | R

LOL, sadly I must agree with you.

If you have a complaint about somebody, post it on QCDN or BG forums.
 Remora.Kindle
Serveur: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-20 00:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Ziggz said:
i've only been posting on this board for about a month or two and i think i can safely say that 90% of the people on these boards could give a crap about your problems with another person on you server. i think i see a new player warning ever flippin day i get on, and it's always the same crap. someone trading with someone they don't know, or someone that was just an idiot... who cares! get over it, and try not to encounter the fool again. can you count the number of people that are going to actually take your warning into consideration??? i'll bet 1 if you're lucky, because nobody reading your post is going to remember it. the only people that will remember this person that you are warning them of are the people unfortunate enough to come in contact with them.
i see a lot of the people that post these stupid warnings saying something like "shut up, don't post here because you aren't even on my server"; or something along those lines... guess what honkeys! every flippin new post is on the front page of the web site, and thats how 99% of the people talking on the message boards are navigating them!

-end rant

Well on the bold part... I know most people post like this "Player warning: name (server" Or something along those lines. Also, lots of people post under their server forums... So if you don't care about player warnings you see on the front page, don't click on them. Simple as that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-03-20 00:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Kindle said:
So if you don't care about player warnings you see on the front page, don't click on them. Simple as that.

Touché!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-20 00:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Player warnings are very beneficial. Not only do I learn about the person I'm being warned about, but I learn who to avoid if I don't want to see a "Player Warning: Etrayis" tomorrow. =P
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 00:53:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

It's good to know about people who blatantly take advantage of trusting individuals and betray them in a manner that is not only against conduct policies but against terms of service as well.

I'd just like to see an end to the "Player Warning >>> So-and-so called me a noob" threads. Long story short, if you don't need to call a GM over what happened, don't bother posting about it here.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-03-20 00:59:07
Link | Citer | R

In my opinion, adding a comment on the player's page is more constructive than making a forum post which is broadcast to everyone.

I've strongly considered suggesting taking server specific posts off the aggregate on the front page just because of the large number of irrelevant and annoying player warnings.
 Garuda.Ryanx
Serveur: Garuda
user: ryanx
By Garuda.Ryanx 2009-03-20 01:20:41
Link | Citer | R

for stupid ideas i shouted i am cornholio i need tp for my bung hole in xcalibard and in bastok mines on another server when i was on a mule to talk to a friend on that server

Ryanx said:
for stupid ideas i shouted i am cornholio i need tp for my bung hole in xcalibard and in bastok mines on another server when i was on a mule to talk to a friend on that server

Uh
What?

English, please. And some proper capitalization and punctuation would be nice. ._. We're not in-game right now, its okay to speak intelligently.

Type, rather. >_>
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-20 01:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Aledacia said:
Ryanx said:

Uh
What?

English, please. And some proper capitalization and punctuation would be nice. ._. We're not in-game right now, its okay to speak intelligently.

Type, rather. >_>

Its called Beavis and Butthead.

Its a stupid cartoon show back in the 90s that was only shown on MTV (back when they were still showing music videos).
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-03-20 02:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Etrayis said:
Player warnings are very beneficial. Not only do I learn about the person I'm being warned about, but I learn who to avoid if I don't want to see a "Player Warning: Etrayis" tomorrow. =P

MOST of the time you're only hearing one side of the story. So if I read a player warning about Etrayis buying gil on FFXIAH website... I should just belive it? I mean .... it must be true because it's in da forumzzzz....

Player warnings are meant well most likely, but are, in fact, pretty useless. As the OP stated.. most people won't remember, and as I said.. it's usually only one side of the story.

If you're going to condem someone, make damn sure you outght to be.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-20 02:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Radaghast said:
Etrayis said:

MOST of the time you're only hearing one side of the story. So if I read a player warning about Etrayis buying gil on FFXIAH website... I should just belive it? I mean .... it must be true because it's in da forumzzzz....

Player warnings are meant well most likely, but are, in fact, pretty useless. As the OP stated.. most people won't remember, and as I said.. it's usually only one side of the story.

i like this guy ^
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-20 02:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Haha. Man you took my point a little differently. I was stating that both the person being warned about and the person posting the thread are probably not even worth dealing with. It was just a joke about how most people post these warnings about the stupidest things such as, "So and so called me a noob in a party while he only had 15 slots of gear filled." Hurtful? Maybe. Worth posting a thread about. No.

Edit: I can't honestly see someone accusing me of RMT.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-03-20 02:46:16
Link | Citer | R

You Know what i love best about all Playing warnings is the fact person started the post, is the person who gets flamed for beening an idiot :D
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-20 02:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Knightofdragons said:
You Know what i love best about all Playing warnings is the fact person started the post, is the person who gets flamed for beening an idiot :D

Except for my Player Warning thread, I didn't get flamed......nor did the guy I was warning people from......which was me.....lol
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-20 02:52:04
Link | Citer | R

High five for Korpg.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-20 02:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't it be nicer with a "Good player" Thread? :)

Give ppl some positive feedback instead of just putting whoever we feel like down?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-20 03:00:21
Link | Citer | R

We had one

It had no drama in it

So, it stopped being popular after half a page.
 Siren.Bungie
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-03-20 03:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Radaghast said:
Etrayis said:

indeed indeeed
 Bahamut.Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-20 03:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Miemo said:

Give ppl some positive feedback instead of just putting whoever we feel like down?

i think there was one of those like a week ago... lol
edit: i just realized thats what korpg was talkin about >.>;
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-03-20 03:17:13
Link | Citer | R

I perfer to read them too, actually. Not only is it informative, they can also be amusing. I think that when somone gets burnt, it not only makes one person become more knowledgeable the next time, but it makes me climb one step higher, b/c by becoming informed. I not only know that by using a gut-instinct tatics, like some of these folks have done,I would not be in the postition they had been in, so I think that these threads are relative. NOT saying they are good reading material, I'm say they are not a complete waste.

Kporg.. you thread was just epic man.. you know we all luv ya...LOL ( Keeping it real!!)

I think by seeing these threads, we not only outfit ourselves with a degree of intelligence, we become that much more knowledgeable about doing any type of business tactic with any shady character. Agreed? Yes, No???
 Remora.Kindle
Serveur: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-20 04:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Ziggz said:
Miemo said:

Soooooooooooooooooooo

You rather have everyone posting "good player" threads all the time for MORE crap u don't care about.

"So and so gave me gil! He rocks!"

Kindle said:
Ziggz said:
Miemo said:

Soooooooooooooooooooo

You rather have everyone posting "good player" threads all the time for MORE crap u don't care about.

Like, omgzzzzz I like, totally like, met this dude in like, South San d'likeoria once, and like, he TOTAAAAALLY gave me like 90k! it was like, soooooo awesome! I was like, ohmigawd! And then he was like ohmigawd! And then I was like, "ohmigawd shut uuuuup"! And then HE was like "ohmigawd shut uuuuup"! It was like we were on like the same wave-length or something~ It was so totally awesome! Then like the next day, some chick came up to me in like, whitegate or some ***, and like, she totally started bashing me for like, telling her "boyfriend" to shut up and I was like, "ohmigawd! like was that your like, boyfriend that like, gave me like 90k?" and she got like, totally pissed, like, she said like, that like, the money was meant for their wedding or something and I like, just rolled my eyes and walked off on her. I sooooooooo wasn't giving it back to her. He like gave that gil to me! Like, no way was I going to give it to her. But like, that dude was like totally awesome! Like, you know?

EDIT: I think I need sleep...lol...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-20 04:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Aledacia said:
Kindle said:
Ziggz said:
Miemo said:

Soooooooooooooooooooo

Like, omgzzzzz I like, totally like, met this dude in like, South San d'likeoria once, and like, he TOTAAAAALLY gave me like 90k! it was like, soooooo awesome! I was like, ohmigawd! And then he was like ohmigawd! And then I was like, "ohmigawd shut uuuuup"! And then HE was like "ohmigawd shut uuuuup"! It was like we were on like the same wave-length or something~ It was so totally awesome! Then like the next day, some chick came up to me in like, whitegate or some ***, and like, she totally started bashing me for like, telling her "boyfriend" to shut up and I was like, "ohmigawd! like was that your like, boyfriend that like, gave me like 90k?" and she got like, totally pissed, like, she said like, that like, the money was meant for their wedding or something and I like, just rolled my eyes and walked off on her. I sooooooooo wasn't giving it back to her. He like gave that gil to me! Like, no way was I going to give it to her. But like, that dude was like totally awesome! Like, you know?

Airhead much?
 Titan.Rebekah
Serveur: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-03-20 08:40:26
Link | Citer | R

I see it this way, if you feel soo strongly about these threads "Player warnings" Then don't read them, other people have different out looks on these threads we call "Player warnings".

Now granted Most of the player warnings I have seen are stupid. QQQ I had a item up on my bazaar QQQ It was up for 10k QQQ it should have been 100mil QQQ I asked for the Item back and they would not give it back so this "Player warning" goes out to Mrfluffnstuff on the Server Mymoghouse! QQQ
*Names and places changed to protect the dumb and smart people*

So yea my point is if you see a topic you don't wanna read then don't read it, it will go away. lol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 08:44:53
Link | Citer | R

P warnings are extremely pointless BUT its usally pretty nice lulz when the person getting falmed in the OP comes on to fight with the OP like a 12 yr old schoolgirl.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Serveur: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-03-20 09:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I find the player warnings informative. In the LS I run we do backgroung checks. If the first thing you find when you do a search is " player warning XXXX etc." you can find out what this person did before his/her app is accepted or turned away.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-20 09:21:42

So who is this 'stupididea' player I should be warned about.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-20 09:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Dunno but heard he was stupid
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-20 09:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Aledacia said:
Kindle said:
Ziggz said:
Miemo said:

Soooooooooooooooooooo

Dude...

Dude?

Duuuuuuude.

XD
First Page 2