Why Do You Get So Mad About Bots?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why do you get so mad about bots?
Why do you get so mad about bots?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-01 00:13:39
Link | Citer | R

There are craftbots if that counts.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-01 00:15:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
There are craftbots if that counts.

I was talking about real cake!
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-01 00:19:43
Link | Citer | R

I keep imagining bots as little... servbot people that materialize in front of the PC to help you play.

please confirm y/n
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-01 00:20:56
Link | Citer | R

If you count all the claim mules i've seen in da that are tarutaru lvl1 as servbots then sure.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-01 01:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
I keep imagining bots as little... servbot people that materialize in front of the PC to help you play.

please confirm y/n

y
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-04-01 01:42:29
Link | Citer | R

On the subject of bots, anyone have a good healing bot that doesnt repeat certain commands over and over again, like haste or solace? Also if it has Cure 6 that would be great. Currently using FFPL and I do not like the way it runs sometimes.

PM with info! Since links arent allowed to be posted.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-04-01 02:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Spellcast is a bot
This^^ so much.I use it myself and making scripts to make it run correctly is prolly as hard to do scripts for a bot.It's also kinda making a bot changing gears for you w/o any real efforts.I so *** love it (aside the scripts making part x.x)

Cerberus.Eugene said:
I remember someone raging about the first PW kill was complete hax because people used vent to beat it.
wtf really?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-01 02:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
On the subject of bots, anyone have a good healing bot that doesnt repeat certain commands over and over again, like haste or solace? Also if it has Cure 6 that would be great. Currently using FFPL and I do not like the way it runs sometimes.

I'll PM u a bot link!
By Bluban 2011-04-01 03:47:07
Link | Citer | R

I Haven't seen a bot in a while,but rarely play much,but you could always have a friend haste and cure you if it's the so called"Cure Bot".The rules are rules and anyone using a bot should be banned permantly for one main reason ........It bipasses the TOS agreement and what's to stop the clown who uses claim bots from saying it they can uses cure bots why can't i use claim bots.

Either have a friend cure and haste you or work on those skills most people who bot Don't have!
By Artemicion 2011-04-01 03:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Bluban said:
I Haven't seen a bot in a while,but rarely play much,but you could always have a friend haste and cure you if it's the so called"Cure Bot".The rules are rules and anyone using a bot should be banned permantly for one main reason ........It bipasses the TOS agreement and what's to stop the clown who uses claim bots from saying it they can uses cure bots why can't i use claim bots.

Either have a friend cure and haste you or work on those skills most people who bot Don't have!

This is virtually the same thing as the whole Marijuana being a "gateway drug". The argument is *** as it puts the individual in question, not the drugs (bots) themselves.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-04-01 04:03:32
Link | Citer | R

The reason people hate bots, even ones that don't really effect other people, is the same reason why a lot of people hate rich kids; they don't like that other people get take the easy route while they have to put in work just to achieve the same effect.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2011-04-01 04:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bismarck.Nexdeus said:

I'll PM u a bot link!

Thanks for the uber hax!
There is no spoon.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-04-01 06:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said:
I remember someone raging about the first PW kill was complete hax because people used vent to beat it.

I wouldn't be surprised, voice chatting over internetz was considered cheating even in counterstrike back in the late 90s.

except back then it was called roger wilco...
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-04-12 00:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Windower = playing scrabble with a dictionary open.

Bots = playing scrabble with this website open.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-04-12 01:16:27
Link | Citer | R

Late to the party as usual. Going over this whole subject, it kind of makes me think of fishing (in real life mind you). Console users are like the guy who stands knee deep in the water with a sharp stick and tries to catch fish by stabbing them. Your non-botters are the guy who fishs with a pole or two. And the botters are guy out in the boat dropping dynamite in the water and raking in fish by the boatload. Now the guy using poles fishs for fun. He enjoys the nice slow pace and relaxing atmosphere of it all while trying to catch his fish. The guy using dynamite is doing it for the speed and ease. It usually yields better results than the standard method so he can get home and about his business quicker. And the guy using the stick... well who honestly cares? He'll die off sooner or later hopefully.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-04-12 01:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Windower = playing scrabble with a dictionary open.

Bots = playing scrabble with this website open.

Im going to go own someone at scrabble now :D
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-04-12 01:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Late to the party as usual. Going over this whole subject, it kind of makes me think of fishing (in real life mind you). Console users are like the guy who stands knee deep in the water with a sharp stick and tries to catch fish by stabbing them. Your non-botters are the guy who fishs with a pole or two. And the botters are guy out in the boat dropping dynamite in the water and raking in fish by the boatload. Now the guy using poles fishs for fun. He enjoys the nice slow pace and relaxing atmosphere of it all while trying to catch his fish. The guy using dynamite is doing it for the speed and ease. It usually yields better results than the standard method so he can get home and about his business quicker. And the guy using the stick... well who honestly cares? He'll die off sooner or later hopefully.

Stick Fisher = Big ***

Pole Fisher = medical Average

Dynamite Fisherman = So small you might as well not bother

That is all
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-04-12 01:41:51
Link | Citer | R

you really know when you hit the mark when the penis come backs start lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-12 01:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zaknafein said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Stick Fisher = Big *** Pole Fisher = medical Average Dynamite Fisherman = So small you might as well not bother That is all
The stick fisher will never die! His body is built like a rock, and he sticks a fish for every meal.
 Bahamut.Jefant
user: mbm1980
By Bahamut.Jefant 2011-04-12 02:11:11
Link | Citer | R

but because the guy dynamiting the fish there is no supply left over for the stick fisher or the pole fisher. so they have no choice to move to place with smaller fish and no guy with dynamite
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-12 02:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Especially bots that don't effect you like Cure bots? Legitimate question here, but you guys get way too mad about how other people play the game XD

hmmm u sure that they don't effect others?
now say u use a cure bot, it will cast cure with a little less delay.
yeah pushing strg + 1 as example takes some time also u could hit the wrong macro or whatever could go wrong w/o a bot, while the bot instantly cures u.
now lets say u fight a NM and another pt is waiting for u to die.your cure bot does his job and w/o it you would do some mistakes/or need longer to hit the correct macro and u would die maybe.
the other pt claim the mob when u wipe but thx to the perfect cure bot u don't.
that's the way a cure bot could effect other ppl ;)
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-04-12 02:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Especially bots that don't effect you like Cure bots? Legitimate question here, but you guys get way too mad about how other people play the game XD

yeah pushing strg + 1 as example takes some time also u could hit the wrong macro or whatever could go wrong w/o a bot, while the bot instantly cures u.
now lets say u fight a NM and another pt is waiting for u to die.your cure bot does his job and w/o it you would do some mistakes/or need longer to hit the correct macro and u would die maybe.
the other pt claim the mob when u wipe but thx to the perfect cure bot u don't.
that's the way a cure bot could effect other ppl ;)

you must feel SO proud of yourself.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-12 02:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alukat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

A person will always be able to cure faster than a bot, because they aren't working on a preset cycle.

For example, most PL/Cure bots will have options for buffs (both the bot itself and the people it's curing). So every time it goes to cure, it'll run a cycle similar to this:

Check for people to cure
-> Cure anyone that needs
Check for buffs on self
-> Buff self if required
Check for buffs on PLee #1
-> Buff PLee #1
Check for people to cure
-> Cure anyone that needs
Check for buffs on PLee #2
-> Buff PLee #2

etc etc

There seems to be a big thing that bots are faster than people, when in fact, a person that's paying attention will always be better than a bot (in every regard, except maybe Crafting/Fishing).
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-12 03:00:19
Link | Citer | R

but the bot should need less than 0,1 second to do it, though.

Edit: except its casting protect and someone will be hit and needs cure ^^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-12 03:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Actually, it would need the same time as someone who's paying attention. On top of that, it can't pre-emptively Cure, so you're always in a pretty bad place if you're fighting something that can take you down fast.

Personally, I'm a better WHM than my PLbot, the only exception to that (from lack of practice recently), is my Haste timing, sometimes I cast too early, sometimes I only cast when it wears off, but my status removal, cures, cureskins, bar-spells, are all much more efficient.

A PLbot will give a bad WHM an advantage in the sense that it'll cure everyone (almost flawlessly), it'll buff everyone and it'll Raise people. A good WHM (hell, even a decent WHM) will be able to do a better job theirselves.

Bots are slower than people, there's many times I've swapped back to my WHM's screen to Cure/Buff myself before/after something goes wrong.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7