Why Do You Get So Mad About Bots?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why do you get so mad about bots?
Why do you get so mad about bots?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-30 16:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Believed said:

It's alright though, SE usually does the right thing when they catch people doing misc stuff like this. It all can't be done in a days work! ^_^
aka
if you dont have an alarm going off when you get a /tell. its your own fault.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-30 16:49:39
Link | Citer | R

I don't get mad, lol
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-30 16:54:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Especially bots that don't effect you like Cure bots? Legitimate question here, but you guys get way too mad about how other people play the game XD

I get so mad I foam.

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-30 16:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-30 17:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Oh jesus, I have a feeling where this thread will lead x.x
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-30 18:32:12
Link | Citer | R

bump
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-31 10:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I've covered this, my theory is it diminishes their 'accomplishment' when someone uses a bot.. It has nothing to do with them wanting to uphold rules over some failed sense of nobility/purity, but because when a bot can do what they can it makes them face just how non-leet they are.

That's the only logical conclusion I can come to.. I mean as far as bots that do nothing to you go.. It's easy to understand why someone would get pissed off over claim bots or flee hacks and ***like that, but stuff that will never affect them, it's the only thing that really makes sense.

Pretty much that. I don't care if people want to dual box everything these days with a Cure spam bot, but I just don't see the point of it. Yay, you spend more money on another account to have a solo experience. Isn't a big chunk of this game about the social experience?

I just feel accomplishments like Empyreans are better when you share them with others as a team, really. I'd feel a little bit empty (and somewhat bored as ***) soloing/dual boxing an Empyrean, honestly.
[+]
 Odin.Drblade
Serveur: Odin
user: drblade
By Odin.Drblade 2011-03-31 10:31:58
Link | Citer | R

A rule of thumb when I started playing this game years ago - don't worry about everyone else and worry about yourself. You'll be happier.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-31 15:55:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:

inorite
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-31 16:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Bots... bots killed my family.

As for people with 2+ accounts? You don't even want to know.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kitheren
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kitheren
By Leviathan.Kitheren 2011-03-31 16:36:17
Link | Citer | R

People that are unable to use them or cannot afford them get upset about them. I used to and then I just stopped caring. I'm not gonna let you botting bother me and make this game less fun for me.

Yeah, it's considered "cheating" but you know what? These days, a lot of people bot. So we're all kind of on even ground now days, huh?

If you wanna spend some odd $3000 on a program to help you claim something in a game, go for it. You obviously have enough money to throw around then more power to you. I don't and that doesn't matter to you so why should what you do matter to me?

You can't stop them from botting. You can't stop them from buying gil. So yeah, these days I don't care if anyone bots :P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-31 17:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drblade said:
A rule of thumb when I started playing this game years ago - don't worry about everyone else and worry about yourself. You'll be happier.
^ This, or the grass will always seem greener on the other side.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-31 17:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Only issue I have with "Harmless" bots (Curebot, and fishbot for example) is when their smug owners think they can declare something a "solo" when using a bot. It's not a solo, it's, for lack of a more polite term, cheating (Call and ask a GM if you're unsure), so long as you don't try to lord your leet gambit setting skills over other people, I got no problem with those kinds.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-03-31 17:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Someone compared it to using streroids earlier. I think its more like going hunting in a zoo then saying "***im the best hunter ever! i killed a polar bear and a giraffe with one bullet! hell why doesnt everyone hunt this way. Jeez that guys (zookeeper) really mad at me, wudafux his problem. He is prolly mad cuz hes not a good hunter like me."

When i hear arguments like "its just better! i dont have to put up with mistakes or other peoples ***" what i hear is

"its just better! i dont have to have skill to play well"
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-31 18:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Only issue I have with "Harmless" bots (Curebot, and fishbot for example) is when their smug owners think they can declare something a "solo" when using a bot. It's not a solo, it's, for lack of a more polite term, cheating (Call and ask a GM if you're unsure), so long as you don't try to lord your leet gambit setting skills over other people, I got no problem with those kinds.

^ This.
[+]
 Ifrit.Genzousou
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Genzousou 2011-03-31 19:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Usually I never comment on these kinds of threads, but personally I don't have issues with people who bot. I am not so innocent myself since I use AH, the Wiki, and the Windower to help my gaming experience.

I can see both sides of the argument and I am not going to say anyone is wrong or right, but I do see their points/arguments:

The majority of whom I have talked to that hate bots are usually those who want a fair playing ground all around. They like the challenge of the game and can't justify using tools to further their experience. Usually the majority of these users are PS2 and Xbox users though I have met some PC users that feel this way.

Those who like bots find their ease of use to enhance their gaming experience. They love playing the game but have a reason to use said bot; i.e. spending more time with the family/school/work etc.

There are some people I know who use a bot for different reasons:

One person I know has a serious social disorder, but they love the game, but they prefer to do a lot of the things in game solo or with a cure bot. It also allows them the opportunity to enjoy the game without a lot of interaction from a linkshell or having to deal with the drama of one. Granted they may be missing out on HNM and some end game stuff, but they don't seem too hurt by it.

Another person I know, uses one because they also love the game, however can't be on the game all the time because of medical conditions and the pain it causes from sitting in one place too long. However it's the only thing they can do and/or find enjoyment in (i.e. is a hobby) because they have no family and it helps give them some happiness, don't like to watch TV all the time, and can't work. So while they sleep/rest, they have the bot running.

I am not trying to justify people's actions for using a bot however, most people that I have run into that do use a bot, are very nice and considerate people that have different reasons for what they do. Not all bot users are "out to get people" or try and make people upset. (Though I have met a few ***.) What I do think is people should be more open to listening to others before they are so quick to judge. (Whether they agree or disagree with someone's actions.)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Niusha
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-03-31 19:56:11
Link | Citer | R

claim bots were the only thing that made hnm camping tolerable... it's way too frustrating/boring without them... the exception is packet bots, using those was just unfair

i can see how they'd be nice for playing multiple characters

i personally don't use anything now, but i don't care if someone else does
 Bahamut.Drevin
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2011-03-31 20:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ifrit.Arawn said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Ifrit.Arawn said:
Why do you bot though? Is it because you can't get a group with a healer to do things with you? Is it because you failed to claim against somebody else who HAD to be a botter and you wanted to level the playing field? Is it because you think everyone else should be botting and you're just leading by example?
Why would I need another person, who leaves room for error/they could be an idiot or a total ***, when I can level my mule's WHM or RDM and run a bot so they're *always* there when I'm there, AND removes a lot of room for error? (Not to mention I don't have to worry about *** ragequiting over a drop)
Because that was the original point of MMORPGs, to play with other people.
people like playing whm?
I like playing my whm when I am not surrounded by complete morons. And seeing how whm is a very key part of abyssea I find myself on whm alot.

holy jesus i agree with zor. WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO

edit: about the whm part D: i bot the hell outta everything, but i really could care less what people think, it's done for convenience, not cus i can't do stuff >_>; (though, my claim bots suck and I usually can out claim them with the char that doesn't have it up <_<;, cus I get bored and put one char with bots up and one without to see who gets the claim first :D)

and really, i think that's why most people use bots, not because they're incompetent, but because they just don't wanna do things the "hard" way. It's not really hard, it's just annoying as ***. Yes, i wanna sit there and trade something one at a time to an npc, that sounds really fun. I can understand why some people don't like bots, since xbox and ps2 people can't use them, but if your computer can't run xi in 2011, it's time to get a new computer. If you can't pay for a computer that's able to run xi you have more problems than me using a bot. Granted, that's only a valid argument for people who can't use bots. About the elitist asshat part, I know i'm an elitist asshat. If you can't do something and/or are geared worse than my mule, all i have to say to you is:

stop sucking and put a little effort into a job before you take it out of your mog house, or just don't do stuff with me and save everyone a buncha trouble :D

BUT, there are those people who just suck and can't do anything so they decide to use bots.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-31 20:24:22
Link | Citer | R

.dat swaps are totally screwed up too
How dare people customize visual graphics for their own enjoyment
[+]
 Caitsith.Albelnox
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-03-31 20:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

inorite.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-31 22:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Sometimes... I think you try too hard.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-31 23:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of .dat swaps

How do i find out the .dat for Kikoku and kannagi? XD
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-03-31 23:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Spellcast is a bot
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-31 23:42:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-03-31 23:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Of cuz
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-03-31 23:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I remember someone raging about the first PW kill was complete hax because people used vent to beat it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-01 00:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Spellcast can be set up to be a pretty good bot for some things!
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-01 00:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Is there a bot that will make me cake? :O I would totally support this bot x:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7