Forum » FFXI » General » Region Control
Region Control
 Kujata.Kenada
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2008-03-10 09:41:33
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering if it was viably possibly for 1 character can make the difference in taking over a region? Given that person has unlimited resources and levels 9 jobs 1-15 in one region for 1 week and trades as many unused equipment as possible.

I realize this is highly unlikely but just wanted to hear what people think.
 Ifrit.Ravahan
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2008-03-10 10:09:19
Link | Citer | R

The wiki says that its possible to "force" a conquest tally by trading 10 mil in equipment, I believe, to the outpost dude. So if they truely had unlimited resources, sure!

Now, as far as one person leveling making a difference, sure... but one person won't win the talley all by their lonesome. Think about it. If you leveled 9 jobs in gustaberg from level 1-10, you'd be doing the same as (modified for your nation not being in control) 15 bastokans going 1-10. So, that's very signifigant! ... But it won't win the talley. You need to get a /group/ of people together, and the more XP you get per fight the more reigon points you get. I've long fantisized about getting an alliance of level 1 people killing 200 XP mobs 1-10 in saruta or gustaberg to take the reigon for that very sexy outpost quest... But I've never materialized it, of course.

However, if several individual people were to try to level in an area to take it, while they themselves wouldn't do it, several of them, by themselves, could take the reigon. Its like how people try to say that one vote doesn't count... But when 100,000 people don't vote because their one vote doesn't count, that adds up!

Hope that helps. For more info, check out the wiki on conquest.
 Kujata.Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2008-03-10 10:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Cool thanks, that does help plenty.

I've been suggesting to other San'Dorian players to meet up in Windy or Bastok and try to take over that region or possibly starting up an LS designed to take over regions. Mainly for the OP warps.

It'll make traveling a lot easier and be useful for the crafters!
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-03-11 11:49:53
Link | Citer | R

You know, my linkshell is mostly windurst, and we've been thinking about this, as well... Wouldn't it be cool if the whole server could actually make an agreement to allow the other cities to take over each others' areas? Like, for one week, Bastok will be able to have Ronfaure, Windurst will be able to have Gustaberg, and San d'Oria will be able to have Sarutabaruta. XD
 Kujata.Kenada
By Kujata.Kenada 2008-03-11 12:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Actually thats not a bad idea at all. Instead of just getting one nation to join together, we could get all three nations to work collaboratively in order for all players to have access to each beginning region. It could be a huge massive migration over a two week period, everyone will benefit from the gains.
 Hades.Kittyneko
Serveur: Hades
user: Kittyneko
By Hades.Kittyneko 2008-03-18 05:41:49
Link | Citer | R

To set this up is kind of.. impossible ^^;
Kill mobs with a bunch of friends and trade some old equipments should usually do the trick. Don't forget Signet, and don't play in partys/alliance x.x but solo. With PL perhaps! No more lv1 jobs. lol
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-03-19 15:20:15
Link | Citer | R

I've seen JPs organize the "outpost trading" so that Win/Bas ppl can get Ronfaure and San/Bas ppl can get Sarutabaruta (though the Gustaberg thing never happened because everyone just teles to E.Altepa and escapes from Korroloca) - and yes it has actually happened on several servers including mine (or I wouldn't have my Saruta outpost warp that I have now as a Sandy girl). I suggest shouting in Jeuno and/or Whitegate intermittently (like 2 or 3 times every 6 hours or so) starting at the beginning of the week (that would be Sunday for us, Monday for them) with autotranslators terms... something like

[Outpost][Warp][Trade?] [East Ronfaure]>>[Windurst] [West Sarutabaruta]>>[San d'Oria] [please][Help me out!]

and if enough JPs catch on, they'll spread the word among themselves as well that there is a movement for a outpost-warp region trade, and people who haven't gotten the warp already (or changed alliances since the last switch) will be more than glad to help.

Before you say it's impossible, try to get the entire server involved!
 Hades.Kittyneko
Serveur: Hades
user: Kittyneko
By Hades.Kittyneko 2008-03-20 03:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Somehow, that sounds kinda cute what you said ^^;

But well, it might work, try it on your server and tell us the results :P If it works out, other people might be motivated to do so
 Phoenix.Ladyjazz
Premium
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Ladyjazz
By Phoenix.Ladyjazz 2008-03-24 03:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Well the Blue Iron LS an "All Bastock" LS on Phoenix just "Hard Targeted" Ronfure and took it over during the last day of EggFest.

I'm from Bastock and have had the Ronfure OP for several years, so it has happened before on Phoenix.

However, newer players from Sandy are freaking out though and saying it is all criminal/bad/unfair and people should be banned, and have been making GM calls against some of the folks in the LS that took Ronfure over!

So there is a new awareness on Phoenix about regions and I still need Saruta OP after all these years so hopefully that will happen soon.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1045 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2011-02-01 15:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Just a bit of nostalgia... how far we've come as a game.
[+]
 Siren.Mallicard
Serveur: Siren
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-02-01 15:51:12
Link | Citer | R

Great, Necro Bump war has started.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-01 15:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Heh heh oops.
 Siren.Mallicard
Serveur: Siren
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-02-01 16:21:16
Link | Citer | R

While we are on this topic.

I would love to get region Aragoneu sometime. I think its the only one I never got. I have always been a Sandy Loyalist so I don't plan on getting it for other cities.

If you are interested in getting this region this week, send me a tell in game and I will let you know what you can do to help.

Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-02-02 12:54:29
Link | Citer | R

That skull aways make me smile.... And WOW 1045 days necro bumping is impressive...
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-02 12:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes. my old LS leader on ragnarok took over ronfaure on her own. Just traded hundreds of thousands of crours worth of gear to the OP dude. :/ Id just have sold it to NPCs and maw warped to there instead of worrying about OPs