Rumor: New Quick Draw Shots ?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rumor: New Quick Draw shots ?
Rumor: New Quick Draw shots ?

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

So, my boyfriend heard this /shout in Whitegate the other day, and someone was claiming that SE is releasing new QD abilities.

Aquilo('s?) Shot - Bind
Auster('s?) Shot - Gravity

and I guess other such ones as...

Pluto('s) Shot
Apollo('s) Shot
Vulcan('s) Shot
Terra('s) Shot
Neptune('s) Shot
Jupiter('s) Shot

Thoughts? Evidence? I couldn't find anything, but maybe I over-looked it.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-19 14:25:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Until I see a semi official announcement or semi-legit dat miners of a future update, I call BS on it. But a COR can dream right? That would be soooo cool to inflict our own status ailments without the need of them being casted before to enhance them.

Bind & Gravity Shots along with Light Shot...

Can you imagine how easy it would be to solo ***? ._.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-19 14:37:37

I never got the hang of soloing on Corsair. Maybe I suck but I always had a rough time. Do you just QD kill and resleep like a BLM would or do you actually melee and /nin it up?

As far as anything I've tried/heard about, its Quick Draw kiting.

Either;

A. Put on Crimson Cuisses/Skadi's Boots/Hermes' Boots and run while kiting a mob.
or
B. DMG Shot -> Light Shot -> repeat.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-19 14:39:40
Link | Citer | R

With movement speed (w. legs or H. sandles) you can just kite most mobs by never stopping. Use QD only as damage and use gear blinks to cancel the animation of QD so it doesn't cause you to pause.

I think I actually would prefer a "Pianissimo" move for COR, over new shots.

Need something for the mages that insist on humping the DD's or tank.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-19 14:53:13

Indeed, I would love to have a singular target roll JA. This way PLDs can keep their refresh rather than having to cluster *** with the mages or being stuck with melee buffs all the time. Although to make it work they would have to count this as a completely separate roll so we're not stuck waiting 1 minute each time.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-19 14:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Aledecia said:
Aquilo('s?) Shot - Bind

Pluto('s) Shot
Apollo('s) Shot
Vulcan('s) Shot
Terra('s) Shot
Neptune('s) Shot
Jupiter('s) Shot

Obviously made up, for the time being. All it takes is one look at LV51 staves on the AH to realize you could sub the word "Ice" for the word "Aquilo" and make it sound cooler and more powerful. Not only is there nothing in the .dats, SE hasn't said anything about it, and besides those two, what other possibilities are there for obtaining said info?

Artemicion said:
Although to make it work they would have to count this as a completely separate roll so we're not stuck waiting 1 minute each time.

I'm thinking they could do something like they did with SMN with Blood Pacts. You have one timer for AoE buffs and another for single-target buffs. Both on a 1-minute reuse timer.
 Bahamut.Alastair
Serveur: Bahamut
user: alastair
By Bahamut.Alastair 2009-03-19 16:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Aledecia said:
Aquilo('s?) Shot - Bind

Pluto('s) Shot
Apollo('s) Shot
Vulcan('s) Shot
Terra('s) Shot
Neptune('s) Shot
Jupiter('s) Shot

Obviously made up, for the time being. All it takes is one look at LV51 staves on the AH to realize you could sub the word "Ice" for the word "Aquilo" and make it sound cooler and more powerful. Not only is there nothing in the .dats, SE hasn't said anything about it, and besides those two, what other possibilities are there for obtaining said info?

Artemicion said:
Although to make it work they would have to count this as a completely separate roll so we're not stuck waiting 1 minute each time.

I'm thinking they could do something like they did with SMN with Blood Pacts. You have one timer for AoE buffs and another for single-target buffs. Both on a 1-minute reuse timer.

i agree addin new QD to a job that is good as it is, is pretty stupid + no affence but if he thought those new shots bind/grav as those names were real. well they need to learn to research equipment properly. i'll give you one thing Single target roll WOULD be nice but not practical the recast on PH is 1min so would be pointless. and if you will the roll foryourself or 1 person just get them to move to a side or to the back.

We figured it was probably JUST a rumor, but in the off-chance it was true, I figured I'd see if anyone knew anything. ^^

SE would have to totally re-do timers and such I suppose if they gave COR a Pianissimo-type move. Its too bad BRD's get short recasts, and we have to wait 1min.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-19 18:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Aledacia said:
Its too bad BRD's get short recasts, and we have to wait 1min.

I don't think it's too bad. It's the only thing that BRD has on COR. COR is better for pretty much every other reason. And even though COR has a long recast, the buffs also last 2.5x as long.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-19 19:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Rowland said:
The risk they take in adding new abilities to old jobs is cancelling out new jobs.

A bunch of the advanced jobs are just combinations of other jobs but have their own set a skills to make them seem "unique"

I.E. Cor = Brd + Rng or Pup = Mnk + Other pet job (drg,bst,smn)

Pup... equals monk.. PLUS drg/bst/smn.

Said by a true lv 1 pup..

{Thats interesting.}
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-19 20:12:56
Link | Citer | R

Alastair said:
is pretty stupid + no affence

Was I the only one to "lol" at this?