Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 21:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Other than the whole melee blm thing... and ya know kasha doing alot more dmg.

I'd much rather redo ice trials than be forced to melee doing such small AOE dmg then having to tp up again lol

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-27 22:10:21
Link | Citer | R

is there some reason you act like people are stupid when you mention outside of abyssea, but actually are talking about doing the trials inside abyssea?

you can make your staff if you want, i personally wouldn't bother. i also don't have cataclysm :(
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-27 22:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Cause if you had switched staffs you would've just finished the mobs off with the spells? Or the fact you don't have to wait almost a min per ws... cause even at 80 I was doing bigger groups than that solo for my other staffs outside of abyssea?

In the end all you said applies to every other staff. Except you don't have to set sea daughter which totally *** with your recast timers and lowers your dmg of your nukes signifcantly. Don't have to worry about resist can just throw a smaller nuke at them. Don't have to wait on tp. Don't have to worry about staff changes. Don't have to stand on top of the mobs so if you do end up needing to sleep less danger.

It might not be "hard" but then again you can argue nothing in the game is. Doesn't mean it's not significantly more effort and risk than all the other dmg staffs cept light I guess for the least gain.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 00:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Actually just realized I accidentally erred in Yamas favor for cata.

Trial staffs are actually factored at the same time as + element dmg while HQ/NQ staffs are seperately. Keep forgetting that /sigh

So assuming using only cosmos yama +2 is actually only a 21% increase in dmg meaning even at 200% (or effectively 200%) martial would still win :)
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-28 02:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ok to clear some things up...

1. Base dmg doesn't do ***to magical ws. Instead it uses lvl+2 where weapon dmg would be. So martial knife is just as good.

2. magical ws don't use fstr. They use fint where fstr normally would be or some dstat factor with a multiple that is calculated after ftp. Supposedly some ws might have neither but I've yet to see testing that was conclusive. Obvious exceptions are of course spirits within and atonement[

If those two might be in my direction, I should mention when i was discussing STR being capped, It was in regards to your Melee Damage phase only and that The TP Bonus+100 Fusetto would be better in DoT but thats mostly moot since Most of your Damage would be from the WSs, where they'd be equal.

If those Aren't, then Ignore everything I said and go back to doing whatever Dasva's do in their free time :D
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-28 03:17:09
Link | Citer | R

im not entirely sure how complicated this is O_o

tp+100 weapon and wear mab gear O.o
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 07:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
If those two might be in my direction, I should mention when i was discussing STR being capped, It was in regards to your Melee Damage phase only and that The TP Bonus+100 Fusetto would be better in DoT but thats mostly moot since Most of your Damage would be from the WSs, where they'd be equal.

If those Aren't, then Ignore everything I said and go back to doing whatever Dasva's do in their free time :D
It sorta was I didn't really consider that because brewing your melee dmg isn't going to matter. When you are doing 30k ws every 6 seconds an extra 30-40 or so dmg on your melee hits (yes I did do the math on it) is pointless. Especially for the effort to do it and prevent you from doing the +ws dmg one.

Speaking of + ws dmg one... you'd actually do more dmg with that and replacing ultimate with smiting blow. I mostly didn't mention it cause it's alot of effort for just a small increase to brewing.
 Ragnarok.Grimace
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-28 07:49:20
Link | Citer | R

I've brewed a couple NM mostly Shinryu, I don't think I ever stacked on any MAB or TP Dagger, I can imagine it would benefit a bit. The biggest thing is if you are brewing an NM make sure you are patient and not weaponskilling at a time where it will heal the NM, like when it is using a TP moves.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 07:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah forgot.. if you made it the tp bonus earring should be good too. Like another 6-7% dmg for aeolian
 Lakshmi.Andromida
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Andromida 2011-03-28 08:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Anything with MAB, INT, DEX, Wind bonuses, I'll show you my gear set when I get home, its not that good yet though.

Atmas: Baying Moon, Gales, MM or RR depending on my mood

I have made a Kila +2 with MAB+10 and INT+9 which I am really pleased with. I had started on a second but stop because I'm next for Twashtar
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-28 08:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Andromida said:
Anything with MAB, INT, DEX, Wind bonuses, I'll show you my gear set when I get home, its not that good yet though.

Atmas: Baying Moon, Gales, MM or RR depending on my mood
Not sure if you read the OP but he wanted brew setups for dnc. Not general aeolian edge setups.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-28 11:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Relevant suggested improvements since my post:
1) INT/MAB Kila +2 offhand
2) Furin Obi when applicable
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-31 16:03:08
Link | Citer | R

I'll toss in another. Soil Gorget is probably better than Ugg Pendant with 900+ MAB.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 16:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I'll toss in another. Soil Gorget is probably better than Ugg Pendant with 900+ MAB.
Definitely. Though pretty sure it's been mentioned a few times. I know I did at least. Ugg would be like .7-.8% to dmg. Any of the ws gorgets that work with it would be 2.4-3.6%
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 18:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Slight rerail to the derail. Just tested it and cata definitely doesn't use some dstat factor. Didn't bother to test if it was fint or the nothing I hear some have but haven't seen real adequate testing on. But for the purposes of brew it's just as lame.

Vidohunir does use dint with a 2 multiplier outside of ftp however. However that whole MAB is a stat mob is BS. And the int mod is only 25%. *** wiki can't even get a 3 year old ws right