Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS
 Bismarck.Nalien
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-03-27 17:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else with weak eyesight tried playing with one of these?

It feels like my eyes are having aids, regardless of the glasses being on or off.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 18:07:15
Link | Citer | R

I have bad eyes and I'm ok as long as my glasses are clean.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-27 18:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
I have bad eyes and I'm ok as long as my glasses are clean.
aye here too.

btw the Samurai Warriors Tile animation i swear looks like FFX Yuna using a spear =X that or a WHM w/ a spear
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 19:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Rayman is just as awesome as I remember, except this time it's 3D. Splendid <3 I so wanted to buy more than 1 game but meh, I'll wait for my paycheck. I ended up getting the system + the game and a reserve on OoT for $199 with my DSi trade in and powerup rewards bonuses.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 20:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Also:

Omg
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-27 20:06:29
Link | Citer | R

My game just froze =( Just as I was about to win the battle damnit ;-; FML
 Asura.Ashleh
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-28 08:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
My game just froze =( Just as I was about to win the battle damnit ;-; FML

Does that happen often? =/
 Shiva.Ninaa
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-03-28 16:52:33
Link | Citer | R

If anyone cares, Amazon has a couple promotions going on, 25$ off a 3ds game when you buy a 3ds console.

They also gave me a choice of a free accessory, they have a short list of ~6 items, all under 10$, I am not sure if this promotion is still going on though, may have been for preorders or something, the 3ds page only mentions the game credit.

Also giving a 10$ credit for a second game when you buy one. Not sure when the promotions end.

I don't mean to advertise for Amazon, and I don't know what other stores are offering, but thought I would share, 25$ off a game was nice after dropping 250$ on the system...

My system was delivered today but I am stuck at work until 8 :(
 Sylph.Quiznor
Serveur: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-28 17:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nalien said:
Has anyone else with weak eyesight tried playing with one of these?

It feels like my eyes are having aids, regardless of the glasses being on or off.

I had to adjust the intensity of the 3D down to pretty low,even though I have excellent eyesight (dont wear glasses) otherwise I felt like my eyes were gonna burst
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-28 17:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Meh, I find that the $50-$100 for trading in your old DS system for the 3DS is the best deal really, unless some place is giving 2 free games with the purchase of the console.

As for game freezing, I haven't had it happen yet. It doesn't sound terribly common, but who knows. I think it may be game-dependent.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-28 19:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Ashens is awesome.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-28 19:15:02
Link | Citer | R

I hear 3DS's have been breaking. Also, no good games out so *** it until June.
By Mataniah 2011-03-28 19:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-28 19:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Played around with a 3DS this afternoon, was kinda impressed but unless I can somehow come up with $175 I won't be getting one any time soon.
 Hades.Medjai
Serveur: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-03-28 19:30:59
Link | Citer | R

\
Mataniah said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
rayman 3d your comment is flawed =/
By Mataniah 2011-03-28 19:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Medjai said:
\
Mataniah said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

lol XD

Not a Rayman fan myself =P

http://www.lazygamer.net/rayman-3d-hits-the-3ds/

EDIT: Wanted to add more
 Hades.Medjai
Serveur: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-03-28 19:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Mataniah said:
Hades.Medjai said:
\
Mataniah said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
lol XD Not a Rayman fan myself =P http://www.lazygamer.net/rayman-3d-hits-the-3ds/ EDIT: Wanted to add more
there are some good games for the system but yea not many to pick from but thats with launch of a new console in recent memory the original xbox was the only system with a real "winner" of sorta when it came to launch titles and that was Halo
By Mataniah 2011-03-28 19:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Medjai said:
Mataniah said:
Hades.Medjai said:
\
Mataniah said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
lol XD Not a Rayman fan myself =P http://www.lazygamer.net/rayman-3d-hits-the-3ds/ EDIT: Wanted to add more
yea not many to pick from but thats with launch of a new console

Yep. xbox, ps3, wii. waited a long while for ps3 and wii before getting these two systems. same with psp also.

I think 3ds is setting a new standard. sucks sony came out with pspgo already. would of been neat to see two hand held systems be 3d ready and go to battle with each other.

at this rate for the 3ds and since SE likes to re-release the classic FF's. I hope to see a 3d ff for the 3ds.
By Mataniah 2011-03-28 19:48:29
Link | Citer | R

In matter of fact, waiting for a new FF MMO to be played in this fashion http://www.internet3d.org/
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-28 19:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Medjai said:
\
Mataniah said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Rayman sucks, I'd rather play Nintendogs & Cats.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-28 20:38:47
Link | Citer | R

And this is why you don't buy a console at launch.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-28 20:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Lol, he can't even turn it off.

What's up with the seriously terrible launch titles? It seems like Nintendo thought that 3D without glasses was enough to get people to buy a 3DS so they just skipped out on making decent games for it. The only games I'm pseudo-excited about are the Animal Crossing title and the unnamed Shin Megami Tensei title. It's a bummer too, because the 3DS has so many neat things going for it... it just doesn't seem like Nintendo is really utilizing it's full capabilities, but it is only a few days after launch, perhaps things will get better. Unfortunately, I can see developers totally bypassing all that 3D nonsense and making games for the 3DS that just play on it's graphical power and other gimmicks, like the gyroscope and what not. Despite that, the 3DS will probably be as popular as the Wii and it certainly seems like it's going in the same direction as the Wii... gimmicky without any decent titles to its name.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Serveur: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-28 20:58:01
Link | Citer | R

I must be old fashioned but isnt 3-d supposed to mean lifelike images "popping" out of the screen at you? Scenes/images where you instinctively reach out and brush an digital image away from your face? Sure it superimposes an image overtop a real background but a picture of a 3d object is still 2-d. Idk...maybe im not geek enuf to get it or stupid enuf to dish out $250.00 for it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-28 21:02:11
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo consoles haven't been good for hardcore gaming in this recent generation, let's face it. Taking the 3DS for what it is, a fun family friendly console with sprinkled "hardcore" games throughout and some neat applications, I totally feel like I've got my money's worth.

Sony's NGP is the same type of gimmicky nonsense, touch screens ooo. I expect it to be well over 250 bucks too. :\
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-28 21:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Nintendo consoles haven't been good for hardcore gaming in this recent generation, let's face it. Taking the 3DS for what it is, a fun family friendly console with sprinkled "hardcore" games throughout and some neat applications, I totally feel like I've got my money's worth.

Sony's NGP is the same type of gimmicky nonsense, touch screens ooo. I expect it to be well over 250 bucks too. :\

Probably a lot more than that, considering it's supposedly going to be as powerful as a PS3... but that could be all hype. The NGP seems a tad bit more gimmicky than the 3DS, still. Wtf is up with a touchpad on the back of the handheld? How many games are going to utilize that? One?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-28 21:11:51
Link | Citer | R

The touchpad could be good. I had touchpads when I'm trying to surf or select things because my hand is in the way, if it makes it so I can do it without it I'm all for it.

if the NGP is anything like the PSP in terms of games library I'll pick it up.

Same for the 3DS when a few new games come out on it.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-28 21:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The touchpad could be good. I had touchpads when I'm trying to surf or select things because my hand is in the way, if it makes it so I can do it without it I'm all for it.

if the NGP is anything like the PSP in terms of games library I'll pick it up.

Same for the 3DS when a few new games come out on it.

Then there better be an "on/off" switch so you don't accidentally screw ***up when you're holding it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-28 22:18:05
Link | Citer | R

But yeah that's the major NGP vs 3DS argument I see. "3DS IS ONLY A GIMMICK". Yeah, k.

In any case, I look forward to the 3DS library fleshing itself out. I already have OoT and Star Fox preordered.

On a side note, I find that holding Start+Select while starting a DS game in compatibility mode loads it in its standard definition which alleviates any pixel problems that people are complaining about. Really shows the difference in the size of the screens, too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-28 22:18:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking forward to a fleshier library, I'll pick it up at that point.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-28 22:28:31
Link | Citer | R

The speakers are really low quality I have to add. They hiss and sound tinny in any sort of crescendo in the music. Aside form that the hardware's pretty good. I haven't had failures yet but who knows, might happen. Hoping it won't though.