Future BLU Spells?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Future BLU spells?
Future BLU spells?
First Page 2
 Fairy.Zeotah
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user:
By Fairy.Zeotah 2009-03-18 21:58:38
| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

This one's for all the blue mages out there.

If you've poked around in AltanaViewer, you would see that there are a number of unused spells in the "Blue Magic" section that have been there for a good while. So the other day I got to thinking how a few of these might be implemented in our case.

Goblin Rush: Three-hit attack + knockback. Could be a mid-level upgrade from Bludgeon or something.

Final Sting: Bees love to use this when they get low on HP. Possible single-target version of Self-destruct.

Dream Flower: Used by those damn mandragoras while leveling in the jungles and during a part of Apollyon. Upgraded Sheep Song probably, not that it would need one.

TP Drainkiss: Like our MP Drainkiss, this comes from leeches. This one could potentially revolutionize how the job is played. However, don't expect this one to be cheap MP-wise, and it wouldn't surprise me if it weren't available until the 60s or 70s.

Aerial Wheel: Ranged stun move used by orcs. We get melee and magic-based stuns, so why not a ranged one too.?

Pandemic Nip: Used by the gnats in the past areas. Single-target damage plus transfers enfeebles to its target. This could be an incredible solo spell, especially against imps with that damn amnesia.

Airy Shield: A move used by those of the ahriman family. Makes caster immune to ranged attacks. For us, it would probably reduce damage by a decent amount, but not all the way to zero.

Magic Barrier: Another ahriman move. BLU version of Rampart would be my guess.

Bubble Armor: Sahagin move that applies shell. No telling what tier of shell that would be in comparison to the white magic spells.

Shell Guard: Defense boost move used by Quadavs. Upgrade to Cocoon, perhaps?

Everyone's Grudge: Staple Tonberry move featured in several of the past FF games. Since the damage from the attack is based on a person's tonberry hate, it wouldn't surprise me if this functioned similar to the Paladin WS Atonement, where enmity played a part in damage. With all these defensive spells, this could work as an interesting BLU tanking spell.

Mortal Ray: Doom? Not no way, not no how!

So what other enemy TP moves do you think we should get?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-18 22:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Spike Flail =D Hey I can dream, right?
EDIT: On second though, imagine trying to learn that spell x.x
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-18 23:17:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Shell Guard is worse than Cocoon. Steal it with V-Trunk, and you'll see it doesn't give as much as Cocooon does.

I think a ranged Stun would make kiting ridiculously easy c.c
That, or make any mob worth kiting immune to stun c.c
 Fairy.Antigone
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-03-18 23:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Throat Stab ftw :p
 Siren.Anmorata
Serveur: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-03-19 00:02:05
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see a spell that you learn from Pixies... yeah I know, that means you have to kill them...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-19 00:14:09

BLUs certainly need a much better "Terror" inflicting spell. The one from hippos takes too long to cast and the duration is too short to make it even worth using ;/
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-19 00:17:30
Link | Citer | R

How about "Ore Toss" count it as a "Ranged Attack" spell for piercing damage... I've been killed by that spell vs. Quadavs in Basty Campaign areas way too many times. It'd be nice to dish that out.
 Odin.Arnor
Serveur: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-19 02:42:05
Link | Citer | R

battery charge off of magic pots.. something like a refresh to get blu some MP back :D
 Hades.Katas
Serveur: Hades
user:
By Hades.Katas 2009-03-19 03:20:40

We get spells from almost every mob in the game except the ones I am aware of such as;

Mimics
Gnats: Insipid Nip
Wivres: Demoralizing Roar
Pixies:
Detectors: Electrocharge
UFOs: Many useful
Chigoes; None atm, SE would have to make one
Black Mandies: Photosynthesis
Lobison: Plenilune Embrace
Orobon: To many possible good choices
Chariots:
Gears:
Empty Family;

4am cant think of anymore thought I know there is some. Post your ideas or any mobs left out
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-19 03:49:49
Link | Citer | R

That AoE Slow+Potent Haste from Gnats would be nice... Would I have to convergence and diffusion that?!? Lol

Goblin Rush
Fang Rush
Chomp Rush...So many "rush" spells but we needz moar multihit spells.

That paralyze candle move moblins do would be nice. We need a low cost form of para.

Can't really think of anything else.
What they could do instead of new spells is fix old ones.
Asursan claws needs to suck less.
Lower Mp cost to diamondhide.
Lower spell casting time to jetta as was said earlier.
I would love it if we could remove the gaze properties to yawn, but then SE would have to change it for the mob too I suppose.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-19 05:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Lobison they gave us asuran claws from lol though i dunno if that counts for anything lol
as for spells i was kind of disappointed in the WoTG spells.. i just hope they give us some useful spells next time they bring some out.. as for UFO spells i cant think of any tp move blu could use that could be dulled down enough for us to use.. not to mention they would probably make the mp cost outrageous.. be like 1k needles lol and probably have less accuracy lol
 Fenrir.Omnitank
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-19 05:32:16
Link | Citer | R

How about Death. Like that Tonberry NM casts.

Hex yea
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-19 05:35:11
Link | Citer | R

We definitely need a new pewpewpew move, death ray just doesn't cut it.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-19 05:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Meteor?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-19 05:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Omnitank said:
Meteor?
Lol, let's hope we all learn that one 1/1 then, there's only so many times I can convince my LS to spam Kings limbus run.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-19 05:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Tell them every Meteor they take to the face is one cookie they will get in thier delivery box.
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-19 08:43:00
Link | Citer | R

If they made Dvergrs,Vampyrs,Wryms,Behemoths,Adamantoises into everyday mobs their moves would be our equalivents to Ancient Magic no? A boy can dream...

Another form of silence not breath or gaze(way to suck SE).
What about that weapon throw Mamools do? Would be nice to see our curved blades fly into mobs faces.
 Pandemonium.Sabishii
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Sabishii
By Pandemonium.Sabishii 2009-03-19 09:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Bleedingwulf said:
If they made Dvergrs,Vampyrs,Wryms,Behemoths,Adamantoises into everyday mobs their moves would be our equalivents to Ancient Magic no? A boy can dream...

What about that weapon throw Mamools do? Would be nice to see our curved blades fly into mobs faces.

Then then we'd lose the sword, I don't think I want to save up for another perdu hanger <.<;
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-19 09:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Sabishii said:
Bleedingwulf said:

Then then we'd lose the sword, I don't think I want to save up for another perdu hanger <.<;

Haha well now that I think about it you wouldn't see the sword anyway it would be like how foot kick is with no bunny. All you would throw is the wind effects.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-19 09:21:46
Link | Citer | R

Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Would make more sense as a BLM spell but I play both jobs so I wouldn't complain either way =D
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-19 09:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Would make more sense as a BLM spell but I play both jobs so I wouldn't complain either way =D

SPOILER
It takes 3 taru BLMs to cast meteor! ^^
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-03-19 10:31:01
Link | Citer | R

As much as I love BLU, I cannot forsee SE giving us any more spells any time soon. If there ends up being an endgame area with WotG featuring brand new mob families, I'd say maybe. But with the current beast families that exist without a learnable Blue Magic spell, I'd say we are SOL. But, you never know. Speculating is half the fun. ^_^

Spells I speculate as Blue Magic possibilities:
Dark Wave - Djinn
Zephyr Arrow - Pixie
Bloodrake - Vampyr
Crippling Slam - Wivre
Seismic Tail - Orobon
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-19 11:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Bleedingwulf said:
Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

SPOILER

I'm Hume ; ;
 Siren.Bungie
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-03-19 20:04:55
Link | Citer | R

there is a znm that does "Hammer-go-round" i think it would be a really cool spell.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-19 22:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Would make more sense as a Time Mage spell but I play both jobs so I wouldn't complain either way =D

Fixed.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-03-20 00:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Citadel Buster is extremely unrealistic, but imagin having it and how much MP it would cost. Not to mention the super long casting time D: Go go Omega and Ultima abilitys!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-20 00:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Azulmagia said:
Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Would make more sense as a Time Mage spell but I play both jobs so I wouldn't complain either way =D

Fixed.

Not sure where you're coming from there, but I never played Tactics (I assume that's where Time Mage is from?). Replace Meteor with Ultima if it would make more sense to you.
 Asura.Twitchiepooh
By Asura.Twitchiepooh 2009-03-20 04:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Bleedingwulf said:
Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

SPOILER

I'm Hume ; ;

I actually like that concept. Having it take more than one character to cast a spell. It would be tight.

The guys would all have to work together if they actually wanted to cast that spell, and it would end with MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

Azulmagia said:
Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Fixed.

GO GO TIME MAGE!
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-20 10:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Azulmagia said:
Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Fixed.

Not sure where you're coming from there, but I never played Tactics (I assume that's where Time Mage is from?). Replace Meteor with Ultima if it would make more sense to you.

Time Mage originated in FFV. In addition to the 12 relic weapons, there were 3 legendary spells: Holy, for White Mage; Flare, for Black Mage; and Meteor for Time Mage. (Summoner got Bahamut, Red Mage got Doublecast, Blue Mage got Lv5 Death amongst other stuff) Time Mage did come back in Tactics, where its ultimate spell was indeed Meteor (though it was unwieldy and took too long to cast in serious usage).

Ultima's never really been associated with any job, per se. The only BLM I can think that gets Ultima normally is Lulu, and even then, any character in FFX can technically get it. In II, where Ultima originated, you could teach it to anyone and you pretty much made your own jobs in that game. In Tactics, Ramza, Luso, and Alma can learn Ultima, but only while set as their unit-specific jobs. In Tactics Advance, BLM doesn't get an Ultima abilty; Sage, Moogle Knight, Assassin, Hunter, and Gladiator do.

Flare's always been pretty much the ultimate black magic spell (which would explain why it's the last AM learned) and FFXI is the only one that actually associates it with the Fire-element. It's non-elemental otherwise.

I think our (BLU's) AM-equivalent is supposed to be 1000 Needles (gogo long cast times and 350 MP cost!) but it unfortunately sucks in comparison. Suppose using it with Elemental Seal or Convergence (BLU ES) would help, but why do that when Disseverment and Cannonball can hit for well over 1000 for a fraction of the MP? ._.

</nerd>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-20 11:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Azulmagia said:
Nightfyre said:
Azulmagia said:
Nightfyre said:
Omnitank said:
Meteor?

Fixed.

Time Mage originated in FFV. In addition to the 12 relic weapons, there were 3 legendary spells: Holy, for White Mage; Flare, for Black Mage; and Meteor for Time Mage. (Summoner got Bahamut, Red Mage got Doublecast, Blue Mage got Lv5 Death amongst other stuff) Time Mage did come back in Tactics, where its ultimate spell was indeed Meteor (though it was unwieldy and took too long to cast in serious usage).

Ultima's never really been associated with any job, per se. The only BLM I can think that gets Ultima normally is Lulu, and even then, any character in FFX can technically get it. In II, where Ultima originated, you could teach it to anyone and you pretty much made your own jobs in that game. In Tactics, Ramza, Luso, and Alma can learn Ultima, but only while set as their unit-specific jobs. In Tactics Advance, BLM doesn't get an Ultima abilty; Sage, Moogle Knight, Assassin, Hunter, and Gladiator do.

Flare's always been pretty much the ultimate black magic spell (which would explain why it's the last AM learned) and FFXI is the only one that actually associates it with the Fire-element. It's non-elemental otherwise.

I think our (BLU's) AM-equivalent is supposed to be 1000 Needles (gogo long cast times and 350 MP cost!) but it unfortunately sucks in comparison. Suppose using it with Elemental Seal or Convergence (BLU ES) would help, but why do that when Disseverment and Cannonball can hit for well over 1000 for a fraction of the MP? ._.

</nerd>

1000 needles gains a 25% boost on beast mobs, with maxed convergence (which supposedly adds 25 macc, but some spells can still be remarkably innacurate) gives a further 25% for a total of 1500 damage. Still, 350mp and stupid cast times are the suck when my heat breath does ~900 and ~1150 with convergence. (plus I might be wrong about 25% bonus on plantoids for 1000 needles, but heat breath on lizards is very nice)
First Page 2