Waltz Gear Swap Macro Help?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Waltz gear swap macro help?
Waltz gear swap macro help?
 Ragnarok.Grimace
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-24 22:03:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm a full time DNC on ffxi, and I don't even use a waltz set... I understand the swap macros and use them for my TP, EVA, and -pDT set (usually for pulling in Cleave parties), however I've always had an issue with swapping my af.

My macro looks something like this:
/equip body "Dancer Casaque"
/wait 1 <- I think i have that
/ja "Curing Waltz" <stpc> <- MY BAD
/equip body "Body Piece"

Anyways what my issue has been is when I use this macro it will, not sure how to put this except, it doesn't work smoothly and is very frustrating when trying to cast critical cures. Sometimes I will have to press the macro a couple times and also have trouble targeting party members.

I play on the PC and was wondering if anyone else has had issues with this swap macro, and if there is anything I could do to make my macro better?

Thanks
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-24 22:06:08
Link | Citer | R

<stal>?
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2011-03-24 22:07:16
Link | Citer | R

its <stal> not <stnpc>
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-24 22:08:03
Link | Citer | R

do you really have <stnpc>? because that will try to cure a mob or something.
 Ragnarok.Grimace
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-24 22:12:10
Link | Citer | R

<stpc>^^^ is what I use, what does <stal> do, is this for alliance?
 Fenrir.Enternius
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-24 22:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Or just use Spellcast, //cw3 grim
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-03-24 22:13:21
Link | Citer | R

<stpc> also works for you/party members. You'll be the first target selected.

Edit: nevermind

Is it the /equip body "body piece" blink that causes the action to be interrupted? If anything, I would remove that line and just hit your other equip macro to put that piece back on.
 Ragnarok.Grimace
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-24 22:18:05
Link | Citer | R

I should have asked my question post ffxi server shutdown, that way I could explain my issue better. It was getting interrupted and the targeting was picky, maybe it was something with the /wait, I can troubleshoot it tomorrow morning.
 Ragnarok.Grimace
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-24 22:24:32
Link | Citer | R

Also when you guys use your waltz set, would you recommend having both body swaps on the same macro, or would you maybe split those up?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-24 22:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Grimace said:
I should have asked my question post ffxi server shutdown, that way I could explain my issue better. It was getting interrupted and the targeting was picky, maybe it was something with the /wait, I can troubleshoot it tomorrow morning.
I use <stal> and i can tell you, you don't need the /wait in there. If the issue is that you are blinking when trying to target, try using blinkmenot.

Edit: I keep them seperate.

Example: I have a seperate macro to swap me into TP set after I waltz/WS.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-24 22:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Grimace said:
Also when you guys use your waltz set, would you recommend having both body swaps on the same macro, or would you maybe split those up?
Or just use Spellcast.

As complex as it looks, it really does some good stuff. I wouldn't play FFXI if it didn't exist, I don't think.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimace
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-24 22:26:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't have that plugin yet! But that might be the solution, I'll let you know in the morning, good night.
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2011-03-24 22:27:38
Link | Citer | R

<stal> will target the person in pt/ally even if they are gear changing/blinking. will even highlight their name if they are out of range/not close enough for a waltz cure.

you are 1st target when using <stal> or <stpc>, the /wait is messing up your targeting

Never used <stpc>
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-24 22:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Grimace said:

It's the wait when you're switching to dnc af body, you are targeting yourself with <stpc> and then blink when you equip the af body thus losing the "target."

So either, use windower with blinkmenot and can keep <stpc>(dunno why) or use <stal>
 Lakshmi.Pandabeary
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amara
By Lakshmi.Pandabeary 2011-03-24 22:28:12
Link | Citer | R

It's because you have the gear swap in there, when you go to do the <stpc> the arrow targets you, then because of lag, you gear swap and lose your target. Making you have to hit the macro a 2nd time for it to go through. Using <stal> or <stpt> works just like blinkmenot windower plugin, gear swaps don't affect your targeting, and with a controller you can use the up/down arrows to change targets. I'm unsure about PC/Keyboard and using the up/down arrows or not to scroll through your party/alliance list.

When using <stal>(able to target everyone in alliance) or <stpt>(target your party only) you will notice a tiny arrow beside the player's name you're targeting in the party/alliance list while in combat or out of it. As well with <stal> or <stpt> if you're not engaged whoever you have targeted when you hit the macro is who will be targeted in the party list, doesn't automatically target yourself. So if you're in a situation where you know 1 person (tank) will be taking the majority of the dmg, you can just have them targeted to begin with. If in battle then it automatically targets you and can go up/down from there on who needs cures.

<stal> and <stpt> at least while using a controller, works better then blinkmenot(if you use windower) since that plugin has a tendency to crash even with the updated versions of it. Damn thing was the bane of my existence till SE gave us this fix for targeting.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimace
By Ragnarok.Grimace 2011-03-24 22:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Alkalinejoe, thanks for pointing me to that blinkmenot plugin. Just reading the commands and it allows other players to not blink as well, will be amazing for WHM.

Panda, that is exactly what was happening with me and the macro, I didn't know that <stal> overcame this, it was very frustrating when trying to heal party members. I now have a reason to finish my waltz set, thanks for helping me resolve my problem everyone, and have a great Friday.
 Lakshmi.Pandabeary
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amara
By Lakshmi.Pandabeary 2011-03-24 22:35:25
Link | Citer | R

<stal> and <stpt> are a lot better and should be in your macros already anyways.