CASKETS SUCK!
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:05:25
Link | Citer | R

ok i really dont mind them and i think cracking the combo is kinda fun BUT WTF! a copper ore , potion, or headgear ??? what a waste of my time and dangerous when trying to pop one open and a gob decides he wants to get to know you better.WHY even bother when 99percent of the time ill get a crap item i end up npc'ing anyways these thing should drop something nice each time, otherwise why even lock them! coolest thing i got was lvl 15 pants but i have no jobs @ 15 anymore >.<
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-18 11:08:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Lmao same here.
Spent like 10min on one just to get a chunk of rock salt. c.c
 Cerberus.Jiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-18 11:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Then.. dont open them?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-18 11:08:47
Link | Citer | R

They depop after like.. 3min >.>
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-18 11:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Jiko said:
Then.. dont open them?

Jiko beat me ;-;
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-18 11:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Jiko said:
Then.. dont open them?

Jiko beat me ;-;

I had you in mind when posting though Woo! :p
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:13:42
Link | Citer | R

you guys are quick ! maybe i wouldnt open them if i knew i had no chance at some of that pretty gear but 1 percent chance is better then zero, but still very frustreting . its easy to say "just dont open em" but a little harder to come up with something constructive i guess >.>
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-18 11:14:46
Link | Citer | R

should be potions and ethers and such, temp snk oil and prism powders are a waste, crappy low lvl gear is a waste.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-18 11:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Dmnone said:
WHY even bother when 99percent of the time ill get a crap item i end up npc'ing anyways

You started it!
 Asura.Yotevol
Serveur: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-18 11:15:39
Link | Citer | R

I like the Caskets.
I want to get those items.
Unfortunatly, I've only gotten the sneak pots and other garbage.
I'm pretty good at cracking the code in about 30 seconds to 1 minute.

What I get a bit upset about, is when an exp party doesn't give me the 15 seconds to crack the code.
They get all upset about it.
However, when I do, and it's a hi-pot for the tank, he's really happy about it.
Same goes when I find refresh juices for the mages.

<,< ;

~Yote
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-18 11:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Dmnone said:
you guys are quick ! maybe i wouldnt open them if i knew i had no chance at some of that pretty gear but 1 percent chance is better then zero, but still very frustreting . its easy to say "just dont open em" but a little harder to come up with something constructive i guess >.>

If you dont have "anything that low", then why bother opening the caskets to begin with?

I mean, if you're running around V.Dunes, and you know the pants are going to be worthless for you, then why bother opening, then whine, ***, and moan when you get ***.. or in your case, whine, ***, and moan cause you cant use it?

I think its about time you laid down your pot, and learned to use what brain cells you havnt killed off yet..
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:19:04
Link | Citer | R

started what? a rant? lol nothing to get your panties in a bunch over just venting maybe youve had better luck with caskets then i have tho and cant understand why it bugs me so much beside this post alone but my shell in the top linkshells box and thats cool *** sh!t lol weedaholics ftw! SS
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-18 11:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Dmnone said:
started what? a rant? lol nothing to get your panties in a bunch over just venting maybe youve had better luck with caskets then i have tho and cant understand why it bugs me so much beside this post alone but my shell in the top linkshells box and thats cool *** sh!t lol weedaholics ftw! SS

User submitted image
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:21:01
Link | Citer | R

lol @ JIKO whine *** and moan? lol that was an example but yeah i see your point >.> ill save my comments and rants for one word post whoring
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-18 11:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Dmnone said:
lol @ JIKO whine *** and moan? lol that was an example but yeah i see your point >.> ill save my comments and rants for one word post whoring

Have fun with that.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:23:39
Link | Citer | R

word!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-18 11:24:33
Link | Citer | R

I let the brown caskets depop. There is nothing in them at all that interests me. The blue ones are instant items and refresh, potions and regen drinks etc are pure win.

If SE actually put stuff worth while in the brown caskets then maybe I would take the time. As was stated above, spending 2-3 minute for rock salt or an insect wing? LOL No thanks.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:26:57
Link | Citer | R

wow a polite insight full reply /salute it must be the beard
 Fairy.Mykoto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-03-18 11:34:17
Link | Citer | R

lol, in W. Sarutabaruta there is a firefly gun in those caskets, which I have been farming for my lvl 4 cor... I won't level it higher till i get that gun. I spent 3 hours farming that darn gun with my 75 blm, just ran around one-shotting everything w/ aero 1. Brown casket dropped only like 7 times, twice I couldn't unlock it, and 5 times it was nothing but junk >.>;

I had an LS friend tell me he's done the exact same thing before, and still can't find it either. /sigh I'm never gonna find that gun...
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-03-18 11:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Tavlov said:
should be potions and ethers and such, temp snk oil and prism powders are a waste, crappy low lvl gear is a waste.

Herder's subligar is not crap. The gear isn't bad, it just has it's uses.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-03-18 12:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Jiko said:
Dmnone said:

If you dont have "anything that low", then why bother opening the caskets to begin with?

I mean, if you're running around V.Dunes, and you know the pants are going to be worthless for you, then why bother opening, then whine, ***, and moan when you get ***.. or in your case, whine, ***, and moan cause you cant use it?

I think its about time you laid down your pot, and learned to use what brain cells you havnt killed off yet..

You should take your own advice in the forum context, also maybe cleaning the sand from your vag might help.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-03-18 12:09:26
Link | Citer | R

Littledarc said:
Tavlov said:

Herder's subligar is not crap. The gear isn't bad, it just has it's uses.

I have the Herder's and Phlegethon's, both of which I use on drg since there's a lack of good pants until later.
 Unicorn.Grimjow
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2009-03-18 12:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm I guess I can understand how this could frustrate some people. My thoughts on the chests are as follows.

Know the (1% drop) before you even bother opening it. Wiki has full lists of each zones respective chests and the percents as well. (not 1% BTW)

Specific Monsters in each zone seem to have better Brown Casket drop rates than others. (In the Zones that mattered to me it was as follows.)

Xarcabard-Lost Souls with Scythes
Behemoth's Dominion-Lost Souls with Scythes
Qufim Island-Clipper
Rolanberry Fields-Ochu's and Berry Grub.

Simply put if you realy care about a item in a certain chest go as a 75 and walk through the zones (and the OMFG scurry GOBS!!!)

While in Xarcabard I got three 30k Greatswords and a 30k Gun not to mention countless other drops I either NPC'ed or solo for profit.....

How is this bad again?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-18 12:29:33

I do agree that some rewards via brown caskets need to be tuned up for something more worthwhile for using our logic to open them. Copper ore and insect wings just aren't legitimate prizes for using our brains to even bother with em to begin with. I'd like to see more consumable potions and maybe even food or a handful of certain ninja tools or ammo, etc. Just an idea~
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-18 12:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Dmnone said:
dangerous when trying to pop one open and a gob decides he wants to get to know you better.

lol
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-18 12:51:11
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
or a handful of certain ninja tools or ammo, etc. Just an idea~

A Toolbag (Shihei) would do it for me=)
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-18 13:01:50

I already got a stack of echo drops just from opening up so many brown caskets, which is nice to save a few thousand gil, but it'd be nice to see more variety. Even if only in handfuls I'd like to see arrows, bullets, bolts, ninja tools, meat, sushi and mage food, etc. Any consumables that are frequently used to help take some burden off our gil pouches for what we typically buy in heavy frequency.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-18 16:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Serbzook said:
Jiko said:
Dmnone said:

You should take your own advice in the forum context, also maybe cleaning the sand from your vag might help.

QQ moar prz?
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-03-18 17:08:27
Link | Citer | R

It's Square Enix.

You're seriously surprised?
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-03-18 17:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Dmnone said:
coolest thing i got was lvl 15 pants but i have no jobs @ 15 anymore >.<

Level Sync. You can have this. At least now you won't have gimped AF.

Dmnone said:
BUT WTF! a copper ore , potion, or headgear ??? what a waste of my time and dangerous when trying to pop one open and a gob decides he wants to get to know you better.

So you have a date and a gift!? How sweet. I think the Gobby will kiss you on the first date.
First Page 2