Just Figured Out The Plot For FF8..

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Just figured out the plot for FF8..
Just figured out the plot for FF8..
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2011-03-22 19:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
OP obviously couldn't decide whether to use this image:

Or the one he chose if his photobucket is any reference.

Viewed their photobucket pics and man.... Who woulda thunk their level of troll.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 19:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm looking forward to XIII-2 simply because I think they might fix what made XIII bad.

Namely lack of towns and sidequests.
I like the way you think Flion, optimistic.

But knowing SE I'm not too sure... look at out the canon-titles tied to a FF game. Dirge of Cerberus, FFX-2, etc.
They were all considered horrible games.

...not that I hated them. In fact I had a lot of fun with Dirge of Cerberus and had quite a bit of fun with FFX-2. But knowing SE, some way, somehow, they'll screw up something I think.

And then we'll all go back to the "ugh this game sucked" trend.

Maybe, but I'll still buy it I guess. I was made optimistic by the way they announced it

"The principal setting of the game will be different from the original game but the original game's world will still be in the game. The game's battle system will be a further evolution of the "Command Synergy Battle" (CSB) system first used in the original game. It will fix and address issues and make areas that were already considered good even better. There will be a feature that allows the player to control the difficulty of battles.
The development team is also investigating the possibility of giving something to players who have save data from Final Fantasy XIII."

Also:

"The story of the game takes place directly after Final Fantasy XIII and follows on from the -Episode i- novel which was released with the international version of Final Fantasy XIII. Unlike Final Fantasy X-2, which had a more cheerful and humorous feel than Final Fantasy X, the overall tone of the story of Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be darker and more mysterious than the original. Motomu Toriyama, the scenario designer, said that considering Vanille and Fang are gone and the world is in a state where Cocoon had fallen, there's no way for the new story to be totally peaceful. Yoshinori Kitase, the producer, has said the story will have the serious feel of a true numbered entry in the Final Fantasy series."
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-22 19:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Well that certainly sounds interesting ... hope SE will make a good game out of it =)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-22 19:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm looking forward to XIII-2 simply because I think they might fix what made XIII bad. Namely lack of towns and sidequests.
I like the way you think Flion, optimistic. But knowing SE I'm not too sure... look at out the canon-titles tied to a FF game. Dirge of Cerberus, FFX-2, etc. They were all considered horrible games. ...not that I hated them. In fact I had a lot of fun with Dirge of Cerberus and had quite a bit of fun with FFX-2. But knowing SE, some way, somehow, they'll screw up something I think. And then we'll all go back to the "ugh this game sucked" trend.
Maybe, but I'll still buy it I guess. I was made optimistic by the way they announced it "The principal setting of the game will be different from the original game but the original game's world will still be in the game. The game's battle system will be a further evolution of the "Command Synergy Battle" (CSB) system first used in the original game. It will fix and address issues and make areas that were already considered good even better. There will be a feature that allows the player to control the difficulty of battles. The development team is also investigating the possibility of giving something to players who have save data from Final Fantasy XIII." Also: "The story of the game takes place directly after Final Fantasy XIII and follows on from the -Episode i- novel which was released with the international version of Final Fantasy XIII. Unlike Final Fantasy X-2, which had a more cheerful and humorous feel than Final Fantasy X, the overall tone of the story of Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be darker and more mysterious than the original. Motomu Toriyama, the scenario designer, said that considering Vanille and Fang are gone and the world is in a state where Cocoon had fallen, there's no way for the new story to be totally peaceful. Yoshinori Kitase, the producer, has said the story will have the serious feel of a true numbered entry in the Final Fantasy series."
Intriguing :o But no Vanille makes me a saaaad panda.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-22 19:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm looking forward to XIII-2 simply because I think they might fix what made XIII bad. Namely lack of towns and sidequests.
I like the way you think Flion, optimistic. But knowing SE I'm not too sure... look at out the canon-titles tied to a FF game. Dirge of Cerberus, FFX-2, etc. They were all considered horrible games. ...not that I hated them. In fact I had a lot of fun with Dirge of Cerberus and had quite a bit of fun with FFX-2. But knowing SE, some way, somehow, they'll screw up something I think. And then we'll all go back to the "ugh this game sucked" trend.
Maybe, but I'll still buy it I guess. I was made optimistic by the way they announced it "The principal setting of the game will be different from the original game but the original game's world will still be in the game. The game's battle system will be a further evolution of the "Command Synergy Battle" (CSB) system first used in the original game. It will fix and address issues and make areas that were already considered good even better. There will be a feature that allows the player to control the difficulty of battles. The development team is also investigating the possibility of giving something to players who have save data from Final Fantasy XIII." Also: "The story of the game takes place directly after Final Fantasy XIII and follows on from the -Episode i- novel which was released with the international version of Final Fantasy XIII. Unlike Final Fantasy X-2, which had a more cheerful and humorous feel than Final Fantasy X, the overall tone of the story of Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be darker and more mysterious than the original. Motomu Toriyama, the scenario designer, said that considering Vanille and Fang are gone and the world is in a state where Cocoon had fallen, there's no way for the new story to be totally peaceful. Yoshinori Kitase, the producer, has said the story will have the serious feel of a true numbered entry in the Final Fantasy series."
Intriguing :o But no Vanille makes me a saaaad panda.

No fang either, She was the best :<
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 19:20:54
Link | Citer | R

It's okay, the 100% cutscene this time will be a lesbian scene.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-22 19:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It's okay, the 100% cutscene this time will be a lesbian scene.
We can only hope? :o
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-22 19:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Did OP kill themself yet? Pics pls
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-22 19:39:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently replaying FFXIII for the 100%. It's a terrible game... It lacks the depth and intrigue that was accustomed to the FF experience. For the first 10 chapters, it's all about getting from point A to point B with nothing special or interesting in between. The game looks pretty but that's about all it does. The voices/script for the dialogue is terrible at times. Vanille constantly sounds like she's about to orgasm as she's fighting/interacting. The secondary characters in the story seem like they'd be more interesting than some of the main characters. SE really didn't think this game through very well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 19:50:17
Link | Citer | R

I'd disagree strongly, but then I have a very wide taste in games. FF13 felt very different to any other FF, but it was a change I embraced. It was more of an experience than an adventure and I can understand why that would not satisfy everyone. I found it very entertaining throughout.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-03-22 19:51:49
Link | Citer | R

I want more exploration personally :/ Just doing the storyline can be pretty boring, even if it's a good story.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-22 19:52:52
Link | Citer | R

FF8...good times!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 19:53:57
Link | Citer | R

I find if I'm given choice of too much exploration in a game when there's a compelling storyline, I tend to just skip it for the present and continue on :p
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-22 19:56:02
Link | Citer | R

What good qualities do you think the game has? I can't find much that's really worth praising about the game. It's basically a prettier rehash of 10 with less ground to cover and less interesting.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-22 20:02:50
Link | Citer | R

This is probably true. And about the disc thing, idk sort of fishy but i'm a trust and verify on that one. dude/dudette has anger problems.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-22 20:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sandolphon said:
This is probably true. And about the disc thing, idk sort of fishy but i'm a trust and verify on that one. dude/dudette has anger problems.
Anger problems or metal illness?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-22 20:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Anger problems or metal illness?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Eh...both of those things.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 20:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sandolphon said:

I'm pretty sure you're the same person.
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-22 20:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

L-o-***-L! Not the first time I've gotten that on a forum before! It's like you can't agree with someone who has an unfavorable opinion or you're accused of being the same person as them.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-22 20:09:32
Link | Citer | R

It's him...
[+]
 Siren.Balias
Serveur: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2011-03-22 20:10:33
Link | Citer | R

This thread is the equivalent of watching a 2 yr old kicking and screaming and throwing stuff in a grand attempt of gaining attention. We are not amused...
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-22 20:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Balias said:
This thread is the equivalent of watching a 2 yr old kicking and screaming and throwing stuff in a grand attempt of gaining attention. We are not amused...
Well you guys gave him/her six pages of attention before I even showed up in this hell hole.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 20:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
What good qualities do you think the game has? I can't find much that's really worth praising about the game. It's basically a prettier rehash of 10 with less ground to cover and less interesting.

Characters are developed quite well. Sazh in particular is a very strong character with a "realistic" kind of appeal. People often point out Snow as a counterargument here but I don't feel he's a poor character;

Snow is guilty for causing the death of Hope's mother and losing Serah and so essentially covers it with a wall of bravado. He is portrayed as a fairly simple (not as in unintelligent but not complex) character whose goals are very simple (save Serah/Cocoon, be a hero) - a contrast to the more complicated questions faced by the team as a whole. Are we Ragnarok - destroyer? Will we destroy or save Cocoon? Is it so wrong to destroy Cocoon? I believe his name is meant to represent both innocence/purity and also simplicity: snow is (generally) a single colour and this reflects itself in his outlook.

The soundtrack is strong and emphasises the whole experience well, with battle and upbeat themes in particular manifesting themselves more often than in previous installments of the series. Saber's Edge is a masterpiece.

I think the atmosphere was convincing. I felt like a hunted fugitive when playing the game, constantly beset by foes and weary through unending battle. Even ignoring most of the game, that moment when you first walk onto The Archylte Steppe, under this glorious azure expanse of sky and feral beauty; the fragile yet beautiful world you are trying so badly to save suspended in the free skies - is amazing.

I could go on but yeah. Really enjoyed it.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-22 20:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

Characters are developed quite well. Sazh in particular is a very strong character with a "realistic" kind of appeal. People often point out Snow as a counterargument here but I don't feel he's a poor character;

Snow is guilty for causing the death of Hope's mother and losing Serah and so essentially covers it with a wall of bravado. He is portrayed as a fairly simple (not as in unintelligent but not complex) character whose goals are very simple (save Serah/Cocoon, be a hero) - a contrast to the more complicated questions faced by the team as a whole. Are we Ragnarok - destroyer? Will we destroy or save Cocoon? Is it so wrong to destroy Cocoon? I believe his name is meant to represent both innocence/purity and also simplicity: snow is (generally) a single colour and this reflects itself in his outlook.

The soundtrack is strong and emphasises the whole experience well, with battle and upbeat themes in particular manifesting themselves more often than in previous installments of the series. Saber's Edge is a masterpiece.

I think the atmosphere was convincing. I felt like a hunted fugitive when playing the game, constantly beset by foes and weary through unending battle. Even ignoring most of the game, that moment when you first walk onto The Archylte Steppe, under this glorious azure expanse of sky and feral beauty; the fragile yet beautiful world you are trying so badly to save suspended in the free skies - is amazing.

I could go on but yeah. Really enjoyed it.

ta-da!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 20:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

L-o-***-L! Not the first time I've gotten that on a forum before! It's like you can't agree with someone who has an unfavorable opinion or you're accused of being the same person as them.

Both in the same shell and you used an image from his photobucket yesterday.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-22 20:24:30
Link | Citer | R

The way he writes his responses is the same too. Look at the guy's posts in the "Is FFX-2 canon?" thread then look at the posts in this thread. Same guy.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-22 20:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Both in the same shell and you used an image from his photobucket yesterday.
Wait...what? Yah we're in the same shell, that's easily proven but what picture?
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-22 20:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
The way he writes his responses is the same too. Look at the guy's posts in the "Is FFX-2 canon?" thread then look at the posts in this thread. Same guy.
xD Can't stop lol'ing. Thank you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 20:27:40
Link | Citer | R

'Hair is a bird' picture. Also the fact that you never post the same time, there's always at least a 3 minute gap.

Add the fact that he's probably a mule as he's only got one 90.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11