Sell Your Witch Sash Before Augmenting Armor Patch!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sell your Witch Sash before Augmenting Armor patch!
Sell your Witch Sash before Augmenting Armor patch!
 Unicorn.Sedres
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2009-03-18 04:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Winterlight said:
All I have to say to this is: Am I glad I leveled cooking!

All the unlucky crafters of gear will wind up being poor and destitute on the mean streets of Al Zahbi and Jeuno!

I wonder if there will be an augment that puts "Will work for gil" on the chest of your character...

How'd you work that one out? If anything people are going to be requesting pieces they can augment, which opens a bigger market for those crafters...
 Hades.Jabbathehutt
Serveur: Hades
By Hades.Jabbathehutt 2009-03-18 04:33:21
Link | Citer | R

another thing of note here and something that may be nice is because AUG gear is untradeable or AH sellable it will more than likely mean that your AUG gear even if it is a hugher qualiy can't be stolen as a result of being hacked by a third party as thay can't be traded or sold. and even the best items in the game arn't NPC sellable for more than 12k if thay are at all.
 Asura.Riddick
Serveur: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-03-18 04:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Jackel said:
Riddick said:
Lots of constructive comments here. But the bottom line is NONE of you really know what will happen. The pieces are in place for a complete turn in AH values. The same company that owns Ragnarok owns FFXI. Odd that they may do something similiar.... I doubt it. SE doesnt give a rats *** over current AH prices. They only care that people pay to play. No one will leave because of this. But I think I can live with out my nobles and crap for 3-4 weeks till I know for sure. Not like I cant buy the crap back. Just a word to the wise. This has happened before in other MMOs. Say they wont do it. Just say it. Dont cry when your MH value is adjusted from 20 mil to 5 mil.

wtf are you babbling about. Ragnarok...FFXI...? You made a post meant to have people panic, then you say nobody knows what will happen. You talk about "they may do something similiar" ? Yeah, a game that has socket gear (Diablo/WoW ring a bell?)

Ragnarok Online is owned by a Korean company, Gravity Co. Ltd.

Who cares if the value of an item drops from 20 million to 5 million. If people utilize their gear, the AH value means nothing, they aren't selling it. Nothing better then paying the AH tax on a 20m gil item only to have to buy it back IF it does not change.
Who the fuk is babbling dipshit. Look up Blizzard you dumb *** then you will know the connection with ffxi and ragnarok. Panic. Ya right. Im just telling people to use there head. If you sell before patch and im wrong who gives a ***. You can just but your gear back. But if im right you can save a whole ***load of gil. Do your research before you flame someone.
 Remora.Orbit
Serveur: Remora
user: Orbit
By Remora.Orbit 2009-03-18 05:03:00
Link | Citer | R

If they leave out HQ armor from augmenting, we'll see HQs losing value, because the readily available NQs will likely be able to trump them. A HQ which adds 1 more ATT/ACC can easily be trumped by someone adding some STR and DEX.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-18 07:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Riddick said:
Jackel said:
Riddick said:
Lots of constructive comments here. But the bottom line is NONE of you really know what will happen. The pieces are in place for a complete turn in AH values. The same company that owns Ragnarok owns FFXI. Odd that they may do something similiar.... I doubt it. SE doesnt give a rats *** over current AH prices. They only care that people pay to play. No one will leave because of this. But I think I can live with out my nobles and crap for 3-4 weeks till I know for sure. Not like I cant buy the crap back. Just a word to the wise. This has happened before in other MMOs. Say they wont do it. Just say it. Dont cry when your MH value is adjusted from 20 mil to 5 mil.

wtf are you babbling about. Ragnarok...FFXI...? You made a post meant to have people panic, then you say nobody knows what will happen. You talk about "they may do something similiar" ? Yeah, a game that has socket gear (Diablo/WoW ring a bell?)

Ragnarok Online is owned by a Korean company, Gravity Co. Ltd.

Who cares if the value of an item drops from 20 million to 5 million. If people utilize their gear, the AH value means nothing, they aren't selling it. Nothing better then paying the AH tax on a 20m gil item only to have to buy it back IF it does not change.
Who the fuk is babbling dipshit. Look up Blizzard you dumb *** then you will know the connection with ffxi and ragnarok. Panic. Ya right. Im just telling people to use there head. If you sell before patch and im wrong who gives a ***. You can just but your gear back. But if im right you can save a whole ***load of gil. Do your research before you flame someone.

Blizzard is WoW... not FFXI...

Also, comments like "Im just telling people to use there head" make me lol
 Pandemonium.Kield
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-03-18 07:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Miemo said:
As stated above Noone knows what will happen. The only thing we can pressume from seeing the Augmented Items is they turn a blank NQ into a better piece.

Then again suppose you can only use "Blank" Gear. You could possibly (not likely) turn this: User submitted image Into something a lil more useable. As an example this: User submitted image

Im not even close to saying this will happen. But as far as we know it is "possible".

See this is what I was thinking... Noone has mentioned weapons [from what I know] and was something I was thinking would probably most improve from this. I don't think they'll include TP bonus and crit hit rates. Nor do I think they'll include MAB or MACC or Regen or Refresh or Blaze spikes lol.

I don't see there being a new currency for "Aug" gear and I don't see there being any point in selling anything, I only thought that they wouldn't allow +1s to be augmented. But then it would make +1s a little useless, which suggests they may allow both to be augmented. Who knows.
 Odin.Kraytos
Serveur: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-03-18 09:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Riddick said:
The same company that owns Ragnarok owns FFXI.

i thought ffxi was SE's first mmo
 Fairy.Eviljoel
Serveur: Fairy
user: Eviljoel
By Fairy.Eviljoel 2009-03-18 09:35:13
Link | Citer | R

If anything, prices will actually go up. Remember that crafting was mostly done by rmt groups, and since SE has started to eliminate their competition that dosent give them a cut. Lots of RMT crafters dont exist that made our armors/weapons. So when someone realizes they can stack another 5 str and 10 atk onto a hauberk, demand is going to skyrocket. As for thw witch's sash remember that if that can be augmented with +2 more macc and +2 matt, the price is going to see 3 mil easy.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-18 09:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Eviljoel said:
If anything, prices will actually go up. Remember that crafting was mostly done by rmt groups, and since SE has started to eliminate their competition that dosent give them a cut. Lots of RMT crafters dont exist that made our armors/weapons. So when someone realizes they can stack another 5 str and 10 atk onto a hauberk, demand is going to skyrocket. As for thw witch's sash remember that if that can be augmented with +2 more macc and +2 matt, the price is going to see 3 mil easy.

Speaking as a crafter - Alot of the price dumpings was made by us, not the RMT's. 1 character can only hold 7 slots of items on the AH. Hence > Drop price for quicker sales on items normally used for skillups. I dont see this Augment System could either improve or disrupt the availability of theese items. When you craft you are always aiming at the higher tiers - with hopefully a larger chunk of profit. (Not saying everyone does this but most my co-crafters share this oppinion). Add to this people who been using the gear and bought new stuff. Items go back into the market more or less.
 Garuda.Hayabusaa
Serveur: Garuda
user: Hayabusa1
By Garuda.Hayabusaa 2009-03-18 10:21:15
Link | Citer | R

For the people saying you will be able to augment nq ah gear but not hq I definitely disagree. Why would they do something like this? This would make crafting an hq a bad thing. So lets say a crafter is making "X" body armor to sell for profit. Then bam he hits a tier 0 hq! He is like DAMNIT!!! Hq :( an hq is a huge loss since no one buys them. Why buy an hq when you can just augment a nq into something better than the hq? So it would pay to have a low level craft rather than a high level craft or full time the "no hq" crafting rings? Seems like a bad theory to me but it is SE we are talking about...
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-18 10:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Actually there are a few items you do want to have a NQ on - Silver Obi's etc are more or less useless in HQ versions. (The NQ is today actually used as a base for augment - Elemental Obi's)
 Fairy.Winterlight
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-03-18 10:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Sedres said:
Winterlight said:
All I have to say to this is: Am I glad I leveled cooking!

All the unlucky crafters of gear will wind up being poor and destitute on the mean streets of Al Zahbi and Jeuno!

I wonder if there will be an augment that puts "Will work for gil" on the chest of your character...

How'd you work that one out? If anything people are going to be requesting pieces they can augment, which opens a bigger market for those crafters...

HQ prices will certainly go down since NQ gear can now be augmented. Kinda depends on how much you can augment them though. A lot of gear crafters seem to focus on HQ stuff to make money and sell NQ at a loss or breakeven and chalk it up to the cost of doing business.

I'm not sure that people will buy new NQ to augment though. They'll probably try it on gear they already have first. I don't know how many ppl out there hold onto gear they're no longer using though, kind of depends on this.

Augmentation will only introduce more crafters for NQ gear since it's easier to do and in general profits from that gear will probably go down since competition has gone up.

Lastly, I can't remember a crafting update which enriched crafters tbh. Everything SE has done has only nerfed crafters. This augmentation system seems like it's an attempt to reduce prices of HQ and let more ppl produce more NQ gear that ppl will actually want.

In order for crafters to become richer as a result of this update the number of crafters will need to remain the same, which I don't think will happen since the path to more desirable, lower level gear is now easier.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-18 11:09:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure it won't have a drastic effect on the ffxi market, SE isn't a team of 10 year olds, I'm sure they think some things through no? lol
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-03-18 11:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Square Enix said:
Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and valor!

I'm willing to bet that in order to acquire the needed items in order to augment anything will be done so through the exchange of tabs, which we really don't use for much of anything anyhow.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:29:45
Link | Citer | R

ok
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-18 11:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
SE isn't a team of 10 year olds
Hm, I do believe that the person who coded the AH can't be more than 12, however. Everytime it honks at me for not being able to download the data, I throw my television.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-18 12:01:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

lol you
 Asura.Gavvy
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-03-18 12:44:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing it will be statless things/lower leveled gear with small stat bonuses that will be augmentable.

Safe to say, I can't see there being ways to make the current best gear even more superior, it'll just make the cheaper/inferior alternatives more viable.