Is Final Fantasy X-2 Canon?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » is Final Fantasy X-2 canon?
is Final Fantasy X-2 canon?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
X-2 isn't canon because the story *** sucks. Case, closed.

I feel it would be a waste of my time justifying a response to this.

no stuff you don't like isn't canon

that's just how it works

that's why you write fanfic that you DO like and then it's canon
 Phoenix.Amael
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-21 19:47:27
Link | Citer | R

All this discussion about what is cannon and what is not, when all Final Fantasy Games take place on a universe on their own with no connection with each other, except their Direct Sequels/Prequels. Is X-2 Cannon? Of Course. XII Revenant Wings Cannon? Yes. Dirge of Cerberus? Yes. The Years After? Hai!. And on and on.

Cameos are an entirely different thing. Hard to explain how they are in Ehrgeiz and how it fits in their particular universe. Kingdom Hearts at least pointed an explanation on why are they there (in the game).
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I'm done reading this thread. I'mma die if I hear the word canon one more time.

clique
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Because they are native to the game they are in, directly tied into the main storyline?

You must be trying to be this stupid, honestly.

You lose the battle so you start insulting people? Is that how it works? Wow... real mature.

You just can't understand anything out of your comfort zone or blanket box. What's in-game isn't canon, I'm sorry... that's just FACT. Fan-fiction, concept art, and anything else outside of the game is canon. Tidus in FFX isn't canon because he's just a cameo appearance, and so is Squall in FF8 and Kuja in FFIX. What determines which characters are merely cameo appearances is based solely on the viewer and doesn't need any kind of proof to back it up.

No it doesn't.

"A cameo role or cameo appearance (often shortened to just cameo) is a brief appearance of a known person in a work of the performing arts, such as plays, films, video games and television. These roles are generally small, many of them non-speaking ones, and are commonly either appearances in a work in which they hold some special significance (such as actors from an original movie appearing in its remake), or renowned people making uncredited appearances."
 Asura.Sandolphon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Let's make this simple:

All characters/events that occur in a game and its direct sequels are canon unless explicitly stated otherwise (eg alternative endings - which is canon?); if a character appears in a game that is not his native game or its direct sequels, it is safe to assume that it is not canonical to the universe of that character's game, because it is separate from it.
But X-2 isn't canon, we confirmed this.

No, you haven't. X-2 is a direct sequel to X. Not a side game. Direct sequel, unless you'd like to argue the -2 implies something else.
Canon doesn't work like that.
Plus X-2 is impossible. The Fayth get released at the end of X because Sin is destroyed, there's no way they came back and recreated Tidus. Tidus's existence relies on the existence of the Fayth.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Because they are native to the game they are in, directly tied into the main storyline?

You lose the battle so you start insulting people? Is that how it works? Wow... real mature.

You just can't understand anything out of your comfort zone or blanket box. What's in-game isn't canon, I'm sorry... that's just FACT. Fan-fiction, concept art, and anything else outside of the game is canon. Tidus in FFX isn't canon because he's just a cameo appearance, and so is Squall in FF8 and Kuja in FFIX. What determines which characters are merely cameo appearances is based solely on the viewer and doesn't need any kind of proof to back it up.

Do you understand what "canon" and "cameo" mean? Cameo is not a relative term!

To use a slightly different example, Final Fantasies (especially #9 and #12) like to reference previous Final Fantasies. Does this mean all Final Fantasy gameworlds are canonically linked?! No, this is a cameo of sorts.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

To use a slightly different example, Final Fantasies (especially #9 and #12) like to reference previous Final Fantasies. Does this mean all Final Fantasy gameworlds are canonically linked?! No, this is a cameo of sorts.

cameo is characters that aren't in fanfics
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 19:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

canon.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

retard.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

cameo is characters that aren't in fanfics
No. This is cameo.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

canon.

yup
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:51:44
Link | Citer | R

grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-21 19:52:12
Link | Citer | R

All I know is that canon is ruining comic books.

Almost all good cape comics are What If...? stories anyways.

this is why Spirits Within is the bestest comic book ever
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm being badly trolled. Nobody can possibly be this ridiculous...

Quote:
Plus X-2 is impossible. The Fayth get released at the end of X because Sin is destroyed, there's no way they came back and recreated Tidus. Tidus's existence relies on the existence of the Fayth.

Tidus's survival isn't well written. It is however canon. The Fayth do hint that it is possible for him to survive after their destruction (the line is something like "let us dream you a new sea to swim in") and he does get revived at the end of X. The revival scene is just continued in X-2. It is canon in X that he is revived.
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-21 19:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

that's just how it works

Wrong.

You write fan fiction and make an AU because you didn't like how Canon went. Canon is the original and things DIRECTLY linked to it, usually to fill in plot holes or to expand ones bank account by feeding off hype.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10

I'd give them a lower rating, simply because they were actually being sincere initially.

It's only after Raen raped him/her that he/she went "Lol randum XDDDDDDDDD"
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Linear said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

that's just how it works

Wrong.

You write fan fiction and make an AU because you didn't like how Canon went. Canon is the original and things DIRECTLY linked to it, usually to fill in plot holes or to expand ones bank account by feeding off hype.

nuh uh bro canon is whichever one was best in the end

i mean duh
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

Tidus's survival isn't well written. It is however canon. The Fayth do hint that it is possible for him to survive after their destruction (the line is something like "let us dream you a new sea to swim in") and he does get revived at the end of X. The revival scene is just continued in X-2. It is canon in X that he is revived.

I haven't played X in ages so I barely remember.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10

I'd give them a lower rating, simply because they were actually being sincere initially.

oh sorry i didn't read the initial pages so my rating might be skewed :(
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 19:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10

What? Terra has blond hair. Get over it. Not my problem if you can't see ***.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

So...they've been sustaining a Dream Zanarkand for 1000 years and finally get to rest and the first thing they do is decide to sustain another dream for 50+ years. Thats ***. X-2 is written worse than pretty much any fan fiction I've ever seen. WAKKA AND LULU GET MARRY! TIDUS COMES BACK! LOLNOOJ!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10

What? Terra has green hair. Get over it. Not my problem if you can't see ***.

I agree.
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-21 19:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I always saw Wakka in some kind of gay relationship with Tidus. If you're gonna bring him back, do it right FFS. You know Wakka was like "just wait till we get your scrawny blonde *** back to the village, ya? We'll party all night long".
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 19:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10

I agree.

Your sarcasm isn't apperciated.

Frankly, it's pissing me off and I'm about to punch a wall. Terra's hair is completely a make-or-break thing for me regarding FFVI. If Terra's hair is green, then *** FF6. People don't have green hair. It's not natural. If it's not natural it's wrong. PERIOD.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:59:34
Link | Citer | R

I found a fanpic which shows she has green hair and loves cats. This is canon as per your own logic.

Quote:
So...they've been sustaining a Dream Zanarkand for 1000 years and finally get to rest and the first thing they do is decide to sustain another dream for 50+ years. Thats ***. X-2 is written worse than pretty much any fan fiction I've ever seen. WAKKA AND LULU GET MARRY! TIDUS COMES BACK! LOLNOOJ!

He's not a dream when he gets revived. One of the quotes from the final good ending of X-2 is something along the lines of "I'm real this time". I can't remember the exact line but it is very close to that.

I don't think Wakka + Lulu was at all a bad development either... they argued all of the time so they had some chemistry there!
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-21 20:00:06
Link | Citer | R

I try to be funny but FFXIAH *** with my images ==;
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 20:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:

Frankly, it's pissing me off and I'm about to punch a wall. Terra's hair is completely a make-or-break thing for me regarding FFVI. If Terra's hair is green, then *** FF6. People don't have green hair. It's not natural. If it's not natural it's wrong. PERIOD.

Pst, Terra's hardly a "natural" girl. That's kind of the point.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 20:01:21
Link | Citer | R

ok this new feature is kinda annoying :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 20:01:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
grats on 8 pages ash

6.5/10

I agree.

Your sarcasm doesn't properly veil the fact that you're actually frustrated.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 20:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:
apperciated.

i do not appreciate this
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10