FFXI Melee Damage Comparator V5.1.0 (20March2011)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Melee Damage Comparator v5.1.0 (20March2011)
FFXI Melee Damage Comparator v5.1.0 (20March2011)
 Ifrit.Showmo
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 21:37:13
Link | Citer | R

I found an odd error when attempting to equip Excalibur (90) (as well as Ragnorok, and possibly other weapons). I submitted the error at the Google site.
 Asura.Antaress
Serveur: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-03-24 21:53:59
Link | Citer | R

tox, what's that? is there any way to get excel alone without downloading the whole office? i have less than 1GB free on my hd (which has like 39 total, ffxi alone takes like half of it >.>)
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-03-24 21:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Showmo said:
Siren.Kyte said:
I can't seem to get it to actually account for WS; in the output table it's stuck on "No WS!" even when I put one in.
Make sure you're selecting the Weapon Skill from the drop down menu in the main "Compare" tab from the pane that says "WS Play Style" (though I think it can be typed if grammar is exact). Also put in a TP value at 100% or greater for the "Min. WS TP" field, otherwise it doesn't calculate the Weapon Skill at all.

I see where it says "WS play style," but no tab is showing up. It is supposed to be on the 3rd table on the right, correct?

EDIT: Ohhh I have to just type "100%" don't I..
 Ifrit.Showmo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2011-03-24 22:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said:
Ifrit.Showmo said:
Siren.Kyte said:
I can't seem to get it to actually account for WS; in the output table it's stuck on "No WS!" even when I put one in.
Make sure you're selecting the Weapon Skill from the drop down menu in the main "Compare" tab from the pane that says "WS Play Style" (though I think it can be typed if grammar is exact). Also put in a TP value at 100% or greater for the "Min. WS TP" field, otherwise it doesn't calculate the Weapon Skill at all.

I see where it says "WS play style," but no tab is showing up. It is supposed to be on the 3rd table on the right, correct?

Siren.Kyte said:
Ifrit.Showmo said:
Siren.Kyte said:

Yes, after selecting the Weapon Skill, you need to fill in the amount of TP you would normally use the Weapon Skill at (in most cases, 100% TP). The box to fill in your TP should be just below the box you selected the Weapon Skill from.
 Asura.Toxleh
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-03-24 22:14:08
Link | Citer | R

yeah.. get a bigger hard drive lol
 Gilgamesh.Mizzou
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kogafox
By Gilgamesh.Mizzou 2011-03-24 22:33:03
Link | Citer | R

I was playing around with NIN/SAM vs NIN/WAR to see dmg difference and notice that even with 200% TP with Sekkanoki option vs 100% that of /war the value comparison is the same if I had /SAM at 100%. Is Sekkanoki applicable to show SC or even that the player intends to use 2 WSs and not 1 WS?

And when Meditate was used, the dmg did not change. Does Meditate have value in the spreadsheet?

Input for time I toyed with various times ranging from 1 hour to 1 minute and it's noticeable that Sekkanoki and Meditate did not appear to show effects.
 Gilgamesh.Mizzou
By Gilgamesh.Mizzou 2011-03-24 22:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this worth your time, Iga Zukin +1/2 plus Innin (assuming one uses this behind the mob as intended) offers +3 DA which is not expressed.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-24 23:12:04
Link | Citer | R

charis +1/2 is reflecting 2.5%/5% dual wield increase when it's supposed to be 5%/10%. additionally nusku's sash has a 5% dual wield on it ( i noticed you highlighted it)

side note: according t the template dnc/war RR/AO/AOA is better than RR/GH/AOA which is neat.
 Gilgamesh.Mizzou
By Gilgamesh.Mizzou 2011-03-24 23:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Nice! I didn't see Atmas. Where'dya find that option on the sheet?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-24 23:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mizzou said:
you can add them in manually, in the center where it has your stats loaded, you can adjust them, in my case it was

setup1
add cruor buff stats
add dex from AO and RR
add crit rate/crit dmg
add triple attack rate
add haste from AO

setup2
add cruor buff stats
add dex from RR
add agi from GH
add crit rate/crit dmg
add triple attack rate
 Gilgamesh.Mizzou
By Gilgamesh.Mizzou 2011-03-24 23:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Gilgamesh.Mizzou said:
you can add them in manually, in the center where it has your stats loaded, you can adjust them, in my case it was

setup1
add cruor buff stats
add dex from AO and RR
add crit rate/crit dmg
add triple attack rate
add haste from AO

setup2
add cruor buff stats
add dex from RR
add agi from GH
add crit rate/crit dmg
add triple attack rate

True, true. I didn't consider using that section. Thank you!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-24 23:35:17
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mizzou said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Gilgamesh.Mizzou said:

setup1
add cruor buff stats
add dex from AO and RR
add crit rate/crit dmg
add triple attack rate
add haste from AO

setup2
add cruor buff stats
add dex from RR
add agi from GH
add crit rate/crit dmg
add triple attack rate

True, true. I didn't consider using that section. Thank you!
yup this is what it'll look like (another note, apparently twilight dagger isnt coded correctly and the magian daggers both str and dex are losing to auric dagger)

Kujata.Savain
Serveur: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-03-24 23:49:50
Link | Citer | R

That thing is fantastic. I'm not sure how accurate it is (not a programmer), but assuming it's even half decent (which I believe it is) it shows which weapon combinations are the best. I figured there was a parabolic curve for crit hit + crit hit damage + amount of hits and the program basically backed me up. I figured out the optimal TP set for NIN on 95% hit rate monsters and found the point at which kamome and OAT starts being good.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-24 23:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Savain said:
That thing is fantastic. I'm not sure how accurate it is (not a programmer), but assuming it's even half decent (which I believe it is) it shows which weapon combinations are the best. I figured there was a parabolic curve for crit hit + crit hit damage + amount of hits and the program basically backed me up. I figured out the optimal TP set for NIN on 95% hit rate monsters and found the point at which kamome and OAT starts being good.
yeah it's great, shame it doesnt show the complicated things like striking flourish and charis body +2 making ws crit let alone rudra not being an option to use.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-03-25 00:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Question regarding relic AM... Are they automatically figured in when you select them or do I manually need to adjust my haste?

Also, are the ODD AMs added in for Emperians?

Sorry all my Q's are Drk related, but that's what I pretend to be.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-03-25 01:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Attack food is not being applied to offhand on /ws set 2.

Also it seems like the formula you have in tabs /ws 1 & 2 cell J30 are different... Is that correct or does it matter... Not a excel wiz myself.

Kamome's crit hit damage bonus is not applied to Setup 2 of the WS stats table...

Just listing stuff as I find it. (Don't know how detailed you want ppl to dig tbh)
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-03-25 01:57:13
Link | Citer | R

There seems to be a problem with items that enhance Martial Arts, such as the PUP AF3 neck and legs. The -delay is being expressed as a percent- so the -10 Delay on the neck is being expressed as 1000% delay reduction.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-25 02:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said:
There seems to be a problem with items that enhance Martial Arts, such as the PUP AF3 neck and legs. The -delay is being expressed as a percent- so the -10 Delay on the neck is being expressed as 1000% delay reduction.
you can change it, thats what happens when you put 10 and leave the block instead of 10%
 Cerberus.Masamunai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-25 08:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Wow, i didnot expect my tool being so popular o.O
Thank you a lot everyone for your comments, and special mention to ShowMo and Yunalaysca who made perfect reports on site and helped other users on handling some of the tool's features.

I must admit to everyone some things tough:
- i and brimstone didnot touch much the ranged calculations since like v4, kinda low priority compared to fixing bugs and integrating melee things together "accurately" with parses. But this field is still on my to-do list, no worries :)
- Some of you noticed some features are there, but don't seem to induce any change on final calculations. Yes i added as much features i could to get an idea on how to structurate the various tables and variables. But not all are integrated into damage calcultions yet.
For example off memory, it's the case for DNC JAs, Relics/Mythics AfterMaths.
- Equipements/Food/Mobs databases arenot protected: you can add yourself your own stuff. Same goes for Adjustements columns like Yunalaysca explained above: you can correct yourself inaccuracies on raw stats.
- @ Compare tab, i've put a lot of safeguards, like inputing a WS with a blank MinWSTP, or can't find a merited JA if no merit point(s) inputted, or again can't have same job for Main and Subjobs, etc... So please check carefully everything before posting here shouting "BUUUUUG FOUND IT!!" :p
- i highlighted yellow some stuff a bit everywhere: means highly uncertain values due to no proof or unsufficient tests. And still even the not highlited ones i may be wrong. So take care... Best way to be sure on the accuracy is by far parsing yourself and comparing with results displayed from both parser/FF11MDC. Also parsing a meripo-like party (or eyeballed numbers) will be of course totally wrong... need controlled and rigorous parse.
- I've put comments on a lot of cells (little red arrowhead on upper right corner of cell) hoping they would help understanding. Please make sure to check them.

For now, since apparently most important bugs have been fixed, i'll try fixing/adding JAs and delay reduction and integrate them. Relics/Mythics AMs i'll see what i can do but no guarantees. And last thing if i have time, updating the ranged stuff.
Next version might take some time.

Thank you again everyone for your understandings, and "I apologize for the inconveniences" :D
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-25 15:30:33
Link | Citer | R

it's np, we aren't attacking your table, just finding stuff you may have missed so it can be perfected. i know as it is, i will be using it for a long time even if my rng cant take part in the calculations ^^
 Phoenix.Pozcat
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Pozcat
By Phoenix.Pozcat 2011-03-26 01:14:44
Link | Citer | R

I may be missing something obvious but there are no weaponskills under the dropdown menu. I have a weapon selected in both sets but there are just no weaponskill options. I tried to type one in too, but it says what users can enter in these fields is limited (I used exact spelling).
 Bismarck.Brawler
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Brawler
By Bismarck.Brawler 2011-03-28 02:12:17
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm i am having the same problem even when entering a value of 100% tp
 Gilgamesh.Mizzou
By Gilgamesh.Mizzou 2011-03-28 02:17:13
Link | Citer | R

I just wanted to share what I've experimented with so far using the WS average for nin and monk on the spreadsheet and how its been correlating to the game. It's been accurate and precise to what the spreadsheet's been giving me. If you want pic's I got em, but literally, it's amazing how accurate/precise your sheet is. Great work on the calculations!

As far as adding/missing items: Honestly, I like the fact I can manually adjust what I need and delete the items I don't need. (scary thought to see what this file size would be if you did have ALL the items @.@').

Thanks again for sharing the spreadsheet.
 Diabolos.Manicmogwai
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Manicmogwai 2011-03-28 03:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for this excellent resource

I am also having an issue where no weapon skills are appearing in the drop down menu under the compare tab.

I'm using Excel 2002 if this makes a difference.
 Bismarck.Brawler
user: Brawler
By Bismarck.Brawler 2011-03-28 03:53:51
Link | Citer | R

I am starting to think it very well might be, i am using office 2003
 Cerberus.Masamunai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Masamunai
By Cerberus.Masamunai 2011-03-28 07:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Indeed im coding on 2007, but i have also 2003 installed. I'll try to replicate that "no ws appears" bug on either version...
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-03-28 07:21:41
Link | Citer | R

definitely want to use this, however it isnt converting properly with OpenOffice, the free MS Office clone. it looks like all the specific data tabs are loading up the needed info, however all the stuff in drop boxes on the Compare/TP/WS set pages aren't referencing properly, showing as blank boxes. this is for the Gear Section. and the rest of the page is giving codes "Err:502, 504, 512"

any suggestions, aside from stop being cheap and buy MS Office?
 Gilgamesh.Mizzou
By Gilgamesh.Mizzou 2011-03-28 14:58:11
Link | Citer | R

With OpenOffice, which I have used before so I understand your pain, this becomes an issue because certain functions are not crossed over accurately... it pretty much has a unique interface than that of excel. So, I think that's 'bug'ing the spreadsheet.

I too have had issues with newer versions converting to older versions and this sucks. Using the new version, I notice that there is a lag or upload time to allow calculations (including WS options). This can take up to 10 seconds which sets up the notion, this is very much is a sophisticated calculation.

I've noticed similar instances of problems using this spreadsheet on an older version ~ the lag time stops or doesn't start. The issue I conclude is the more quasi-cell calculations, most definitely cross sheet cells, into a particular cell lowered the chance of calculation (or pull down menu). One would think that the calculations would be universal to older versions, but it is not the case. It's not exactly the spreadsheet but versions butting heads. Newer version, better interface and coding from older versions. I think it's just something MS did to annoy consumers into re-buying products but there may be updates that you could get.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-03-28 17:24:43
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the reply. sucks its a compatibility issue and unresolvable. need to get MS Office soon anyway, so will be able to use it soon enough
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-30 02:57:22
Link | Citer | R

This looks like it a converting form an excel sheet.

is there a quick and easy way to do this (xls -> .exe) without being a programmer?

i would love to make my swing calculator into a real program and no just an excel spreadsheet