A plea to all players who level in Abyssea
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Caitsith.Loughry said:
If your goal was to cap parrying, from me to you, I think you'd save time leveling SAM to 90.
Last I checked SAM and THF have the same A- EVA rating. I get that SAM has a B+ translating into -20 eva skill (compared to THF) thus requiring less -eva gear, but again I'd sooner work with what I got.

Leeching SAM to 90 for the task at hand when I already have a job leveled that could do what I intend is just extra work I'd rather avoid.
unless they ninja-fixed it, byrth has led me to realise skilling up parrying at the moment is kind of pointless anyways, if you want to parry something worth while you'd most likely parry at 5% even if your skill was capped.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-14 04:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Yuna, it's just about being blue boxed. Even if it's just 5% of the time, I'd prefer it be maxed out thereby giving me every chance to have a "zomg parry saved my *** back there moment."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-03-14 04:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Although the post might have been a quick jab below the belt, it still holds some weight. I make sure that I don't use a job in a mission critical situation that I've leveled in Abyssea before I know that I'm within an acceptable skill level (sometimes those last .1's just never come).

I too have seen the BLM's that nuke for under 1k, and the ones that use that Sleepga II they just bought for 1M only to have it resisted every time. Do yourself a favor and don't sink gil into a job that you're going to suck at due to your characters under leveled skill. Technically you might know how to play the job, but you're not helping anyone being the only sleeper at a DomOp's party and you're unable to land sleep.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Yuna, it's just about being blue boxed. Even if it's just 5% of the time, I'd prefer it be maxed out thereby giving me every chance to have a "zomg parry saved my *** back there moment."
i can understand the blue box thing, but having it blue'd wont make any difference to it saving your ***, and yeah lol, i've had plenty of those moments.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-14 04:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

i'd give anything up to go back to the days where i was excited when i dinged from 49-50, now it's like "can this go any faster?"

and CoP was actually a challenge and accomplishment, me to...

The game has lost alot of its "YES i did this" feelings since abyssea
and it seems all new updates is removing this more and more

I think the most accomplishment feelings i had was with nations mission and CoP. i remember the promy runs at cap 30 >.< back when dying still meant something.

Today is just 10 mins in abyssas pt

--- edit ---
my first couple of nyzul runs (when it was stil lcap75) had me very excited to
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
Although the post might have been a quick jab below the belt, it still holds some weight. I make sure that I don't use a job in a mission critical situation that I've leveled in Abyssea before I know that I'm within an acceptable skill level (sometimes those last .1's just never come).

I too have seen the BLM's that nuke for under 1k, and the ones that use that Sleepga II they just bought for 1M only to have it resisted every time. Do yourself a favor and don't sink gil into a job that you're going to suck at due to your characters under leveled skill. Technically you might know how to play the job, but you're not helping anyone being the only sleeper at a DomOp's party and you're unable to land sleep.
those people should also afk leech their sch, so they can atleast have a b+ rating skills
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

i'd give anything up to go back to the days where i was excited when i dinged from 49-50, now it's like "can this go any faster?"

and CoP was actually a challenge and accomplishment, me to...

The game has lost alot of its "YES i did this" feelings since abyssea
and it seems all new updates is removing this more and more

I think the most accomplishment feelings i had was with nations mission and CoP. i remember the promy runs at cap 30 >.< back when dying still meant something.

Today is just 10 mins in abyssas pt
lol on my last low-man dyna-xarc run i was bitching cause my rng litterally almost de-leveled from 90 at capped exp, the reply i got was brb 10 min abyssea.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-14 04:31:31
Link | Citer | R

I have personally only aby burned 1 job, sch from 46-90. But with rdm, whm and blm all sitting at full cap 90 way before I even lvled sch I knew it was never gonna be gimp skill wise.

And its fairly decently geared atm, still working on it
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
I have personally only aby burned 1 job, sch from 46-90. But with rdm, whm and blm all sitting at full cap 90 way before I even lvled sch I knew it was never gonna be gimp skill wise.

with the exception of melee skill rating i think the only job you can really burn and not have to deal with bing gimp (outside gear) is sch lol just because you can pull out the arts and call it a day.
By Artemicion 2011-03-14 04:39:51
Link | Citer | R

As long as you show a degree of dedication and consideration for others in the class you play, I couldn't care less how one leveled the job. I suppose my only concern if any would be that one should "enjoy" the progressive nature of leveling up and the adventures and exploration that come with it.
I know Valkrum, Qufim, Yutunga/Yhoat jungles and East Ronfaure S aren't exciting per-say, but they do add a dimension of dynamic gameplay and percepion in how one advances through the game; especially if you take your time to do things within those level frames such as BCNMs and quests targeted for your level range.

Also I like to take it slow to make myself the best I can be for whatever increment I am currently at. I think level 40 was perhaps one of my favorite levels, because I absolutely relished having myself a jujitsu gi, okotes, fumas and whatnot all ready and equipped and rocking in dps in parties and efficiently completing previously mentioned activities.

To bypass that sense of fulfillment and appreciation of the content that lies within what many bypass in the blink of an eye is to me the equivalent of jerking off. Yeah, you did it to feel good, but to what avail? Look at how awesome it could have been if you just slowed down a little?

But alas, I rant. Enjoyment and fulfillment are subjective terms per individual. I just hope you appreciate the game for all it has to offer rather than obsess over Red Sky Fantasy XI.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-14 04:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Skill ups that bad there?? Well on SMN the skill ups were not great. But on WAR it was not bad.
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-03-14 04:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Low manning NM's and the like... for example, Duoing Empousa is pretty much the only thing that gives me self satisfaction nowadays.

COP was also my "I BEAT THE GAME!" moment, hard but worth every step with my friends from SKOV (rip Kujata!).

I wish the Abyssea story was a bit more heavy, could have done so much more~ but what do you expect from a re-skin right? I also have a love hate relationship with primal brew haha.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:46:10
Link | Citer | R

not to mention abyssea killed arrow burns, although..... i think one can still get away with it.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-14 04:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

with the exception of melee skill rating i think the only job you can really burn and not have to deal with bing gimp (outside gear) is sch lol just because you can pull out the arts and call it a day.

Yeah, that's basically why I did it, I wont burn jobs up if it means its going to have the same skill as a lv40 job. If im going to lvl a job its because I intend to use it. And if its gimp at 90 its unusable I think.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-14 09:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Ashaaman said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I actually lvl'd up 2 jobs in abyssea THF and PLD.But I had capped skill due to my other 8 jobs I had before abyssea.The only skill I had uncapped even pre abyssea was staff.
You're not gonna have capped eva on thf from your other 8 jobs... Or dagger, for that matter o.O
She has DNC... Try again.

DNC Evasion B+. THF Evasion A+...
DNC Dagger B+. THF Dagger A-...
Try again.

But, back on topic: Who gives a ***what other players do or how they level their jobs? If they leveled their jobs all the way to 90 "the right way" their skills and whatnot would still be gimped due to level-sync. Most people that I've encountered know how to play their job (for the most part), at least the ones that hang around in Abyssea. If they don't, the longer they hang around in Abyssea and get bashed for being gimp while trying to camp an NM or whatever will probably become motivated to skill up or read some ***about their job.

I don't know where you're meeting these people that you make out to be completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because "they aby'd their ***all the way to 90." Maybe you should find a new linkshell?
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-14 09:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ashleh said:

But, back on topic: Who gives a ***what other players do or how they level their jobs? If they leveled their jobs all the way to 90 "the right way" their skills and whatnot would still be gimped due to level-sync. Most people that I've encountered know how to play their job (for the most part), at least the ones that hang around in Abyssea. If they don't, the longer they hang around in Abyssea and get bashed for being gimp while trying to camp an NM or whatever will probably become motivated to skill up or read some ***about their job.

I don't know where you're meeting these people that you make out to be completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because "they aby'd their ***all the way to 90." Maybe you should find a new linkshell?

This.
And, it's not exactly hard to skill up anyway, the people who complain about it, i'll put off as lazy, or jelly.
 Bismarck.Setsunaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: lvicious
By Bismarck.Setsunaa 2011-03-14 09:34:41
Link | Citer | R

thank god when it's absolutely needed I can depend on my ls friends who have played since 2003 to play their jobs correctly. They wouldn't want to have low skill lvls and play like crap or do horrible damage anyways or just embarrass themselves...

..cause wth is so fun about that plus I'd give them an earful for wasting my time. They have a little more respect for themselves than to pay for a game every month only to look like a mentally challenged asshat. If you are going to play a job a lot and be depended upon to do it right and be useful then learn how.

I've seen people wearing gimpy gear in Abyssea but in alliance pt's for fast xp who gives a ***. I personally want to know how to play my jobs correctly, cap my skills or get close to it but then that's just me.

But if all you do is Abyssea alliance xp then you'll never learn anything beyond the basics. You have to play your job in different circumstances to really learn it fully.

[+]
By sefalon 2011-03-14 10:24:34
Link | Citer | R

I played this game a long time and I remember the grind and how hard it was. Those days are over and my " Good job Great Accomplishment" Period is over and the new changes are pretty cool. One thing I don't agree with here is that only noobs/new people are 1-90 on a new job. Its not like we are adding more and more brand new players. If this game is on easy mode from now on, any decent player can learn there job in a few weeks. Everyone here is guilty of taking advantage of abyssea. There is a hell of a lot more xp 75-90 than 1-75. I leeched my whm 1 to 90. On my mule and I don't need to read up on how to cure bomb with my never ending mp pool so that my main jobs can thrash a nm. I agree that people should learn how to play outside of abyssea for the day some new content is on the horizon. So to sum up my long post let's not pretend that season veterans are not doing the same ***if not more.

If u ever fell asleep at 78 AND WOKE UP lvl 90 can I get a praise abyssea...
 Cerberus.Kiori
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-03-14 10:35:05
Link | Citer | R

I was guilty of this with my sch when I burned it in abyssea, but it quickly capped out in between keywhoring (before the skill up increase)
PUP wasn't so much as easy, but I'm slowly getting there. In abyssea I usually have to do whm pup cause our healers can't keep our group alive, and currently I have all the whm spells.

edit: only thing I'm lacking really is my Dark Magic skill, It will get up three one day.
 Ramuh.Caromie
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Caromie
By Ramuh.Caromie 2011-03-14 10:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Good point. I am gimped on my blm as far as enfeeb skills, and it drives me crazy when I can't even sleep mobs. I am working on it though, when I am not doing more fun things.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-14 12:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
richwood said:
Ashaaman said:
Skill ups in XP gear...? What exactly are you supposed to skill up in? Lol

haste double attack triple attack, evasion -damage to yourself and the mob, War is great because you can use retaliation as well as defender, you get skill up on counter attacks and defender lowers damage by a good amount.

*hugs* i forgive you ^.^

yes exactly this is what people don't get for combat skillups. it NOT about killing the mob. its about hitting it. and killing the mobs = wasting time pulling another.

i bit my lips when people ask me why i use some dmg 4 katana in a skillups pt and then see people spam 1 hit ws with str and atk gear >.<

hey look i don't know if anyone told you but mobs respawn

this means that after you kill one, you are actually able to grab another one, and get some token xp in the process

if you use linky mobs, it's not real hard to line em up for insta autotarget when one dies

of course, judging from your history here, you probably think skilling up on one mob at a time actually qualifies as a good idea, and just get confused at skillup sessions that look like this:

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-14 12:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
While the servers are down, if you intend to continue to play any recently leveled jobs, go to a forum/wiki and do some research about the job itself. The player base will be forever grateful.

Thank you ^^

i'm just sayin is all

but this would be a lot more convincing if your avi wasn't rockin askar head :(
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2011-03-14 12:16:40
Link | Citer | R

No no no, if you level in abyssea, please continue to be lol so we all can continue to get a good laugh. Watching the abyssea players are always good for a laugh or 2. It's always amusing.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-14 12:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo said:
No no no, if you level in abyssea, please continue to be lol so we all can continue to get a good laugh. Watching the abyssea players are always good for a laugh or 2. It's always amusing.

I certainly got a laugh, when leeching my 60 war and had more hp than the 85-90s in altepa.
 Phoenix.Maeya
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2011-03-14 12:29:51
Link | Citer | R

I f'in love this thread.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-14 12:32:31
Link | Citer | R

awsome avatar pic Lakshmi.Schultz!
 Bismarck.Sevati
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Seva
By Bismarck.Sevati 2011-03-14 13:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Heya Eburo surprised to see you here! lol

But yes i know who you speak of sadly. A lvl 90 BST asking what Jug to use because they burned their job from 30-90 then bragging about how many 90's they have is insanity. I have by far more then that and my skill lvls are mediocre at best but in hopes that they will get better in the future with a sponge and some elbow grease on my part and i had 6 lvl 75's PRE abyssea, Two being THF and DRK which because of lack of pt invites were solo'd 60% of the way or i had to make my own parties.

Want to hear something worse? Someone who burns their BLU from 30-90 with only 13 spells to their name... pretty bad. But again the worst ones are the ones who burn their jobs don't bother taking the time to skill or learn the job and then brag about it. I don't claim to be an ubber awesome player but come on use your heads. Why have a lvl 90 that is useless? Way to go Abbyssea generation be proud!
By Henihhi 2011-03-14 13:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Lol Sevati- i think we ran into the same BLU! Can't remember his name but he had abyssea'd to 90, had like 0 spells and came on an nm run expecting to get +2s. No refueling,no headbutt, like not even basic blu spells. I don't mind if people lvl in abyssea, but at least have your basics covered. He didn't even have the ele spells to proc, which was the whole reason he was invited on the run lol.
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-03-14 14:35:35
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Schultz said:
While the servers are down, if you intend to continue to play any recently leveled jobs, go to a forum/wiki and do some research about the job itself. The player base will be forever grateful.

Thank you ^^

i'm just sayin is all

Good point, if the picture wasn't from like.. sheeeeeit... I guess 3 years ago, maybe 2. But I get what you're saying :D
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 14:47:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Schultz said:

Thank you ^^

i'm just sayin is all

Good point, if the picture wasn't from like.. sheeeeeit... I guess 3 years ago, maybe 2. But I get what you're saying :D
town gear yo