First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-13 00:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Shortly before vacation I accidentally deleted my whole DNC macro set. This has prompted me to rewrite both my spellcast and my ingame set, which has added a lot of functionality (like inside vs. outside Abyssea gear sets).

I honestly haven't put a lot of thought into outside Abyssea gearsets in a while and I'd like to know what people's opinions are before I do. Please consider anything an option when responding to this.

1) What is the best Dancing Edge set for Dancer outside Abyssea?
Preliminarily, I propose:
Twashtar(90)/Whatever/___/Thew
Aias/Love/Aesir/Brutal
Charis+2/Ample/Rajas/(Airy/Epona's/Pyrosoul?)
Atheling/Warwolf (CHR+3 and Atk+6 augments)/Tumbler/Charis+2

2a) What is the ideal Rudra's Storm build?
Twashtar (90)/Whatever/____/Charis
Aias/Love/Moonshade (25 TP Bonus/4 Atk)/Brutal
Charis+2/Charis+2/Epona's/Rajas
Atheling/Warwolf (6 Atk)/Tumbler's/Charis+2

2b) Is the ideal Rudra's Storm build different when stacked with Striking Flourish?

3) How does Pyrrhic Kleos stack up, and what would an ideal build be?
Twashtar(90)/Whatever/____/Thew
Aias/Love/Aesir/Brutal
Mirkegon/Ample/Pyrosoul/Rajas
Atheling/Warwolf (6 Atk)/Tumbler's/Charis+2
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 00:53:55
Link | Citer | R

hmmm you'd use atheling for rudra over nifty?

also no ***that's a nice belt.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

It could be better. Maybe he uses omnipotent! Really should state atmas used to get a better picture of comparative goodness of gears. Cuch will still be better in abyssea except with kleos
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:05:39
Link | Citer | R

ITT: atma works outside abyssea
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Oh I thought he said both... meh
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:15:30
Link | Citer | R

lol, also er......... would you not still use cuchie with omni? or am i missing something here?

also uh stacked rudra = negate the need for str from the belt? so use cuch anyways or am i looking at that wrong as well?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-13 01:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:

2b) Is the ideal Rudra's Storm build different when stacked with Striking Flourish?

You probably shouldn't be using rudra's if you are not stacking striking flourish anyways.

Also, I'd think evis is better than DE, even outside abyssea, thanks to all the crit+ gear you can get.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

You probably shouldn't be using rudra's if you are not stacking striking flourish anyways.

Also, I'd think evis is better than DE, even outside abyssea, thanks to all the crit+ gear you can get.
suprisingly even without stacking it, rudra does very well, averages better than evis from my parses.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
You probably shouldn't be using rudra's if you are not stacking striking flourish anyways. Also, I'd think evis is better than DE, even outside abyssea, thanks to all the crit+ gear you can get.
suprisingly even without stacking it, rudra does very well, averages better than evis from my parses.
Considering it has like half the ftp and can't crit that is really suprising.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
lol, also er......... would you not still use cuchie with omni? or am i missing something here?

also uh stacked rudra = negate the need for str from the belt? so use cuch anyways or am i looking at that wrong as well?
Actually I meant the nifty for aethling. Given the higher base dmg from the dex would devalue the nifty dex and it would also imply less or no double/triple attack atmas making the double attack on aethling better

Str shouldn't be completely ignored outside of abyssea. Easy to cap but certainly not without gear on things around your lvl. Stacking doesn't really change that
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
You probably shouldn't be using rudra's if you are not stacking striking flourish anyways. Also, I'd think evis is better than DE, even outside abyssea, thanks to all the crit+ gear you can get.
i cant be assed to dig up the screenies of my 3k rudra's without striking where my evis and DE were doing 1.9k

also i think the mod for it makes up for it, since you can get a ***ton of dex now.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
i cant be assed to dig up the screenies of my 3k rudra's without striking where my evis and DE were doing 1.9k

also i think the mod for it makes up for it, since you can get a ***ton of dex now.
1.9k eviscerations... I am dissapoint. And it helps but shouldn't make up for it. Give me stats and atmas and I could show how even without critting evis should do more.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Actually I meant the nifty for aethling. Given the higher base dmg from the dex would devalue the nifty dex and it would also imply less or no double/triple attack atmas making the double attack on aethling better

Str shouldn't be completely ignored outside of abyssea. Easy to cap but certainly not without gear on things around your lvl. Stacking doesn't really change that
well yeah im not saying its useless, im just merely speculating that criting devalues str a bit.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

1.9k eviscerations... I am dissapoint. And it helps but shouldn't make up for it. Give me stats and atmas and I could show how even without critting evis should do more.
outside abyssea...... ; ;
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
well yeah im not saying its useless, im just merely speculating that criting devalues str a bit.
Only in a round about way. Critting devalues att.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cause parses outside of abyssea matter? Either way stats nao!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Only in a round about way. Critting devalues att.
ah yeah that's where im getting that from. my bad carry on
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

It could be better. Maybe he uses omnipotent!
Stopped reading right there and loled.
Hey dncs using omni can gear in alot more + DW into there tp set. It's actually pretty good
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cause parses outside of abyssea matter? Either way stats nao!
if i could get on i would, im out of town, family member died, funeral soon etc etc. as for gear it's the same as byrths with the exception of still no aias im using a deception mask or w/e gives 6 dex for the time being, and adriot earing instead of moonshade.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 01:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Hey dncs using omni can gear in alot more + DW into there tp set. It's actually pretty good
it's actually a very good atma for dnc, tping in full af3 and nusku is kind of no joke.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 01:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
hmmm you'd use atheling for rudra over nifty? also no ***that's a nice belt.
it's actually a very good atma for dnc, tping in full af3 and nusku is kind of no joke.
Can damn near cap delay reduction with just haste spell :)
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-13 04:24:38
Link | Citer | R

My best unstacked rudras ever was only 3k. and that was with warcry+berserk INSIDE abyssea. No idea how that could be possible outside.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 04:35:01
Link | Citer | R

lower level mobs, was in caedivera mire
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 04:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
My best unstacked rudras ever was only 3k. and that was with warcry+berserk INSIDE abyssea. No idea how that could be possible outside.
Assuming it isn't a mob that takes extra dmg assuming capped pdif... ie fighting EM or lower mob and getting lucky on procs while having lots of att/low mob def. And 2 triple attack procs from eponas capped fstr you'd need 164ish dex at 100%...

I'm guessing someone was fighting mobs that take extra dmg and/or got really lucky with procs AND held tp
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-13 04:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Assuming it isn't a mob that takes extra dmg assuming capped pdif... ie fighting EM or lower mob and getting lucky on procs while having lots of att/low mob def. And 2 triple attack procs from eponas capped fstr you'd need 164ish dex at 100%...

I'm guessing someone was fighting mobs that take extra dmg and/or got really lucky with procs AND held tp
jnun and was before epona's
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 04:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Assuming it isn't a mob that takes extra dmg assuming capped pdif... ie fighting EM or lower mob and getting lucky on procs while having lots of att/low mob def. And 2 triple attack procs from eponas capped fstr you'd need 164ish dex at 100%... I'm guessing someone was fighting mobs that take extra dmg and/or got really lucky with procs AND held tp
jnun and was before epona's
Than even assuming double double attack proc at 100% you'd need 250+ dex to even make 3k possible. Even at 300% and 2 double attack procs you'd need like 160 dex. Of course assuming EM or lower lots of att and getting lucky on the pdif calcs too.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-13 10:14:13
Link | Citer | R

This is all irrelevant to my original questions, but I did a 2.5k Rudra's on Jailer of Temperance with Striking Flourish so I'd believe a 3k is possible on an Imp or something. I wouldn't necessarily believe it's probable without Striking Flourish, but outside Abyssea with capped cRatio crits are only a ~40% increase in max damage. It could just come down to luck.

Maf:
3k/1.25=2.4k
2.4k/8.35=287.5(offhand, 2 DAs, 300TP)
287.5/Base damage=Average pDIF
87 DEX base for Mithra DNC/NIN +69 from gear using my set with Thundersoul instead of Epona's which is 79 base damage from DEX60%, lets give maybe 4 from fSTR, Daka +2 is 47 base damage.
287.5/D130 = 2.21 average pDIF, which is below the 1H cap so possible

I personally see nowhere near 1.9k average for Eviscerations outside Abyssea, and my Rudra's are also generally nowhere near 3k. Losing fSTR hurts Evisceration more than Rudra's (or DE) because Rudra's mods are higher.

That said, does anyone have a suggestion to add for the sets I proposed? (Also, I don't have the belt but know it's a possible augment.)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 01:34:18
Link | Citer | R

found the screenshots, and i will have to say once again the retard hammer wins (sorry), every 3k+ rudra i took SS's of outside abyssea were with striking.

as for the mirkegon body for pk, how does af2+1 body compare?
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-03-14 01:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
found the screenshots, and i will have to say once again the retard hammer wins (sorry), every 3k+ rudra i took SS's of outside abyssea were with striking. as for the mirkegon body for pk, how does af2+1 body compare?

Gimp!!
First Page 2