Linkshell Overhaul
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-06 15:55:28
Link | Citer | R

You may have noticed, the Linkshell portion of the page was redone. Now on the 'Edit Char' screen, there is a drop-down list of linkshells from your server. You can associate yourself with up to four of them. Some people entered incorrectly or misspelled there linkshell previously, you can now join the correct one if you see it on the list. Linkshells with zero people will be removed from the list.

The list is more efficient because it uniquely identifies linkshells by server. This will help when we add linkshell related features in the future. Also, a reminder, you don't need to link your char to SE's Linkshell Community to join a linkshell.
 Odin.Gawayne
Serveur: Odin
user: Gawayne
By Odin.Gawayne 2008-03-07 04:33:13
Link | Citer | R

The order seems to be a bit messed up when using multiple linkshells. After I save multiple linkshells in a specific order, when I re-access the character edit page, it displays the linkshells in reverse order. However, it does correctly show the linkshell I added earlier as #1 as my main linkshell on list pages. But on the edit character page it shows it as #4.

So I assume this means that the order is correctly stored when saving the linkshells, they are just displayed in reverse when the edit character page is loaded again (and therefore saved in reverse when you save a second time). They also seem to be shown in reverse on the character profile page.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-07 15:08:26
Link | Citer | R

There wasn't any order code put in place. I just put some in to prevent this, but this'll mean you'll have to place your linkshells in order again on the Edit Character page and submit it. I'll consider the linkshell in the [ 1 ] slot as a "main" for future reference.
 Siren.Narayan
Serveur: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2008-03-22 14:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Hola,

Noticed LS I use is listed twice? Some who have associated LS with profile work and at least one other character (Burne) doesnt seem to. The LS is MightyMercsII. On my porfile it will list most the people who have associated with it, on Burne's profile it doesnt list anyone it just refreshes his page. He isnt listed in the search either.

Here is the link I get when i click on my LS:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player_search.php?search_q=&sid=17&linkshell=MightyMercsII

(edited the link cause it wasnt wraping and made the whole thread look like ka ka. Link still works tho)

Also >_> the search by server drop down isnt alphabetical, and how do you get to this search page other then clicking an LS name on someones profile lol.

Thanks.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-22 14:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Narayan said:
Hola,

Noticed LS I use is listed twice? Some who have associated LS with profile work and at least one other character (Burne) doesnt seem to. The LS is MightyMercsII. On my porfile it will list most the people who have associated with it, on Burne's profile it doesnt list anyone it just refreshes his page. He isnt listed in the search either.

Here is the link I get when i click on my LS:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player_search.php?search_q=&sid=17&linkshell=MightyMercsII

(edited the link cause it wasnt wraping and made the whole thread look like ka ka. Link still works tho)

Also >_> the search by server drop down isnt alphabetical, and how do you get to this search page other then clicking an LS name on someones profile lol.

Thanks.

Burne is in the LS "MightyMercsll" and your LS is "MightyMercsII", one is using L's and the other I's. Burne has to just join your LS. The reason it just loads Burne's page after clicking his LS is b/c he's the only one in that particular LS. If an LS has zero members in it, it'll get deleted within 24hrs.

Currently you can get to the Advanced Player Search by click "Go" for player search and click advanced player search.
 Siren.Narayan
Serveur: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2008-03-22 15:23:42
Link | Citer | R

HA, lol thanks didnt notice he was silly. Thanks : )
 Odin.Gawayne
Serveur: Odin
user: Gawayne
By Odin.Gawayne 2008-03-31 12:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Since the LS links on the profiles are usually used to see what other people are in that particular LS, wouldn't it be more useful to also limit that LS search to the current profile's server? i.e. the LS Obsidian on my profile has people listed on both Odin and Hades, but since my character is on Odin only, it doesn't really have much of a point to see any non-Odin people in an LS with the same name.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-31 12:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Yes, linkshell/server differentiation is a must. Good catch. Wasn't aware it wasn't already differentiating.
 Hades.Evilpaul
Serveur: Hades
user: Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-04-24 14:04:00
Link | Citer | R

What's the 'PW' field at the end of the Linkshell list for?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-04-24 14:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Join PW, it'll be used later. It can't be set at the moment.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [311 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-01 18:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to re-ask, but what is PW. I can't join PW if I don't know what it is.

thanks /wave
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-01 19:46:38
Link | Citer | R

PW looks like a password. My guess is that LS leader can have a password to join a linkshell, so that not anyone can say he/she is in it.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-03-01 20:57:58
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering about that too... if it is it's a good idea.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-01 22:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for putting linkshells in that do not use the PoL website for membership/event scheduling.

Now people can see my LS and still /laugh at me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.