users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Square Enix Security Token
Square Enix Security Token
 Garuda.Littledarc
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-03-12 13:59:08
Link | Citer | R

"As a result of growing account security concerns within the online gaming community, Square Enix is proud to introduce the Square Enix Security Token. The token greatly increases the security of PlayOnline accounts by allowing users to log on by using a constantly changing one-time password that is displayed on the screen. The Square Enix Security Token will be available for purchase through the PlayOnline Viewer in the near future for those who wish to take advantage of the added security this optional service provides. As a special incentive, each Square Enix Security Token will come with an exciting in-game bonus which may just prove indispensable during your many adventures in Vana'diel!

Information on the Security Token's release date and price, as well as further details regarding the in-game bonus, will be announced at a later date."

Taken from ffxiclopedia front page.

now this sounds good. the ingame item better be something good too like i dunno extra gobbie bags. i dont want some crappy costume or something. i want something "indispensable" that makes it worth however much they are going to charge. thing is...what if i lose this security token? how long will it take to get another one? or even to log on? lol or if it's a weekend....that would suck.

discuss!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-12 14:00:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

This
 Garuda.Littledarc
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-03-12 14:07:55
Link | Citer | R

ah, didn't see it. my bad. thanks for the link.
 Phoenix.Jile
Serveur: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-03-12 15:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Littledarc said:
"what if i lose this security token? how long will it take to get another one? or even to log on?

It looks and sounds like a basic RSA key which most companies that allow remote access into their servers for working from home utilize for security. It generates a new code once per minute in numeric characters.

So if your password is "tacobell20" the RSA key would be added to the end.
12:00: tacobell2017284
12:01: tacobell2048172
12:02: tacobell2047219

and so on..

Now, if you lose it, you're kinda boned lol.. guessing you'd have to call SE, order a new one and you'd be offline until they deliver it.