First Page 2
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 13:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (03/07/2011)

The FINAL FANTASY XI community is ever abuzz with discussion on in-game content. Today, the development and operations teams return to address some of our fans' most pressing questions and concerns in FAQ format.

Q: It seems to me Campaign hasn't been seeing much version update action lately, like a reliable if wrinkly veteran replaced by young blood on the battlefront. Are Campaign's glory days over, or are there still plans to breathe new life into the system?

A: We would like to reassure players that Campaign's leal service has not gone unnoticed, nor the fortitude born of experience that this grizzled veteran brings to the battlefield. Various adjustments are in the pipes for the trusty system, some of which are scheduled for the upcoming major version update.

Q: While new and more powerful gear have become a staple in each version update, at risk of sounding old-fashioned, I'd much rather continue donning the older equipment I've worked so hard to obtain. Ah, would that doing so could be not only sentimental, but practical as well...

A: We fully understand the fondness that adventurers develop for their painstakingly procured equipment, and intend to make such items augmentable via synergy. While the results will vary based on equipment level, upgraded gear can be expected to rise to a strength roughly equivalent to that of +1 Empyrean Armor, or +2 in the event of a high quality yield. Successfully augmented items will always boast improved stats, which can be overwritten or removed as desired. It will not be possible, however, to alter specific attributes only.

To allow for greater accessibility, minimum requirements will be set relatively low for the new recipes. Synergy skill only will be needed, meaning the entire process can be handled solo. While it is possible for less experienced synergists to perform the augmentation, the likelihood of high quality yields will increase proportionally to skill.

Q: While helping out the embattled survivors of Abyssea is reward enough for this altruistic adventurer, those I assist never seem to reward me with the Empyrean upgrade seals I seek. Is it just me or is there an imbalance in the rate of yield?

A: We have confirmed that the yield rate of the seals in question is uniform, and this has been verified in subsequent testing. As is the nature of probability, however, some deviation may occur in the short-term. We ask for your understanding in this matter, and fervently hope that you never cease lending your aid to the needy folk of Abyssea.

*Future FINAL FANTASY XI Team FAQs will be hosted on the official forum.

First, I'm glad to see that Campaign is going to get a slight overhaul to keep up with the game, since my very first job hit 75 in Campaign during Wings of the Goddess's release. It was a much-needed idea for its time. Same goes for the Campaign Ops- getting to fight Shadow Lord again will be interesting this time around.

Second, Is anyone else just as annoyed as I am with Synergy being used to upgrade via Augmenting Pre-Abyssea content gear? So far it sounds like it really won't do much for endgame activity outside Abyssea, and people who don't have Synergy are going to be suffering in the process. It's almost as if they're shooting themselves in the foot on something that could have brought more variety to endgame content again. Perhaps I'm being too negative. I'm just not seeing the positives as well as others.

And I like how they use "deviation" as their excuse for how random the seal drops are, as if drop rates weren't random to begin with.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-03-07 14:04:18
Link | Citer | R

How does the Synergy aspect not help endgame outside of Abyssea? If anything, it breathes a bit of life back into the older content. Not everyone obtained all those older pieces of gear because of the better gear Abyssea offers. Now people have a reason to do some of the older events. As for the synergy process itself, you don't have to have synergy leveled yourself. You can get someone with synergy leveled to do the process for you. Get a friend or do some shouts when the time comes.
 Kujata.Rhydia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Rhydill
By Kujata.Rhydia 2011-03-07 14:06:22
Link | Citer | R

If they would allow skillups in Campaign Battles I'd start doing them again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-07 14:06:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm also annoyed by the synergy update. They should have just made all the old 75 gear upgradable via Trial of the Magians, and given them reasonably increased stats to compete with AF3. Hopefully these new augments will at least be tailored to the gear's original stats. I don't want to go through 50 useless augments on my heca legs to get attack+5.

As for seal quests...just go kill the NMs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-07 14:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Is there a full version of your avatar somewhere?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-03-07 14:08:39
Link | Citer | R

The synergy thing actually sounds kind of cool being that you would only need synergy itself leveled and can do the upgrades by yourself.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-07 14:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Probably.

What about yours? ;)
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-07 14:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Well, one thing that should be pointed out is that, take Salvage gear, for example, it's not just for 1 job, so the term "Roughly equivalent to EAF+2" it a little strange.

For example, how do you make Ares's Sollerets like an EAF+1 or +2, it's a seemingly different piece altogether. (Moar VIT I hope, TOrcleaver gooooooooooooooooooo), Seriously though, what people need to think about, is the other applications for other job. Hell, those Byakko's Haidate with+6 STR would have been the most powerful WAR ws pants outside of Abyssea right?

Personally though, I'd like to see more info about new content and job updates, rather than "Hay guyz, we alrady said this 20 times but here it is again lolz"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-07 14:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Probably. What about yours? ;)
Oh you silly kittah lovers~
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-03-07 14:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Rhydia said:

So much this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-07 14:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Kujata.Rhydia said:
So much this.
Love that idea~
that'd be great!
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 14:28:27
Link | Citer | R

For campaign, I'd probably go back to it for rose strap if they allowed evaluations whenever, rather than 5 day minimum. If I want to grind enough campaign to rank up once or twice per day for example, I should be able to.
 Valefor.Forgotten
Serveur: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-03-07 14:28:57
Link | Citer | R

They posted a screenshot of an augmented yakko pants a few days ago. Its going to be random +s with no increase to level guys. Just what we need, more random -.-

And since you can't store anything that you augment and can't guarantee the same augment every time I don't see myself augmenting all my sky/sea/salvage/etc gear...There is no way I'm spending the time to re-aug till I get something useful when I switch jobs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-07 14:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Useless Q&As as usual! Who cares about campaign? let it die like every other old event. Who cares about old gear? let it die like every other old gear that was once good! I'm guessing 3 is talking about seal quests? nut up and grab some friends and do some NMs.

I still run old endgame content. Ppl still buy dyna currency/gear, ABC are still worth getting for gear, some af+1 gear is still boss, and homam pants are still worth getting for every job that can use them. Plus its pretty fun duo-ing a limbus zone or low-manning a dyna zone. Being able to augment older gear will only breath MORE life into older events. Glad to hear the good news.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2011-03-07 14:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Well, one thing that should be pointed out is that, take Salvage gear, for example, it's not just for 1 job, so the term "Roughly equivalent to EAF+2" it a little strange.

For example, how do you make Ares's Sollerets like an EAF+1 or +2, it's a seemingly different piece altogether. (Moar VIT I hope, TOrcleaver gooooooooooooooooooo), Seriously though, what people need to think about, is the other applications for other job. Hell, those Byakko's Haidate with+6 STR would have been the most powerful WAR ws pants outside of Abyssea right?

Personally though, I'd like to see more info about new content and job updates, rather than "Hay guyz, we alrady said this 20 times but here it is again lolz"

this so so true . while ppl qq about AF3 gimping thier Salvage pimpiness they forget that it's JSE vs something 3+ jobs can use .Why cant they do to Salvage/Sky/Sea/whatev like they did to relic/mythic weapons ? maker higher Lv versions upgraded thru trials ? They'd probly say PS2 limitations or server space or Bullshtien excuse . I think they just spewing the same crap we really dont care about because they dont know what they are gunna do after abyssea . you also have to consider if ppl are gunna ignore new content of they dont use thier Atmas (since ppl feel most things arent worth doin with it, hence why all these older pieces are considered useless , unless you still play in the real world .)
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-07 14:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:
random
How many million times does it have to be said that there are HQ1, 2, and 3 FIXED stats; stop guessing!!

source please?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-07 14:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

Second, Is anyone else just as annoyed as I am with Synergy being used to upgrade via Augmenting Pre-Abyssea content gear? So far it sounds like it really won't do much for endgame activity outside Abyssea, and people who don't have Synergy are going to be suffering in the process. It's almost as if they're shooting themselves in the foot on something that could have brought more variety to endgame content again. Perhaps I'm being too negative. I'm just not seeing the positives as well as others.

Yeah I was holding out hope that you'd need some new rare/ex drop for each piece obtained from the event the piece came from. Could have used that in conjunction with a short trial to upgrade. Would have allowed veteran players, and new guys alike to do some of the older content which would have been easy to accomplish @90. Abyssea has been great, and was a welcome change. However, constantly spamming the same 9 zones (a lot of ppl spamming 6 or less now that they have all their ***) is really getting tedious. SE needs to hear that early, and often when the website goes live tommorow boys, and girls. Otherwise nothing will change.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 14:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Being able to augment older gear will only breath MORE life into older events. Glad to hear the good news.

How? If anything it'll remain the same as it is before, instead of having to directly do the events again to complete objectives to reward you with upgrades. Nothing's going to change.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-03-07 14:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Q: While helping out the embattled survivors of Abyssea is reward enough for this altruistic adventurer, those I assist never seem to reward me with the Empyrean upgrade seals I seek. Is it just me or is there an imbalance in the rate of yield?

A: We have confirmed that the yield rate of the seals in question is uniform, and this has been verified in subsequent testing. As is the nature of probability, however, some deviation may occur in the short-term. We ask for your understanding in this matter, and fervently hope that you never cease lending your aid to the needy folk of Abyssea.
Lemme rephrase:
Q: "Make it so that I can leech all of my low-level jobs and get all my seals."
A: "That would invalidate fighting NMs for +1 items, which are needed for +2 items, so plz shut your lazy ***."

First lemme say I like how SE kind of evaded saying "no."

I have 9 jobs to get +1 gear for in Heroes zones, but I have a headstart on a few of them because of Dominion. I'm glad for this. Obviously, one will most likely remember all of the PUP seals or COR seals they threw away while looking for a single job, but srs, there's no other way to go about this; Dominion Ops can't be used as a means to farm seals.

If SE were to be, like, "Okay, how about this: turn in two seals of one job for any job of your choosing. 2 BST body seals = 1 SAM body seal." Now that'll breed *** of massive proportions. Sure, you wouldn't have to throw away seals, but you'd be causing congestion on easier NMs. And there are plenty DNCs and NINs and THFs at Athamas already, kthx.

It's unfortunate that Heroes NMs don't go down as quickly as Scars and Visions NMs now, but oh, well. You want those seals, you're gonna get 'em. If not, well... N00BSAUCE.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-07 14:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Being able to augment older gear will only breath MORE life into older events. Glad to hear the good news.

How? If anything it'll remain the same as it is before, instead of having to directly do the events again to complete objectives to reward you with upgrades. Nothing's going to change.
because not everyone has salvage gear?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 14:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Or they can keep getting +2 gear in Abyssea.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-07 14:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

you make it sound like all you need is af3+2 gear full time, gear is situational bro.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-07 14:51:11
Link | Citer | R

The fact that you can store so much stuff now makes gear that can be warn across several jobs not as handy.
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2011-03-07 14:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

you make it sound like all you need is af3+2 gear full time, gear is situational bro.
amen , bruh . aaamen .
edit : i think the only thing i full time is my Tamas Ring .
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-07 14:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
The fact that you can store so much stuff now makes gear that can be warn across several jobs not as handy.
yet people still have inventory issues.
[+]
First Page 2