DNC Eva Setup (Please Assist)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC Eva Setup (Please Assist)
DNC Eva Setup (Please Assist)
 Asura.Shipoopi
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shampaz
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 20:27:29
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so i'm currently working on an eva setup for my DNC, atm i have:

Dakini is a WIP, has AGI+4 Evasion+12
Gules Mittens= AGI+2 Subtle Blow+4

I don't have shinryu access yet, or an aby ls so my options are somewhat limited.
However, are there any key pieces i'm missing out on that are easily obtainable i.e. Auction House or solo/duo NMs (90 THF friend)

Hope you all can help :D
Thanks in advance,
Shipo!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 20:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Ballerines, Scouter's Rope, Pink Body or SH+1, Slither Gloves, Fenrir's Stone, Heed Ring, and Rajas

Torero Torque is good too, but from the looks of your gear it doesn't seem you really have the means of getting it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-03-06 20:33:39
Link | Citer | R

I use derobade mittens in my eva set. They come off an NM but you can also buy them off the ah for cheaper than slither gloves
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 20:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Ballerines i'm hoping to grab when i finish my durinn pop set
Scouter's is next on list of things to buy
is pink body better than SH? upgrading to +1 soon
Slither gloves, i was looking at derobade when in stock
Fenrir's stone (forgot about that!) thanks ;)
Heed ring, i've been considering a while now
Rajas, trying to finish CoP this week :(
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-06 20:37:32
Link | Citer | R

This is my eva set, Missing some big ticket items like Scouter's Rope (I think it's like 1.2mil now on my server) but overall aim for DNC legs+2 and some Ballerines. A good way to get your legs is to find a NIN who wants to get Kannagi and spam Sobek with them, you'll get your cards quickly like that since VNMs can be such a pain. Also, Denali hands are another good option for hands since you may want to build a -DT set later.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 20:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shipoopi said:
Ballerines i'm hoping to grab when i finish my durinn pop set Scouter's is next on list of things to buy is pink body better than SH? upgrading to +1 soon Slither gloves, i was looking at derobade when in stock Fenrir's stone (forgot about that!) thanks ;) Heed ring, i've been considering a while now Rajas, trying to finish CoP this week :(
Pink Body is equivalent in EVA, but also has +2 DA. If you want pure EVA, SH+1.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 20:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the tip on sobek as the VNM looks evil for cards, denali hands are a good free option, never thought of those, and seems like i should focus on ballerines atm.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 20:48:42
Link | Citer | R

You are probably over doing it on anything you are planning on fighting. Heck even harder stuff you wont probably be soloing/duoing wouldn't need that much. More haste/subtle blow would be more useful in a few of the slots
[+]
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 20:53:03
Link | Citer | R

hey dasva, i was wondering how much was too much funnily enough lol, i sub nin mostly so how much extra subtle blow would cap me?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 20:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Mixed EVA/Haste sets and max eva are something good to have, especially in situations when you easily cap EVA on an NM. Max EVA is nice for things with unexpected high ACC or things of that nature.

Also, Tristitia isn't terrible if you have some good BLMs. I was able to take off 10% per Bliz V, makes the fights go fairly fast.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 20:55:16
Link | Citer | R

oh i have a set with 22% haste for casting utsu etc, and do tend to mix stuff up as i go along varying from NM to NM but this was more max eva yeah.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 20:57:59
Link | Citer | R

*update, got my heed ring lol how do i update my original post or just the item set?

(don't use the forums much)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 20:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Oh I just meant since you made it sound like you weren't doing harder stuffs due to access/amount of help. Jobs like dnc thf and nin can cap evasion on most stuff with just GH and weapons (or in thfs case just GH lol)
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-06 20:58:48
Link | Citer | R

I made a guide for a reason ._.;; But anyway...

fugacity beret, musical earring, novia earring, elusive earring, alert ring are nice for a pure Evasion setup, but as Dasva's said most things don't require all of your gear to be Evasion oriented. Haste+ Subtle Blow+ Dual Wield+ are things you should consider using in addition to evasion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-06 20:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shipoopi said:
*update, got my heed ring lol how do i update my original post or just the item set?

both
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:00:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shipoopi said:

Just update the item set and it will for the post... the actual text of the post will have to be done seperately though
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-06 21:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Shipoopi said:

Just update the item set and it will for the post... the actual text of the post will have to be done seperately though

Sometimes it doesn't update, or I just fail
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 21:03:55
Link | Citer | R

aah ok ill update the set in a moment.
as far as atmas go, i have siren shadow, cloak and dagger and gnarled horn but when im tanking never know what to use so i use those 3 lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Shipoopi said:
*update, got my heed ring lol how do i update my original post or just the item set? (don't use the forums much)
Sometimes it doesn't update, or I just fail
It does. It just takes awhile for it to load with the new stuff... someitmes a really long time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shipoopi said:
as far as atmas go, i have siren shadow, cloak and dagger and gnarled horn but when im tanking never know what to use so i use those 3 lol
... A rdm could evasion tank most stuff with that much evasion... hmmm the return of ceremonial dagger soloing?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-06 21:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shipoopi said:

Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, Apoc/Dark Depths/Siren Shadow/Cloak and Dagger depending on how much evasion you need and whether you need accuracy or attack.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 21:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shipoopi said:
aah ok ill update the set in a moment. as far as atmas go, i have siren shadow, cloak and dagger and gnarled horn but when im tanking never know what to use so i use those 3 lol
Just use Apoc RR and GH, the +50 AGI is enough of a boost via atma.
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 21:06:22
Link | Citer | R

lol overkill then, any recommendations? i have the usual suspects, RR, VV, IT plus lots more lol
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 21:08:20
Link | Citer | R

wow you all post too fast lol guess ill start trying RR, GH and Siren Shadow
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Usually for evasion tanks RR and GH are the always on ones. The 3rd depends on if you need/want more offense or defense and what kind really.

You might need be fighting something with high def but 0 danger so you do something like A@O, or for normal def apoc.

SS if you are afraid of 1 shot moves of varying elements (unless you have future fab then of course that).

If you need more evasion dark depths is a nice way to get it while still helping your dmg. Occasionallly you might be fighting something accurate AND evasive so use whatever evasion one has acc too (though you could/should food it)
 Asura.Shipoopi
By Asura.Shipoopi 2011-03-06 22:00:12
Link | Citer | R

cheers for the info all :D nice to see some honest help, now to try get sippoy win and im 9/9 6/6
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 22:01:30
Link | Citer | R

yay! good luck