Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-16 12:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Dragon Age: Origins didn't exactly have great exploration, and not just looking at that from an environmental aspect. There wasn't exactly a lot to explore with Builds, equipment or the laughable crafting.
You have a point, but the fact that there's only a handful of dungeons they keep using over and over again with different doors closed is really embarrassing.

And having a mini map for every area takes a lot out of the environment. I feel less like I'm walking through a real place and more like I'm moving a yellow dot through a map.

There was actually quite a bit to explore with equipment, I found. Lots of cool sets of armor and combos that complimented one another. In DA:2, I can't even equip my party much. It takes a lot of the interest out of looking in shops or exploring for chests.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2011-03-16 12:24:46
Link | Citer | R

I hate that I can't change the party members gear. I know it was kind of bad cause I would hoard all this equipment and my inventory would be full fast but now that they took that away I miss it a lot! :(
[+]
 Diabolos.Kiddo
Serveur: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-03-16 12:30:52
Link | Citer | R

this is WAY off topic, but Jaerik if you're a developer, either make a new version of "Brigadine" (Atlus made the first) or tell someone else to. It's a great game & no one has done anything like it since (to the best of my knowledge)

oksryforderailkthxbai
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-16 12:33:28
Link | Citer | R

I have some mixed feeling about it... I like the new set ups for the classes as theres more to consider ability wise unless im gunna have access to alot more ability points then i think im going to. Specilizations are much more balanced looking at the rogue options atleast as opposed to before where some were alot more useful then others. Its good to see that con and willpower have a purpose now too since hp/stamina/mana don't increase on there own.

My grips with it so far though are that theres only a few companions... true theres one of everything but it makes trying different combos difficult if you play on hard or nightmare since your always gunna want Avaline as tank and probably Anders unless you can fill one of those roles. I also miss the spell combo system... glyph of repusion + paralysis was fun in the first one :P
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-03-16 12:37:01
Link | Citer | R

playing through... i am kinda disappointed. good story but at the cost of ***customization and bland environments... what happened to the bioware i know and loved that created kotor?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-16 12:42:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Okay, where the *** do you buy/make runes in this game? I've seen it before, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember where the merchant was.

SANDAL!!!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-16 12:43:50
Link | Citer | R

EnCHANTment?
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-16 12:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Okay, where the *** do you buy/make runes in this game? I've seen it before, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember where the merchant was.
SANDAL!!!

Sandal is dead to me... so far I've heard more lines from him that are not "Enchantment" then "Enchantment"
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-16 12:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I'm definitely looking forward to Dragon Age 2.
I haven't bought a console game since FF13, but I'm definitely getting this one. It looks and sounds awesome.
I'm surprised by this, you pegged me as someone who would have been hard up on the demons souls.
----

On topic with the thread:
I didn't play the first dragon age....I'm not so sure about this one, i'll probably do as i do with most games, wait for a while and play stuff that i'm more sure that i'll like and get this game at a later date if it does happen to be something that would spurn my interest.

i am pretty stoked for skyrim though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-16 12:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Kiddo said:
this is WAY off topic, but Jaerik if you're a developer, either make a new version of "Brigadine" (Atlus made the first) or tell someone else to. It's a great game & no one has done anything like it since (to the best of my knowledge) oksryforderailkthxbai

I didn't think anyone else played and loved this game but I have always wanted Atlus to make another!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-16 12:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Diabolos.Kiddo said:
this is WAY off topic, but Jaerik if you're a developer, either make a new version of "Brigadine" (Atlus made the first) or tell someone else to. It's a great game & no one has done anything like it since (to the best of my knowledge) oksryforderailkthxbai

I didn't think anyone else played and loved this game but I have always wanted Atlus to make another!
I'd rather have another tactics ogre first.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-03-16 13:03:09
Link | Citer | R

After playing the first game I don't plan on buying DA2 till they release a game of the year version. DA:O had a slew of rather overpriced 1-2hr dlc and I'm not about to sign up for that experience again. I really dislike this day 1 DLC policy when you can only get all the day 1 dlc from an edition they aren't even selling at the time of the game's release. The signature edition was like 200$ used on amazon the week before the game came out which is just silly.

EA has had a policy of day 1 dlc that is included in the full price version which I don't really have a problem with. They basically do that to screw over the used game market but as long as you get all the content for your 60$ I'm fine with that. But with this new Bioware game it seems like you're still missing out on certain DLC.

For some reason the dlc Bioware releases just never seems to end up being worth the 5-10 dollars they're charging. That and I really enjoy character creation screens and *** em' for taking those away.

End of line.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-03-16 13:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Diabolos.Kiddo said:

I'd rather have another tactics ogre first.

I want a proper dungeon keeper clone!
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-16 13:06:14
Link | Citer | R

The character creation screen is still there, you just don't create your characters apperence till after Varics 5min exageration. After that, along with your sisters rack shrinking, you can make your character look however you want, same as origens but with more hair to chose from.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-03-16 13:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
The character creation screen is still there, you just don't create your characters apperence till after Varics 5min exageration. After that, along with your sisters rack shrinking, you can make your character look however you want, same as origens but with more hair to chose from.

Demo made it seem like it was very limited. Main character being pigeonholed into certain races and and such. I spend like hours upon hours messing around with those systems making different models and was really disappointed when i got the demo. but maybe it's more intricate than i was giving it credit for?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-16 13:18:33
Link | Citer | R

You only get to be human because it's a part of the story (don't wana put spoilers in but if hawk was an elf he/she wouldn't have had the backstory connections to get into kirkwal) aside from that making your characters apperence seemed much the same, the only catch is you can't modify the defult hawk (one in trailers).
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-16 17:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
I definitely like the improved tactics for the characters you aren't controlling. Setting up a mage to brittle an opponent and a second mage to stun them so your rogue can get guaranteed crits with like 400% damage increase total is hot sex.

Everything else though >.> not so much. I find the characters are all kinda boring compared to DA:O and I don't really care about the main character at all (yet anyway). What they did with Ander's almost pisses me off because he was one of my favorite characters in Awakenings and now hes all emo and whiney wah wah poor mage Grey Warden wah wah.
Someone had to replace Alistair... Lol.

@Flion, yeah I've been thinking of doing the same sometime soon. I've never played the Clan Elf, nor have I played either of the Dwarves. I need to finish up some of my games first though =/. Still need to finish Fallout: New Vegas, Prince of Persia and of course DA2.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
Serveur: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-16 17:27:44
Link | Citer | R

69.99 euro is alredy enough for a fukking game and thos eDLC are so expensive..... in the end u paid over 100 euro for a game... i hate so much this craps... for not say most of DLC are short and not even worth the money
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-21 18:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Following up on this thread.

I'm completely hooked on Dragon Age 2. It's the best RPG I've encountered in many years ... in my opinion anyways.

Wondering what others have been thinking so far?
[+]
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Serveur: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2011-03-21 18:10:30
Link | Citer | R

So I love how your decisions in DA:O made pretty much no impact on the game.

I was especially pissed to find out that
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 04:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Following up on this thread.

I'm completely hooked on Dragon Age 2. It's the best RPG I've encountered in many years ... in my opinion anyways.

Wondering what others have been thinking so far?
If you really love 2 so much, you should really go check out the first one..

To date, DA:O is the only game I have ever finished, and immediately started up a new game. Never mind finishing the second and doing a third play through right after. Then when Awakenings came out, I did yet another play through. This wasn't due to a lack of games to play, it was just that damned amazing to me..

I'm not saying DA2 is a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.. It just pales (IMO) in comparison to the first.

Alexander.Meeeeeep said:
So I love how your decisions in DA:O made pretty much no impact on the game.

I was especially pissed to find out that

DA2 isn't exactly any better off in that aspect..
 Carbuncle.Earnie
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: earnie
By Carbuncle.Earnie 2011-03-22 04:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Dragon are 2 was a let down it was alot smaller then the first
By Bimbam 2011-03-22 05:06:25
Link | Citer | R

I completed DA2 in 21 hours. In said 21 hours I was greeted by a total of maybe 12 "zones" and a handful of dungeons, all of which used over and over again.

You can not interact with your party as much as Origins.

The story is a boring political drama with seemingly random combat thrown in, that does not seem to have any purpose in the main lore of things. Presumably you are expected to just acknowledge "this will all make sense in DA3".

The graphics are terrible. Yes I know this should not be an issue in an RPG, but considering point 1, I would expect it to be bloody gorgeous at least. In Origins it was easily overlooked, A. it came out earlier and B. the game was pretty big.

Unable to chose your race (irritating)

Unable to chose armor for your party (damn right stupid, what RPG fan does not enjoy upgrading armor???)

The amount of armor has been reduced (or certainly seems to be)

Difficulty is underwhelming. You can spend the entire game and never go to a shop, never run out of meds, never particularly struggle on anything.

Essentially they did what many RPG devs seem to do now and thats attempt to get non-RPG fans interested by speeding up combat, lowering difficulty and removing the aspects of self improvement most RPG fans dote upon. Essentially turning the game into an action/adventure/hacknslash(Fable :P). In doing so you lose your original player-base (re. me). I have lost faith in you Bioware just like I lost faith in Bethesda for being unable to replicate Morrowind, and anything Peter Molyneux churns out.

Back to Lost Odyssey, I am shocked it took me this long to actually buy this gem.

Ahh, which reminds me DA2 does have one redeeming feature. NO FREAKING CHILD CHARACTERS.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-22 05:08:22
Link | Citer | R

DA2 isn't exactly any better off in that aspect..
[/quote]

Further spoilered for spoilers...

Personally I think bioware was trying to keep the choices more confined in this game, There were so many major variations in origins that it is near inpossible to come up with a sequal that will make everyone happy and still keep character. If they don't make decisions like the Liliana example then absoulty nothing that happens in DAO can have any real future inpact (except maybe a sidequest here and there) what so ever since im pritty sure every important character but i think 4 or 5 can die at some point or another.
 Leviathan.Chintasu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: moonbeam
By Leviathan.Chintasu 2011-03-22 05:14:39
Link | Citer | R

not played it yet but plzzzzzzzzzzz say they got rid of the sex thing
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-22 05:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Turn the difficulty to hard or nightmare and turn of all tactics... if it's to easy this what i do
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 05:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chintasu said:
not played it yet but plzzzzzzzzzzz say they got rid of the sex thing
Not really.. There are still plenty of chances to bed your colleagues. Although, some can't be bedded.. There's also a *** house. At least the 'scenes' are better.. It isn't that ridiculous Roman-esque love scene music, and it isn't just the same scene but with different character models.

Bimbam said:
Difficulty is underwhelming. You can spend the entire game and never go to a shop, never run out of meds, never particularly struggle on anything.

I struggled on one thing ; ;.. Though, once I figured out how to do it, I didn't, and the difficulty between DA:O and DA2 is drastically lower..
 Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru 2011-03-22 05:36:08
Link | Citer | R

DA:O was perfect to me, or I really loved it at least, every time I turned it on I'd play for hours and have a hard time shutting it off. I want to play through it again too, just need to stop and finally take the time to do so.

The things I hear about DA 2 make me not want to play it, I'm afraid to be majorly disappointed, since from what I hear it's probably nowhere as good as the first. I probably won't waste my time on it and be happier imagining only DA:O exists. Unless I change my mind later and just give it a rent off Gamefly, definitely don't want to BUY it, but we do own DA:O <3
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 05:38:29
Link | Citer | R

You should play it, I am.. Don't get me wrong, it actually seems like they're going backwards, they make a really great game, and then downgrade from there, but it's still not a bad game.. I wouldn't buy it, but it's worth playing.
By Bimbam 2011-03-22 05:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Turn the difficulty to hard or nightmare and turn of all tactics... if it's to easy this what i do

This would require playing it again, something I have no intention of doing. That and the fact I do not like the concept of "harder" difficulty settings in RPGs. This essentially removes the need to think up innovative battle ideas that require genuine thought to overcome, replacing it with more mobs/hp/atk power/acc which works fine in an FPS but I feel does not make an RPG more enjoyable. Once I had set my tactics (again needing to remove an aspect of a game to make it more enjoyable does not exactly stand out as an endearing trait) I could have sat and watched every battle without intervening which to me seems like the game is obviously "easy". Tactically there was not a single fight different to the last, nothing stood out as "oh yeh you have todo XYZ to weaken it" or "oh look, the monsters huge, hit it's knees", everything succumbs to a standard approach of Attack Attack Attack. Thinking about it I believe there was one boss where it brought rocks down from the ceiling and if you felt compelled to you could dodge it, about as "hard" as it gets.

The only reason I did intervene was because you are forced to engage/move manually.