Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » PS3 Trophy Question/Problem
PS3 Trophy Question/Problem
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-02-28 13:50:44
Link | Citer | R

I recently bought a 2nd PS3 to go into my bedroom. My 1st PS3 is in the living room and there is where I played my games most. I decided to take the save files from a couple of my games to the PS3 in the bedroom and continue play in there to free up the living room for my roommates to use. Now my games will not allow me to earn trophies anymore! I did my homework and found out this is in place to prevent trophy cheating between users/systems.

My question is...can I make trophies obtainable again?

I went through half of Dragon Age: Origins and did not earn a single trophy. Where I am supposed to get one, a box appears in the top-right corner that says "You did not earn a trophy."

I do not play any PS3 games online, but I do have a PSN account. I have signed into it once on my PS3, and that was only to look at some DLC for Disgaea 3 at one point. I did not purchase anything or did anything else in the Playstation Store on the PS3. I havent logged onto the PSN account since. I am posting all the information I can here in case it can help someone with a solution. Also, my PS3 software is version 3.56, which I read is the latest.
 Cerberus.Fahzewn
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Fahzewn
By Cerberus.Fahzewn 2011-02-28 13:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Might be a obvious thing to do...but did you sync the trophy server before playing another game? Also, did you sign in under your PSN account on the newer PS3 before playing the copied save file?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-28 14:19:29
Link | Citer | R

you're not allowed to copy ps3 trophy info.

an example: you beat 50% of LBP on ps3#1 you copy your save info because you want to play with your costumes and levels on ps3#2, when you do so you can no longer earn trophies on ps3#2 for that game.

They do this so people don't just copy game files from people who have 100%'d a game. To make trophies obtainable for that game you need to earn them on the original ps3 or I think you delete everything saved and re-earn them all over.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-02-28 14:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Here's the thing: you cannot copy dragon age saves. The system will not let you. My roommate started a brand spanking new save game for Dragon Age and is still unable to obtain trophies. She had me move saves for Neptunia, Heavenly Sword, and Darksiders. I have not checked those saves to see if trophies are obtainable, but yes I understand the gimmick to prevent trophy cheating from copying saves. Yet as stated Dragon Age data can't be copied, but she started a new game and that was the first time dragon age was played on that system.

I just want her to be able to get trophies on her system. Is this possibe without wiping her current save?b
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-28 15:04:41
Link | Citer | R

did you check game date in addition to saved date? there are two folders which hold data about the game
 Cerberus.Fahzewn
By Cerberus.Fahzewn 2011-02-28 15:10:52
Link | Citer | R

You may be able to get trophies on the newer PS3 if it is signed under the same account where you orginally got those saves. You will also have to sync the trophy server (sometimes 2-3 times to be sure) before playing the game. I know this is how transfering from one PS3 to another works (transfering HDDs basically). I assume single save files might be the same. Assuming the developer allows you to transfer to begin with.

As for Dragon Age...Was the newer PS3 signed in the PSN account before you started playing the game? Not really sure if that matters at this point. Try syncing the server if you haven't and see what happens. Could be a bad glitch unfortunately...so might want to start a new game.
 Cerberus.Fahzewn
By Cerberus.Fahzewn 2011-02-28 15:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Think Tweeek hit it on the head...you set your clock?
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-02-28 16:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Im not trying to copy trophies over, I'm trying to get trophies obtainable again. She started a BRAND NEW game and is not able to get any trophies. I synced a few times already...and set the system clock just now. Will try syncing again now that its set properly. Thanks for all the replies!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-28 16:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Okay I'm confused, when you say the trophies are unable to be obtained again but she started a whole new game, is this because it's on the same account? Or are the game and username completely different?

You can't earn trophies you've already gotten on your account, if the trophies aren't showing up then there's some reason why they haven't transferred over as well.. (I hope any of this is making sense) If it's on a brand new account then there is no reason why she shouldn't be getting the trophies.

If it's a new game file but the same account then you need to figure out why the trophies haven't shown up on this new PS3.

If it's a new account and game file, you need to figure out why trophies aren't working at all (trophies on other games earned while playing on the new PS3 shouldn't be showing up either)

You can't directly transfer PS3 trophy information, nor can you delete it from your account. Once you have trophy information tied to your account, it's there forever, which will prevent you from re-earing that trophy, even with a completely new PS3.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-28 16:23:24
Link | Citer | R

make a new username and try real quick to earn a trophy. unless that's what you meant by she started a new game but you didn't really make it clear, seems like she did so on your same username. if you are still unable to then try going into all usernames and deleting all info like i said from the game data and save game files then trying on yours again.

I've seen corrupted usernames before too with certain games where I could not do things under 1 username but I could under a different. I had to delete the username and start a new one and relink it to my PSN
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-02-28 16:45:40
Link | Citer | R

I think I need to make her a PSN acct yeah...after reading this thread and everyones responses I think that's the only viable fix. Thanks everyone!
 Unicorn.Booz
Serveur: Unicorn
user: thebooz
By Unicorn.Booz 2011-02-28 16:54:21
Link | Citer | R

The ones u have already got u wont get again on the same account, any new ones u can achieve will show up on the new system but not the old one for some games. Your account still has all trophies just synchronize acouple times on the new system to get them to show.