Adventuring Fellow NPC and Phantom Roll's
 Bahamut.Reeve
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-03-10 15:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone,
I've been wondering if Phantom Roll's have any real effect on the Adventuring Fellow NPC. I set out to do some BS/KS farming on my cor and set the NPC to "Fierce Attacker" (according to FFXI wiki fierce attacker is WAR/MNK) thinking that I could keep Fighters Roll up for the Double Attack effect.

I was Double attacking now and then, but the NPC never Double Attacked during the entire time, My COR is LVL59 and my NPC was LVL66 at the time so I thought this was odd...

The phantom Roll animation landed on the NPC, and in the chat log it said "beatrice gains the effect of Fighters Roll". I'm just interested in seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

*quick edit*
I mean the NPC never Double Attacked more than usual, say if you did have a WAR in the party
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-10 15:29:58
Link | Citer | R

They have the exact same effect as they do on players.
 Asura.Misuto
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Misuto 2009-03-10 15:30:11
Link | Citer | R

The Evoker's roll seems to work on my Soothing healer, verified by when she says her "out of MP" messages compared to when I'm not on my COR and she doesn't have the roll up.

Never tried Fighter's roll. Maybe it had something to do with your level was lower than your NPC's, so the NPC was capped to you. Double Attack bonus negated due to level sync? That's my guess if it doesn't just flat out not work.
 Bahamut.Reeve
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-03-10 15:51:25
Link | Citer | R

I'll have to try it again sometime, because I thought something along the lines of "haha! Double Attack spam, here I come!" but I was quite dissapointed at my proc rate and my NPC's.

Thanks for the input :)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-10 15:55:09
Link | Citer | R

That's a problem with the roll itself; even if you roll an eleven the bonus in only 18% ;;