Rift
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 31 32 33
 Shiva.Ninaa
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-02-26 14:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
I did IT (Iron Tombs) last night (5-man raid). I stayed up way later than I planned. I hope not all raids are as hectic for a healer. It makes some of my worst moments as WHM in FFXI look like a joke.

Is there a random grouping system in Rift, or do you need to form your own parties? Also, can you communicate between factions?

I just preordered, and have 17 hours left on my patches >.>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-26 15:07:17
Link | Citer | R

There is no random grouping system (yet, I'm personally against such a feature if it goes cross-server) and you can communicate between factions via /say etc. but not via tell or whatever.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-02-26 16:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Rifts occur just like campaign battles, only difference is they occur randomly in zones. I liked the battles a lot. They come wave by wave, difficulty increases in stages and sometimes you reach to a bonus stage with a tough boss.

Great release, you can say Rift is a serious WoW killer from now. My only concern about game is not its content but its future community. I hope there won't be much WoW kids around.
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-02-26 16:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Rifts occur just like campaign battles, only difference is they occur randomly in zones. I liked the battles a lot. They come wave by wave, difficulty increases in stages and sometimes you reach to a bonus stage with a tough boss.

This sounds awesome.

The random grouping thing was hit or miss, imo, it's nice to flip your flag on, and go about your business, and let the system do all the work of grouping you, but you end up in a lot of bad groups sometimes, which wastes time.
By Bluban 2011-02-26 16:46:33
Link | Citer | R

I have to say Rift is the most fun i've had ia long time playing MMO's.It can get annoying sometimes if your trying to quest and Rifts and invasions are going on like mad.You can have like 10+ going on at one time in one area.The game runs flawlessly even with so many people amd mobs fighting.It's more like beseiged then campaign imo.The grouping work auto invite when you come across an event and have option to join or continue on.You earn planar and other special drops that can be used to buy some nice equipment and augments.I still have my character in FFXI,but moved him to leviathan as did 2 other friends.I'm gonna play Rift for a while since 2 friends won't be on much for a month or RL but will keep playing FFXI.
By Bluban 2011-02-26 16:51:29
Link | Citer | R

WOW 17hrs? what kinda of PC n Broadband speeds?I think it took like 5 minutes to DL and maybe 15 to update.The day the game started early access they added like 6 new servers because demand was so high.I gave up trying to get to my beta server and jumped on different one.The server i wanted was 2 hr cue to get on.....:(
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-26 17:06:03
Link | Citer | R

I did IT last night with my guild. This morning I filled in the last slot for a guild member who put together a PUG run. I'll probably do another guild run tonight since I now have TWO damn quests that I didn't do last night while in there.

I like being able to join the open raid whenever a rift or invasion happens. It makes working together a lot easier. One click of a button is about as easy as you can get...

There is cross-server random grouping for the Warfronts (PvP). I go in solo so I end up with typically 2-4 people from a different server. This isn't necessarily a bad thing since you may end up on a server that tends to avoid PvP.
By Bluban 2011-02-26 17:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I haven't joined a guild yet.The one i was supposed to hook up with was on greybriar and since i couldn't get on that one joined different one and have been just questing solo or helping a few peeps.Lv18 Ele/Storm/Chr.On Deepwood i believe it's called.
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-02-26 19:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Bluban said:
WOW 17hrs? what kinda of PC n Broadband speeds?I think it took like 5 minutes to DL and maybe 15 to update.The day the game started early access they added like 6 new servers because demand was so high.I gave up trying to get to my beta server and jumped on different one.The server i wanted was 2 hr cue to get on.....:(

I don't know what the deal is with my internet connection. Downloads always take forever, I rarely hit speeds higher than ~80KB/s It makes no sense to me, I live in silicon valley, you'd think I could get better internet here of all places >.>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-26 20:02:33
Link | Citer | R

To anyone still battling with queues, Trion has put up a server status page that lists current queue status and server population.

English
German
French
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-26 21:00:03
Link | Citer | R

I might try this out honestly, been hearing its a lot of fun. I never enjoyed WoW much at all, got to level 40 and just couldn't. This seems like an almost exact clone but I am hearing it has elements that are different like job customization or w/e.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-27 04:40:17
Link | Citer | R

It's very far from a direct clone, I assure you.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-02-27 07:22:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm tempted to buy it, just unsure wether i should get the normal or special edition. Extra bagsize sounds good, the mount too but i'm pretty sure these will be things that you can get w/o a SE. Not the same thing but similar stuff. This pet or w/e it is sounds nice but i don't think it'll do much for me ingame. Ignoring the other stuff from SE right now, like the soundtrack or the 8GB stick, does the SE sound worth it to you?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-27 08:07:15
Link | Citer | R

The extra bag space will be nice. I recently upgraded my 4 other bags to 8 slots, but I'm still running out of room. I'm a bit of a hoarder though.

As far as the mount goes, you may get tired of seeing it, but it lets you save your money for other stuff.

The companion is purely cosmetic. It just follows you around. I did get a laugh the other day when my hellhound managed to get his fire put out during a water rift.

If you want to exclude the sound track and usb drive, then get the digital download collector's edition. It's only $10 more than the normal edition, and you get the in game bonuses still.
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-02-27 08:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
The extra bag space will be nice. I recently upgraded my 4 other bags to 8 slots, but I'm still running out of room. I'm a bit of a hoarder though.

As far as the mount goes, you may get tired of seeing it, but it lets you save your money for other stuff.

The companion is purely cosmetic. It just follows you around. I did get a laugh the other day when my hellhound managed to get his fire put out during a water rift.

If you want to exclude the sound track and usb drive, then get the digital download collector's edition. It's only $10 more than the normal edition, and you get the in game bonuses still.

Steam i guess? Nvm that lol! but very helpful info, thanks!
By Bluban 2011-02-27 08:35:55
Link | Citer | R

The bag thingy isn't a real issue since they drop early in game.I had the starter bag and then 4 four slot bags before i hit 9 on my cleric this am.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-27 09:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:

Companions are like mini pets from Guild Wars then? In guild Wars I had a mini pet called 'Black beast of argggggggggggggh' following me around :D

Rift is looking more and more promising, any EU or NA players can give testament to the lag on an opposite server? I'm EU but I want to play on NA.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-27 19:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Rift's CE is one of the best value CEs I've come across for a very long time. 80 dollars for the game, an 8 gig flash drive, a steelseries mousepad, a hardcover DC graphic novel and the soundtrack is superb imo, probably worth even more than 80. With the in-game bonuses it goes above and beyond really. Here's a good "unboxing" video with a sound review on its worth:

Clicky clicky

As an avid crafter, the extra bag space is nice for when I'm out in the field, but I use the bank to store ingots and whatnot for when I need them for workorders or requests from other players for armor or weapons. Very rounded deal all around to me, but it all comes down to whether or not you find the stuff that comes with the CE useful or not.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-27 19:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, space is a premium for a hoarder like me. I've been spamming people with in game mail trying to keep it cleared out. Put my first items on the AH today (like 10 stacks of things at least half of which have sold I think).

You can buy bag slots in the bank which is really cool. I bought three slots and put 8-slot bags in them. So I added 24 more slots to my bank. It'll be nice once I can get the mats for a guild member to craft me 10-slot bags.

I wonder if the maint is over yet...
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-02-27 22:14:38
Link | Citer | R

As i expected my updating process was stopped, cause i lose connection twice a day. So now this updating process takes 18 hours for me, i dont really mind cause this is a one time thing to do.

So i restarted the updating process and (when i went to bed i had ~1Gig from 8,5Gig done) now i have to restart the whole process again >.>

Is there any solution to this? Torrent or something?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-28 04:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Torrent
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-02-28 04:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:

TY TY TY!
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-28 04:11:42
Link | Citer | R

there is already a level 50 character in my guild on faeblight -_- and I'm only level 32... so sad.

Anyone got a shard first?

I was the first to buy some planar item and the first obtain a heavy leather hood(crafted it myself haha, FF14 made me a crafting FIEND!)
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-28 04:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Man, people and their "firsts". Who gives a ***lol
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-28 04:19:10
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna dignify that with a response >.> it was just a question.
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-02-28 04:21:24
Link | Citer | R

i was the first person to buy rift! (in my house)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-28 04:25:56
Link | Citer | R

I was the first to become a master armorsmith on my shard.

I've been playing around with warfronts lately, holy ***they're addicting. I queued up for one not expecting to do any more than I had to for quests and I found myself queuing over and over again.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-02-28 04:29:01
Link | Citer | R

lol. sounds like fun i may buy and try it out. hope it doesnt go right next to FFXIV for me!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-28 04:55:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm honestly extremely bored with FFXI atm, don't do anything except ls events and sit in Jeuno. I am just really reluctant to try this out because it looks just like WoW and it seems to have a lot of the retards in it too. I need a good game! Just need something to hold me till next month I guess, pokemon, parasite eve3, dissidia etc all being released.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-02-28 04:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
I was the first to become a master armorsmith on my shard.

I've been playing around with warfronts lately, holy ***they're addicting. I queued up for one not expecting to do any more than I had to for quests and I found myself queuing over and over again.

lol don't forget to buy rare items with your "favor" points :D
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 31 32 33