TP/WS Am I Doing It Wrong ?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » TP/WS am i doing it wrong ?
TP/WS am i doing it wrong ?
First Page 2 3
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-02-22 02:57:57
Link | Citer | R

I would really like to get some feedback for some of the more pro gear/math persons to check if I'm doing this right or wrong

TP gear

WS (Raging Rush) gear

* my Gaxe is the 10% ws dmg & dmg+7
* I should get me the elemental WS belt this coming weekend to replace warwolf belt.
* Dex ring has atk+1
* In abyssea i have most abyssite of furtherances and a few of merrits
* in abyssea i used VV + RR + apoc atma

If ppl are wondering about the weapon delay grip then please calculate the store tp.
my store tp gives me exactly enough so still cover the add'ed tp needed to keep my x-hit build on /nin

Issue 1:
my thoughts is that I'm not sure i should do this or go the more traditionally polearm grip.
use assault earring on tp
and use dex6 rings on tp instead of echophoria

i would get some slightly more acc, atk and maybe "crit rate"

But also I'm trading 3% "haste" (yes i know its not like real haste)
for DA 2% and wit the high amount of already DA and TA from apoc atma. The DA 2% seems to only improve my DoT very little compared to the 3% reduced weapon delay without loosing my x hit build.

Also DA on ws does not give a exact same amount of DoT increase due to reduce fTP on extra hits. But dealing out more WS in same amount of time from reduced weapon delays does..

Issue 2:
Im trading in perle gear on ws
Body for increase stats and crit rate
Boots for incresed stats for ws
Im keeping the ravagers legs for the DA which can process on my ws.

But should i do it different?
I know there is better gear, but om more looking into if im doing it right with what i have available (or I really easily and cheaply can get)

please throw your thoughts and math at me
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-22 03:01:50
Link | Citer | R

You seem to have the right idea ^^
But use a STR ring over that DEX ring for RR!
Inside abyssea your ddex is gonna be capped, and that dex does nothing at all, as RR is STR mod onry.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-02-22 03:49:34
Link | Citer | R

IRO your grip, depends how you want to play it.. I switch between pole grip, rose strap, sword strap and Brave Grip.

I enjoy myself the GBrave Grip for crit based WS's, 3.5% increase in Critical Damage is quite nice but thats me.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-22 03:52:13
Link | Citer | R

The grip he's using is the best there is if he dont need rose for xhit, and sword strap dont ruin his current xhit.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-02-22 03:55:03
Link | Citer | R

oh im not saying it isnt.. i was just saying i switch between them and what i enjoy rather than "whats best" :P i play for fun not OMG im bestest :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-22 06:23:30
Link | Citer | R

With +2 Feet and Razed inside the brave grip isn't even giving 3% critical hit damage, not worth it at that point. Best thing to do is work on +2 AF3 armor. Also get Centaurus/Ravager's earrings and sell Assault. If you're using RR try and get Heafoc Mitts, even Pallas/Alky are better than Af3+1 hands with Razed.

Current setup is a 7 hit /Nin with VV and Strap and anything after body/Rajas/Brutal for TP isn't needed for a 6 hit /Sam.
And get Af3 Mask for Raging.

Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-02-22 07:02:12
Link | Citer | R

TY for the feedback all

@Quetzalcoatl.Neisan

atm not really gonna build on earrings cuase ima be going for the WoTG earring for tp giving acc and regain 1/tic
and for ws i will exchange assault for the one form Taut with attack and conserve tp.
i believe it would be a the best two additional earrings to brutal earring

getting body and legs and feet to +2 is my highest priority for the add haste and store tp.
However i need to build up my nin for my seal static before we go for +2 drops
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-22 07:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Well you could ditch the Ecphoria ring, Atilla Earring and Chivalrous Chain and use Hoard Ring, Ravager's Earring, Ravager's Gorget for TP. This way you keep your x-hit and gain some DA.

You could probably just fulltime brutal/ravager earring.

I'm assuming those are easy to get for you since they're not any harder than an elemental belt.

IMO regain earring is not worth it because you have to be engaged for it to work. That pretty much breaks the deal for me.
By javelinx 2011-02-22 08:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Well you could ditch the Ecphoria ring, Atilla Earring and Chivalrous Chain and use Hoard Ring, Ravager's Earring, Ravager's Gorget for TP. This way you keep your x-hit and gain some DA.

I'm assuming those are easy to get for you since they're not any harder than an elemental belt.

IMO regain earring is not worth it because you have to be engaged for it to work. That pretty much breaks the deal for me.

Agree with hoard ring, the small amount of str/dex on ur tp build doesnt really matter in abys bcus of stat boosts, and doesnt matter much outside of abys bcus most mobs are too weak lol, drop ecphoria and pick up hoard so u can readjust other slots without losing x/hit....also as far as DA vs. -delay for DoT, if your ws's are doing anything decent for a WAR and your at a 7~ hit build, then more ws>more melee strikes, thusly more DA>-delay since not only does DA give u more chance to get double tp per attack round(so you ws faster), but directly effects DA procs on WS's for more damage
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-22 08:21:23
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:

Agree with hoard ring, the small amount of str/dex on ur tp build doesnt really matter in abys bcus of stat boosts, and doesnt matter much outside of abys bcus most mobs are too weak lol, drop ecphoria and pick up hoard so u can readjust other slots without losing x/hit....also as far as DA vs. -delay for DoT, if your ws's are doing anything decent for a WAR and your at a 7~ hit build, then more ws>more melee strikes, thusly more DA>-delay since not only does DA give u more chance to get double tp per attack round(so you ws faster), but directly effects DA procs on WS's for more damage
Assuming x-hit does not change, -3% delay would increase WS frequency more than 2% DA on average, especially for a warrior who has lots of DA already.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-22 08:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
javelinx said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:

Assuming x-hit does not change, -3% delay would increase WS frequency more than 2% DA on average, especially for a warrior who has lots of DA already.

Sadly, most people are too stupid to understand this :<
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-02-22 08:44:29
Link | Citer | R

i would also assume by simple math the reducing elay 3% gives more ws hits then getting and extra 2% hit

also the extra hit per DA does not have fTPmod's where as the extra ws hits from faster ws'ing has fTP mod on each first strike in the extra ws'ing

hence more strikes and more strike with ftp mod

the math i did in my head

1000 swings with -3% delay = 1031 hits (not 1030)
where as 33% would bi with ftp mod thats is 1031*33% = 343.6 hits with ftp mod

1000 swing with DA 2% = 1020 hits
where as only 33% of the 1000 would be with ftp mod that is 1000*33% = 330 hits with ftp mod

that math is a bit wrong and simplified but its show the different affect clearly
I get 11 hits more in the same time from 3% weapon delay that 2% DA (if i have no prior DA at all so this is best case scenario for DA)
and i have 13.6 more ws swing with ftp mod.

also DA has increasing low affect since 15% off my hits trigger triple attacks where DA does not effect and the allready high amount of DA decreasing DA'a effectives

however the reduced delay works with my current DA and TA so even those get enhance by the increased speed. thst is evry hit iget more form reduced delay also has chance of getting ta and da effect

Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-02-22 10:02:43
Link | Citer | R

about the head

I got ravager's head +1.
I'm starting to think to use that instead of the Varangian helmet but I'm not really sure if i should use it now or wait for the +2 version.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-22 10:05:06
Link | Citer | R

The problem is when you're going for lower xhits with 488 or a certain lower delay Great Axe(s), Sword typically screws it up depending on your gear, otherwise it's the best option. Centaurus is cheap, less than 20k on some servers; I don't consider Conserve TP to do anything, the activation rate is too low. Ravager Earring drops off T2 VNM in Grauberg(preferably with blue so you don't waste a lot of time fighting it, got 3 helping friend with seals).

Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-02-22 10:15:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
The problem is when you're going for lower xhits with 488 or a certain lower delay Great Axe(s), Sword typically screws it up depending on your gear, otherwise it's the best option.

Exactly my thinking. hence why i look at my current store tp
whet xhit build i get with polegrip and what i get with sword
if its the same i keep sword

like if i went /sam in this gere i would go pole grip cause there is x-hit difference btween those two grips
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-22 17:30:37
Link | Citer | R

The +1 Head and V helm are fairly close if accuracy isn't an issue, would just stick to Mask in case of evasive mobs.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-22 17:41:19
Link | Citer | R

I'd suggest working on completing AF3+2 as it will benefit you the most, on both TP and WS builds.

As previously stated, Heafoc mitts are better than AF3+1 and even AF3+2 since the augment on them require you to TP in them, rather than to WS in them. I'd go for Mask+2 over Viking for the overall better stats.

As far as AH gear goes, the only improvements I see viable are blitz ring and Zahak's mail.
For the rest, you seem to be heading the right way :)

Get a better GA though. If I recall right, the +WS DMG one is slightly below STR path Atlas. maschu +2 would be nice.

Edit: bullwhip belt is your easiest "temporary improvement" for TP atm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-22 17:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Grim Cuirass while Berserk is down, also good for PDT set/Fell Cleave.
 Alexander.Vivicide
Serveur: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-02-22 18:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
i would also assume by simple math the reducing elay 3% gives more ws hits then getting and extra 2% hit

also the extra hit per DA does not have fTPmod's where as the extra ws hits from faster ws'ing has fTP mod on each first strike in the extra ws'ing

hence more strikes and more strike with ftp mod

the math i did in my head

1000 swings with -3% delay = 1031 hits (not 1030)
where as 33% would bi with ftp mod thats is 1031*33% = 343.6 hits with ftp mod

1000 swing with DA 2% = 1020 hits
where as only 33% of the 1000 would be with ftp mod that is 1000*33% = 330 hits with ftp mod

that math is a bit wrong and simplified but its show the different affect clearly
I get 11 hits more in the same time from 3% weapon delay that 2% DA (if i have no prior DA at all so this is best case scenario for DA)
and i have 13.6 more ws swing with ftp mod.

also DA has increasing low affect since 15% off my hits trigger triple attacks where DA does not effect and the allready high amount of DA decreasing DA'a effectives

however the reduced delay works with my current DA and TA so even those get enhance by the increased speed. thst is evry hit iget more form reduced delay also has chance of getting ta and da effect

Just by swapping out the sword strap you could easily gain DA from not only the grip but also ravager's gorget and ravager's earring on top of pole grip. So you aren't supposed to check the delay -3% against the 2% DA, but recheck it against 5% DA and you'd come to a number more like 1050 against 1031. The choice at that point is pretty clear.

Not to rain on your parade, I'm just pointing out that yes piece per piece the sword strap is better for damage. But it possibly closes off other gear slots.

edit: Also you can swap the ecphoria for a blitz. so it would be -3% delay against 1% haste and 5% DA.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 06:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Without a +2 body he's not 6 hitting /Nin even dropping the Sword(unless they have Rose? Idk) with his current gear anyway even if he used Hoard Ring, needs +2 Af3 body or Goading.

Or eat Carbonara I suppose, Rose Strap would be the easier option.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-23 06:50:41
Link | Citer | R

I cant remember the last time we had someone go WAR/NIN...
Even when I duo/trio stuff and dualbox my mule on warrior I go WAR/SAM >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 06:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Dragua/Apademak/Possibly Orthrus (he still seems weak enough imo to just /sam), *** like Managganagal/Indrik but I never bring war to those in the first place.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 07:18:17
Link | Citer | R

tp set

Ukko's Fury
ws set

Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-23 07:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Why Uther's grip..
You should also get a Zahak's mail for Ukko I belive :3
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-23 07:54:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Why Uther's grip..
You should also get a Zahak's mail for Ukko I belive :3

Both very correct.
Except you need to place more emphasis on how shitty Uthers grips is. Get rid of it. Now.

Also, Use af3+2 feet for Ukkos. Get a breeze gorget. Probably want to use af3+2 head/legs over Hecatomb/Neptunal
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 08:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Heafoc Mitts/Alky's, you only need ravager's mufflers on for TP for Restraint bonus so they're pretty much str/9/dex9/acc+12 for you. Heca doesn't hold a candle to Af3+1 head inside.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 08:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Why Uther's grip.. You should also get a Zahak's mail for Ukko I belive :3
Both very correct. Except you need to place more emphasis on how shitty Uthers grips is. Get rid of it. Now. Also, Use af3+2 feet for Ukkos. Get a breeze gorget. Probably want to use af3+2 head/legs over Hecatomb/Neptunal

i do just fine damage with this cracking 6k with it
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-23 08:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Why Uther's grip.. You should also get a Zahak's mail for Ukko I belive :3
Both very correct. Except you need to place more emphasis on how shitty Uthers grips is. Get rid of it. Now. Also, Use af3+2 feet for Ukkos. Get a breeze gorget. Probably want to use af3+2 head/legs over Hecatomb/Neptunal

i do just fine damage with this cracking 6k with it

_BUT_ you could do even better.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-02-23 08:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Zahak's is trash, you have to remember this a multi hit ws so you want all str dex acc as possible
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-23 08:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Now imagine how much better you'd do without using bad grip/Head/Neck/Body/Hands/Legs/Feet Armor (7/8 out of 14 wrong is pretty bad seriously).

You do realize Ukko's has a 60% Str Mod and crits, right? even Grim Cuirass is better than Heca, if you're having accuracy problems I feel bad for you son.

Btw it's a 2 hit WS and first hit is capped Accuracy. and dex after dDEX is capped does nothing for it so idk what you're talking about there. Even if you were outside abyssea Zahak's is still going to beat Heca body by virtue of dDEX, stop trying to defend it.
[+]
First Page 2 3