What MMOs Have You Played?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » what MMOs have you played?
what MMOs have you played?
 Lakshmi.Beetlejuice
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Beetlejuice 2011-03-16 13:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Runescape was my first - Played between 2005 - 2007 Loved it, but too many smartass kiddies.

Tried WOW between 14:30 - 15:00 on any given day somwehere in 2006 or so, couldnt get into it. Hated everything about it; players, graphics, menu (UI)...

then FFXI - on and off since 2008
 Bismarck.Rharmony
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-16 13:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Let's see off the top of my head?

Runescape for a total of two days when I was 12
Rappelz
Ace
RF (Want to play again, miss my Gundam..)
Ragnarok
Gunbound (Still playing)
HoN (Still playing)
LoL (Still playing)
Aika
Jade
Perfect World
Forsaken World (Still trying)
DCU
CoH
CO
Maplestory for like a week
Rift
Aion
WoW - 4 years (Still playing)
XI- 8 years (Still playing)

and a ton more I can't remember. If you can name it, I've played it.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-03-16 13:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Beetlejuice said:
Runescape was my first - Played between 2005 - 2007 Loved it, but too many smartass kiddies. Tried WOW between 14:30 - 15:00 on any given day somwehere in 2006 or so, couldnt get into it. Hated everything about it; players, graphics, menu (UI)... then FFXI - on and off since 2008

The only thing I liked about WoW...was the Rogue's Subtlety talent tree. That tree symbolizes what I think playing a rogue should be like. Aside from that...nothing really held me to WoW.

I tried a few private servers, seeking something different. Found a decent one that I eventually became a GM on, but I eventually lost interest yet again. I heard that server died recently xD

FFXI is the only MMO that's really held onto me. My roommate is the same way. She plays a mithra and she has this saying she came up with:

"You can take the cat out of FFXI, but you can't take FFXI out of the cat!"
By Wombat 2011-03-16 13:34:54
Link | Citer | R

CoH
PSO
WoW
GW
FFXI
Rift

So far, Rift is the balls (in a good way). Like Ninaa said, I usually hate PvP, but Rift's system is pretty solid and fun, with plenty of great rewards.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 13:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Star wars galaxies
Shattered galaxies
Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds (still play on occasion)
Maplestory (Quit after a short time)
RO (Quit after a short time)

probably a lot more that I don't remember
By Cylla 2011-03-16 13:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Cylla said:
World of Warcraft (sadly)

I don't get this, you played it, and afterwards you're bandwagoning everyone in the blind hate?

I'm not going to turn this into a WoW vs ... thread, but don't jump the bandwagon if you've played it. It's not like you decided to play wow not knowing at all how the game was.

EDIT:

My games:

Guild Wars
LOTRO
WoW
This

I was going post something back, but there no point in attacking such a childish attack at me. Not only that, you took the (sadly) out of context and no where did I say I hated WoW. You just assume that is what it meant. Enough said.
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-03-16 14:10:58
Link | Citer | R

PSO
PSU
WoW (For all of about 6 hours over Xmas/maint'.)
FFXI
FFXIV.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 14:18:34
Link | Citer | R

name it i probably played it >:
too many to name
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-16 14:19:05
Link | Citer | R

PSU
FFXI
WoW
2 moon
Vindictus
and something else I can't recall the name that looked alot like aion, but free.

Edit: nvm found it: RappelZ that I didnt really liked as far as I remember.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 14:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Hi rin =3
By Garlend 2011-03-16 14:26:48
Link | Citer | R

FFXI
FFXIV
WoW
Guild Wars
Vindictus
Knight Online
KAL Online
Jade Empire
Perfect World
Forsaken World
ROSE Online

And out of all those the best is FFXI.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-03-16 14:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Everquest at a friend's house, but only very little/hardly ever. It was his game and boy was he mad if I did anything effectively. <_<; Stupid guy really.

Runescape until I got FFXI. Check back on it every now and then. I miss when it was 2D fight animations Q,Q

Diablo 2

Then FFXI <3 I actually got to play it at that same Everquest friend's house just once back in 2003 on PC. He was a Taru War from Sandoria using Hand to Hand.

WoW once at a friend's house. Got to level 4, couldn't lock onto ***. Didn't feel serious after that. Put controller down.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-16 14:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Gunbound (Still playing)
Why do people keep saying Gunbound is a MMO? >.>

Is there a different Gunbound other than that Softnyx Korean game? Because last time I checked, that is pretty much the opposite of a MMO.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-16 14:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy XI
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy XIV

FFXI has it's ***, but it's a perfect fit for me, I despise PVP oriented content, and you can argue and *** all you want about the PVE Servers on WoW, that game is designed in every aspect to someway come back around to PVP, even if it's hidden, such as the arbitrary gearscore ***. Considering I was more than willing to give all FFXI up for XIV (And still am if they can miracle that game into shape, which I don't see happening, but whatever) I don't think the Typical "MMO" Bias fully explains my disdain for World of Warcraft.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-16 14:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Gunbound (Still playing)
Why do people keep saying Gunbound is a MMO? >.>

Is there a different Gunbound other than that Softnyx Korean game? Because last time I checked, that is pretty much the opposite of a MMO.

Because it is a MMO, even if it is 4v4, It's still massive, still mutiplayer, and online.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-16 14:40:16
Link | Citer | R

ITT: 8 players is massive.

Halo is a MMO?

Any game that is online is now a MMO.

***my mother has been playing Hearts Online that comes with Windows. She's been playing a MMO all this time and didn't know it!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 14:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Princessrin said:
name it i probably played it >:
too many to name

ever play nexus: the kingdom of the winds? :3
 Bismarck.Rharmony
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-16 14:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Halo is a MMO?

***my mother has been playing Hearts Online that comes with Windows. She's been playing a MMO all this time and didn't know it!

http://gamelist.mmosite.com/game/search/game/g/0/0/0/0/30/0/0/0/0/0.shtml

Scroll down. and next time, don't be an ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 14:52:14
Link | Citer | R

you know, i've always wanted to see an actual mmo based on the original .hack//

i heard of fragment, but sad that it floundered
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-03-16 14:53:46
Link | Citer | R

XI and.....
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-16 15:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm
XI
Fallen Earth
Guild Wars
Diablo 2
runescape

I have played more, but i was only trying them out. Never got sucked into them

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-03-16 15:12:57
Link | Citer | R

XI
WoW
FFXIV
Rift
Perfect World
Vindictus
Loong
Forsaken World
PSU(if you can call that an MMO, I don't really consider it to be one)

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but you understand.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-16 15:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Halo is a MMO?

I still don't understand how its a Massively Multiplayer Online game. Tell me how this is different than Halo or any other online FPS game in terms of being Massively. Its great and all that this website classified it as MMOFPS, but I do believe that is incorrect.

Massively infers that you are playing in the same world with lots of other people. Joining a lobby and being matched with with 8 people is not what I would consider Massively.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-16 15:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Halo is a MMO?

I still don't understand how its a Massively Multiplayer Online game. Tell me how this is different than Halo or any other online FPS game in terms of being Massively. Its great and all that this website classified it as MMOFPS, but I do believe that is incorrect.

Massively infers that you are playing in the same world with lots of other people. Joining a lobby and being matched with with 8 people is not what I would consider Massively.

Say that, instead of the assholish comments then.

Consider the pre-game lobby the world. There, thousands of people interact. Consider the lobby a party in XI.
And if you don't consider it a MMO, that's you. The game creators, it's users, and every site to talk about it considers it a MMO. If you have a problem with that, e-mail them. Not make snide comments to me.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-16 15:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Halo is a MMO?

Consider the pre-game lobby the world. There, thousands of people interact. Consider the lobby a party in XI.
And if you don't consider it a MMO, that's you. The game creators, it's users, and every site to talk about it considers it a MMO. If you have a problem with that, e-mail them. Not make snide comments to me.
Butthurt much? So you are still saying that all online games where you are matched with 8 people is a MMO. Ok. Halo is a MMO.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-16 15:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Halo is a MMO?

Butthurt much? So you are still saying that all online games where you are matched with 8 people is a MMO. Ok. Halo is a MMO.

K.
 Valefor.Leith
Serveur: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-16 15:35:02
Link | Citer | R

I started with Runescape about 10 years ago, played for a few months then got into SOCOM if you'd call that an MMO (I wouldn't really) but went all the way up to SOCOM3 til I got bored with it, and thats when I bought FFXI :P played for about 2 years, took my occasional 6 month breaks, about 4 years into XI my friend tried to throw me into WoW, played for 2 weeks and hated it, then played XI for another 4 years...and here I am :)
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2011-03-16 15:38:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Halo is a MMO?

K.
This makes me moist.