Forum » FFXI » General » Odd update help question
Odd update help question
 Asura.Alymorel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-02-21 17:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so, I recently got a new laptop. I want to install XI on it. Fine, dandy. I figured I'd install during the maintenance about to happen. Now my question is this. I'm gonna need to obviously do a version update, am I gonna be able to do that while maintenance is going on, or is it gonna prevent me from doing that somehow? Thanks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-21 17:23:58
Link | Citer | R

It should update during maintenance, but do you really want to be trying to download all the stuff with everyone else downloading at the same time? Would be really slow. Better to update it the day before.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-02-21 17:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
It should update during maintenance, but do you really want to be trying to download all the stuff with everyone else downloading at the same time? Would be really slow. Better to update it the day before.
I have an older version and I'm gonna be asleep for most of it. Won't bother me too much. ^^
[+]
By OoSTFUoO 2011-02-21 17:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of update.What exactly are they doing? I read the information portion,but it is very vague.Does anyone have a link to the specifics?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-21 18:10:24
Link | Citer | R

I don't think this is a FFXI update, thought it was just POL maintenance.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-02-22 01:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
You are right, they are indeed doing just maintenance. However, since I am doing a new install, I have to get the previous updates. :{

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
And it is a no, I can't update it. -.-
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-02-22 02:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Solution
 Asura.Artemyse
user: Artemys
By Asura.Artemyse 2011-02-22 02:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:

Not sure if they're updating anything, but what I do know is they're implementing the IP detection thing to lock accounts that have a significant IP jump to fight compromised accounts and ,although it's not mentioned, the RMTing of accounts as well. They mentioned this would be done last week on this date.

Source: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20444.shtml