Have You Ever Checked A ??? And Almost Died From An NM Popping On A Quest You Long Forgot?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » have you ever checked a ??? and almost died from an NM popping on a quest you long forgot?
have you ever checked a ??? and almost died from an NM popping on a quest you long forgot?
 Siren.Markii
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-03-10 16:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Just after getting Lufaise access, I was only 35mnk at the time. I clicked every NPC in Tavnazian safehold and started an *** load of quests. I go back out to explore Lufaise and click a shiney ???. Big *** crab called Bloody Coffin pops out and proceeds to eat my face off.

I've long since gotten revenge for that. lol
 Carbuncle.Buro
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: buro
By Carbuncle.Buro 2009-03-10 16:46:06
Link | Citer | R

yes i have
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-10 17:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Bungie said:
did it 1 time on the isle place in bibiki bay.

saw a ??? and i clicked it and a bunch of mandys jumped me, was a decent fight, i won. I was pretty shocked though, wasnt expecting to get ambushed.

Oh yeah, that's Peerifool(s)...part of the quest to get the map of Attohwa's Chasm. Only reason I know that off the top of my head is cause I just did that fight the other day lol

Word to the wise...never go to Puronorgo Isle without a warp item. I didn't check my staff's timer and ended up having to wait 25 minutes for the effing boat ; ;
 Asura.Misuto
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Misuto 2009-03-10 21:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Bungie said:
did it 1 time on the isle place in bibiki bay.

saw a ??? and i clicked it and a bunch of mandys jumped me, was a decent fight, i won. I was pretty shocked though, wasnt expecting to get ambushed.

Oh yeah, that's Peerifool(s)...part of the quest to get the map of Attohwa's Chasm. Only reason I know that off the top of my head is cause I just did that fight the other day lol

Word to the wise...never go to Puronorgo Isle without a warp item. I didn't check my staff's timer and ended up having to wait 25 minutes for the effing boat ; ;

Oi, I hate that place, I ended up Warp 3'in myself off the uragnite poison just cause I was bored to tears.
 Garuda.Pastor
Serveur: Garuda
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-03-10 21:06:34
Link | Citer | R

have you ever checked a ??? and almost died from an NM popping on a quest you long forgot?

no :)
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Serveur: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-10 21:32:38
Link | Citer | R

ya i mistakenly touched the ??? for the Full Moon Fountain mission and the Jack of Batons(BLM) Jack of Coins(RDM) Jack of Cups(WHM) Jack of Swords(PLD) all looked at my thief and i flee'ed to a DEAD end ><.
 Bismarck.Shazamalicious
Serveur: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Shazamalicious 2009-03-10 22:03:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Ahhh, many times. The most recent and last time i ever clicked on random ???'s was in Quicksand Caves. I was with a group of people, i forget why. Maybe Zilart Missions but i saw a ??? and thought "What the hell, why not?" Soon, about 4 or 5 Manticore popped and showed me "why not". It was part of the Bastok mission i was on (8-1 I think it is) at the time. I didn't just kill me but 4 other people. Thank GOD they were friends and were only MODERATELY pissed i just wiped the party.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-10 22:35:41
Link | Citer | R

LOL I got a THF friend who is click happy, it always starts off with "Oh look, a question mark...I'm gonna click it!" usually followed by me screaming "OMG Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!", him popping flee, and running his *** off for the zone.

Seriously, he's got some big balls, I don't click on ***unless I can find out what it is first. Seriously, it should say "But it's only Decent Challenge, we can take it!" on his gravestone lol
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-10 22:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Actually I have done the two golems in Pso'xja, they're the best mobs ever with the door closing on your ***. I want more totally random, totally useless NM's like this!

Oh, and even if you're pretty well set-up, the way those two golems switch immunities means that if you don't know about them, they'll probably kill you anyway.
 Bahamut.Delrosa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Delrosa
By Bahamut.Delrosa 2009-03-10 23:43:35
Link | Citer | R

is it sad that the first 2 posts are SSG and Pso'xia and I've clicked and died to both... I actually don't care bout the death that much, its the 3 hour cs that you get from some that made me stop. When WotG first came out I was wandering around talking to NPCs and checking ??? and added an hour or so onto our trip to Bastok, drove my friend nuts.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-10 23:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Brahmdut said:
ya i mistakenly touched the ??? for the Full Moon Fountain mission and the Jack of Batons(BLM) Jack of Coins(RDM) Jack of Cups(WHM) Jack of Swords(PLD) all looked at my thief and i flee'ed to a DEAD end ><.

While this is funny and amusing... I LUV GIR!!
 Ramuh.Sidi
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-03-11 10:47:01
Link | Citer | R

I've done this soooo muuuuuuch... can often times end up in the death of partymates XD poor peoples :P

SSG one was hilarious... I was a 52 nin/thf, had a 60 pld/war friend, and a 75 sam/war (loooooong time ago, long before any sam updates, not too long after quest came out)-- we were hunting for my coffer key mobs, and oh so curious me... CLICK

Wham Dyslygyna or w/e it was pops... my pld friend provokes it right away and I start meleeing it... I hit it and stuff and like 'yay, we can take this on'

...WHAM pld is 1-shotted... I'm like O____O;;

the sam had ran down the stairs already and couldn't get up, so he was like "Bring it to me!!!!"

So run over to him with it, and he 2hrs its ***... brings it down to about 20% or something... then WHAM cross-attack! 1.2k dmg! Dead sam!!!!

I'm just like "oops >.>"

but keep fighting to survive... and happened to be lucky in shadow tanking it... and killed it... the lowly 52 nin/thf in gimp gear XD.. it was hilarious, totally murdered my friends and I was down to a sliver (whirlpool and whatnot aoe stuffness XD)

also had that frog thingy happen... and popped birdy NM, and some NM in ordelles... and the RSE-Satchet NM a few times, and... can't even remember them all, but its fun ^______^
 Remora.Avram
Serveur: Remora
user: avram
By Remora.Avram 2009-03-11 19:53:00
Link | Citer | R

"there is nothing nothing here"...

i am a clickitie-friendly kind of guy. and that i never got the gob archaeologist to pop. damn thing always wanted more.

what's the secret on popping this thing?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-11 20:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Wait until you click it and it says "The voice is coming from somewhere extremely close to the surface" or something like that. Then trade 8 things at once >.>
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-03-11 21:17:05
Link | Citer | R

lol I did that. I was in the ruins and was like "oh, what's back here?" *click* A CARDIAN IS IN YOUR WAY!!!!!! I was pwned.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-11 21:23:59
Link | Citer | R

After returning smugly victorious from Promyvion Dem I went to take a look at the ocean of Misareaux Coast as WHM30/BLM15. I saw the watch tower as well and saw a ??? and thought "Oooh, a new quest to do!". Nope. Just some Orc Turret NM that ripped me a new one.
 Sylph.Antxx
Serveur: Sylph
user: Antxx
By Sylph.Antxx 2009-03-11 21:43:03
Link | Citer | R

I started this quest called "Not Meant to Be" a looooooong time ago. One day when i was soloing smn, i clicked on the ??? wondering what it was and low and behold, a Lamia and Qutrub pop and quickly made a taru meat dish with a side of carby kabobs. Fortunately, no one else was around to be a victim either.
 Siren.Zorrin
Serveur: Siren
user: Zorrin
By Siren.Zorrin 2009-03-11 23:16:33
Link | Citer | R

no "almost" about it, the kraken popped in Sea Serpent Grotto from the ??? thoroughly slapped me around and then proceeded to sit on my head for a while to let me know how stupid I was. took a few months before I could come back and pay him back.
 Midgardsormr.Invictusx
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Invictusx
By Midgardsormr.Invictusx 2009-03-11 23:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
LOL I got a THF friend who is click happy, it always starts off with "Oh look, a question mark...I'm gonna click it!" usually followed by me screaming "OMG Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!", him popping flee, and running his *** off for the zone.

Seriously, he's got some big balls, I don't click on ***unless I can find out what it is first. Seriously, it should say "But it's only Decent Challenge, we can take it!" on his gravestone lol

LOL at but its only a decent challenge, we can take it...That sounds so much like me and my buds, perfect
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-03-13 04:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm. Not that I can remember, but I just clicked some random NPC that I did a quest for in 2005 and he gave me a 6k reward.

WOOOOT!!!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BEYACH!