> Stuff.
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
 Shiva.Gylfie
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-04-06 18:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Its a kids show, aimed at children and meant for children, there is no way you can justify watching it without sounding like someone who feels the world is too harsh of a place and instead hides in their room and watches My Little Pony because its their escape from the world.

South Park was merely just an example used previously, the fact that this show has evidently become mainstream does not mean everyone has to agree with it.

For those who say you should at least give it a try first
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Don't have to eat a dozen horseradish and dog crap sandwiches to know you don't like them.
This a million times over.

Why do I bash My Little Pony? The same reason I've said over and over again, its a kids show. If you're a kid I can completely understand watching something, but I would've figured that like most adults, people would be looking for something to not necessarily challenge them intellectually, but maybe for something a little smarter than a bunch of cartoon ponies.

Grow up.

Also, I'm not coming back to this thread (no I'm not just saying this) I don't feel like wasting any more of my time than I already have with some intellectually lacking people who can only make points through videos and pictures.

I hope you all have a wonderful time living your childhood over again vicariously through a children's show.
By Artemicion 2011-04-06 18:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Why do I bash South Park? Because it's tasteless.
Your turn.

Your grounds for disliking people for enjoying a children's show are pretty shallow. So only children are supposed to watch children's show? Nobody else is allowed to find enjoyment or substance therein?
***I suppose only pubescent angry thirteen year olds can watch and enjoy south park as much as only 5 year olds can enjoy MLP.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-04-06 18:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Gylfie said:

I love the "i'm not coming back ;_;" part too, way to cop out.

If this is some /co/ anti-MLP copypasta though or something, then I'm sorry for being mistaken. Sometimes I can't tell if people are trolling nowadays or if they're genuinely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

edit: I'd paste that one C. S. Lewis quote about growing up and liking childish things but man, that guy was *** nutso.
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-04-06 18:50:27
Link | Citer | R

I could very easily pick that wall of ignorance apart, but he says he won't be back, so meh, and good riddance.
 Caitsith.Ravant
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-04-06 19:11:53
Link | Citer | R

lol This show is pretty funny.
<<< I like him!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-06 20:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Ravant said:
lol This show is pretty funny.
<<< I like him!
Me too. Best character evar.
 Unicorn.Sats
user: Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 20:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Its a kids show, aimed at children and meant for children, there is no way you can justify watching it without sounding like someone who feels the world is too harsh of a place and instead hides in their room and watches My Little Pony because its their escape from the world.

South Park was merely just an example used previously, the fact that this show has evidently become mainstream does not mean everyone has to agree with it.

For those who say you should at least give it a try first
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Don't have to eat a dozen horseradish and dog crap sandwiches to know you don't like them.
This a million times over.

Why do I bash My Little Pony? The same reason I've said over and over again, its a kids show. If you're a kid I can completely understand watching something, but I would've figured that like most adults, people would be looking for something to not necessarily challenge them intellectually, but maybe for something a little smarter than a bunch of cartoon ponies.

Grow up.

Also, I'm not coming back to this thread (no I'm not just saying this) I don't feel like wasting any more of my time than I already have with some intellectually lacking people who can only make points through videos and pictures.

I hope you all have a wonderful time living your childhood over again vicariously through a children's show.

Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-04-06 20:11:07
Link | Citer | R

I think it was page 3 where I suggested why I think this show is appealing to different audiences, adults included.

Without getting into all that again, I do think an argument whose premise is that a show (or any medium) cannot have artistic merit or aesthetic appeal for those outside of its target audience is dubious at best.

If we are talking about targeted demographics, that means that senior citizens should feel guilty about liking or enjoying action films targeted at a male 20-something demographic? Or that non-Indians should feel guilty for finding entertainment in Bollywood productions? Which demographic should feel guilty about enjoying Harry Potter, given there are so many that like it despite it actually was meant to target young readers?

If there is something there that is entertaining and stimulating and engaging at some higher level for the audience, even if it's an unintentional audience, then it's a valid artistic experience I think. :/ And if the writing and acting and production values are so strong that it can successfully appeal to many viewers then that tends to substantiate that it's a quality work (and not just a guilty pleasure.) :p
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-06 20:27:01
Link | Citer | R

To be honest...

Why would you care what other people like? You don't have to like it too because others do.

I don't like snowboarding, but I don't go on Snowboarding forums bitching about why people shouldn't like it.

Edit: I love MLP, I've been converted over time. =P
[+]
 Unicorn.Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 20:34:24
Link | Citer | R

a snippet from a good overview of why MLP has caught on as it has..

Quote:

Amongst all this, I wondered if the show’s creator, Lauren Faust, had any idea about the whirlwind she had created. As it turns out, she does and couldn’t be happier. She and the staff often comment on forums and YouTube videos made by adult fans. She is also displeased by people who state that it’s scary for a bunch of sexually repressed manchildren to like a show made for little girls. She addressed this by commenting…..

“Honestly? I think people who call them that are ignorant a-holes. I didn’t make this show for little girls. I made this show for little girls and their parents, including male parents. It only stands to reason that adult animation fans without children may enjoy it too.”

its a pretty good read; the full blog post is here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katsukora
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-04-06 21:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Wow, even the creator just owned these guys hard, haha.

What's so bad about enjoying something that makes you laugh anyway? Those who grew up with similar cartoons do tend to appreciate the newer stuff, but not always all of it. I honestly am no big fan of Spongebob or the Powerpuff Girls, but I don't really bash people if they like it or not, it's their preference. Hell, I don't really like South Park or anything like that much either.

To be honest, it's really not a bad thing to be a child at heart, it what makes their life enjoyable.
 Unicorn.Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 21:19:02
Link | Citer | R

this one got me laughing out loud

[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-04-06 21:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Is it bad that I made my Facebook profile picture Derpy Hooves?
[+]
 Unicorn.Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 21:27:13
Link | Citer | R

not at all!
 Fenrir.Empedocles
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2011-04-06 22:43:11
Link | Citer | R

What makes me laugh about all the people that bash adults for enjoying Friendship is Magic (There IS a difference between the current series and the franchise as a whole) is that they forget the most important aspect of fictional television programmes: Entertainment.

It doesn't matter who the audience is, it doesn't matter if there is maturity, immaturity, obscenity etc, if it is entertaining to those that are watching it? If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you like it, watch it!

They forget this so quickly and easily...
[+]
 Fenrir.Empedocles
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2011-04-06 23:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Only now have I seen this <.<

[+]
 Unicorn.Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2011-04-06 23:46:56
Link | Citer | R

I'll see your guile theme and raise you double rainbow dash!

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-07 00:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-04-07 00:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Schrodinger avatar is win. When is episode 8 out? 6/22/11, wonder how long the fansub will take...
 Caitsith.Markus
user: Markus
By Caitsith.Markus 2011-04-07 04:25:22
Link | Citer | R

friend sent this to me

Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-07 05:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
South Park is a good show.

It's immature too, but it's still funny. Most people just hate it to be hip.

Didn't say I hated it, just said it was immature. Actually haven't watched it since they started talking to poo thoughl. That was knd of a breaking point for me.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-04-07 16:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Didn't say I hated it, just said it was immature. Actually haven't watched it since they started talking to poo thoughl. That was knd of a breaking point for me.

Ponies >>>>>>> Southpark.

My Little Ponies is so much more cleverly written and the animation is actually decent to look at.

Southpark is just social commentary about current events and "Religious people are stupid" over and over and over and over and over.

Oh and I totally hate Southpark just to be hip.

Will you be my friend now?
[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-04-07 16:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Refreshtwo said:
fluttershy Bro voice in ep9

I just finished that episode like an hour ago lol
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-04-07 16:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Refreshtwo said:
fluttershy Bro voice in ep9

I laughed so stupidly hard at that when I heard her speak.

Soooooooooooooooooo great!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-07 16:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jesi said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ponies >>>>>>> Southpark.

My Little Ponies is so much more cleverly written and the animation is actually decent to look at.

Southpark is just social commentary about current events and "Religious people are stupid" over and over and over and over and over.

Oh and I totally hate Southpark just to be hip.

Will you be my friend now?

I disagree. I think South Park has subtle AND in your face humour, and not all of it is on current affairs.

It's a good show that doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Similar to Family Guy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 38 39 40