Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » xbox-360
xbox-360
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-08 15:59:57
Link | Citer | R

I was trying to use my xbox and in about a few minutes of playing my xbox froze and did not over heat and shutdown (I had that issue in the past i took apart my xbox and cleaned out the dust) when it froze it sorta gave me a glitches that looked sorta like ms paint painted the screen with the spray paint. I have 2 Xbox 360's so i just traded the dvd drive because the dvd drive is the reason i got my secant xbox was hopeing someone could explain sum ways to fix the issue well now i put the outher xbox DVD drive in the xbox and now it only says something about me needing to put the disk in a xbox
any suggestions besides tossing the xbox? was thinking maby trying to adjust the POT on the xbox dvd drive
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 16:05:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

The glitching part sounds like an artifacting issue which primarily comes from issues (particularly overheating) of the video card/chip. I'd unplug everything and let it chill for a few minutes, if it keeps doing it, I'd call Microsoft. It's better to let them deal with it even though it's more time consuming. If they *** up it's their responsibility, not yours.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-08 16:08:07

Last time that happened to me, I got RRoD. ; ;
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-08 16:10:27
Link | Citer | R

it worked for a while my xboxes are to old for MS to fix any thing for free .. what is RRoD. ? ive read that someware but i dont know what it is
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 16:12:05

Red Ring of Doom. Basically whenever an Xbox360 malfunctions and the firmware detects it, it will give you an error startup preventing it's use. In other words the xbox's way of saying "I'm dead, you can't use me."

User submitted image

Something you don't want to see. If you do, time to pack it up and mail to Microsoft.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-08 16:14:38

First step to RRoD is excessive freezing.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-08 16:21:06
Link | Citer | R

ok so is there an;y thing i can do to fix this w/o paying MS 100usd i was seeing sum video's about replacing the gulue on the cpu and heat sink .. but that still wont fix the xbox not reading the disk?
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 16:26:27

I'm not sure exactly what the problem it is you're experiencing. Is the Xbox not reading your game discs at all or is it reading them but glitching? Have you had it running for any amount of time prior to this occurrence?
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-08 16:32:18
Link | Citer | R

at first it was glitching so i traded the disk drive with my older xbox now they bolth say to put the xbox game in an xbox when it's in a xbox
sorry about the confusion
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 16:34:46

I'm not keen on the inner workings of how an Xbox360 functions, however I would assume that the xbox in essence registers itself with a disc drive and any outside source will lock it up preventing it's use. Possibly an attempt to avoid people from modding it to death like the old xbox was prone to. Since you already opened em up and voided the warranty I would re-replace the disc drives and see if it clicks back into place to read your discs again.
 Fairy.Winterlight
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-03-08 17:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Microsoft extended the warranty on the 360 to three years. So you may still be able to send it in...
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 17:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Winterlight said:
Microsoft extended the warranty on the 360 to three years. So you may still be able to send it in...

Not if he's opened it up...sorry, but that pretty much screwed you Brahmdut.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-08 17:58:30
Link | Citer | R

it was over 3 years old all ready lol ^^

eddit if it was not over 3 years old i know ware to buy stickers to make it look like i never opened it but it would be to clean they would be like .. >< hmm
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-08 18:32:17
Link | Citer | R

ok just put back togeather everything but the case and it's now just overheating lol and i even tryed to put a full size fan on it but it reads the xbox games