users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nation Auction Houses
Nation Auction Houses
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-08 15:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Personally i think it would be a bad idea to join the 3 nations AHs to jeuno-wg, because the crafts in each nation probably have an impact on the price of certain materials.

Does anyone fully support joining them?

I was thinking maybe a partial joining, like having certain categories linked, but i dont know how that would work out exactly...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 15:20:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's best to have them independent of each other. It's good enough they're linked to Kazham/Rabao/Norg. Because each city has their own separate guilds, the market there is much more catered to materials one would need. A good example is the cost of Northern Furs on Jeuno AH are like 200 gil each on shiva. In bastok (linked to norg) they're like 2k a pop.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 15:29:26
Link | Citer | R

I like them seperate myself...Jeuno-WG prices get too inflated on some stuff, especially little crap. I would like to see the WG tax brought in line with Jeuno, though...it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that there's such a difference between the two, given they're linked.

You just gotta comparison shop...having mules in each city is so nice, and I <3 my Jeuno mule, comes in SO handy ^^
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-08 17:00:11
Link | Citer | R

i hate being cheap because i will go to jeuno just to sell things because WG taxes so high.... if im selling a lot of things
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 17:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Houshisama said:
i hate being cheap because i will go to jeuno just to sell things because WG taxes so high.... if im selling a lot of things

After seeing the huge tax on selling a Hi-Potion in WG (don't remember the number but it was enough for me to say "eff that!"), I'll never sell anything there. I'd rather part with 100 I.S. to get a silver piece and tele to jeuno then part with my hard earned gilz ^^
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-08 17:36:47
Link | Citer | R

But, if the 3 nations joined Jeuno/WG AH, then everything will be (eventually) combined into one set price, which would be closer (a lot closer) to Jeuno/WG AH than any of the nation AHs. Only exceptions would be on synth materials.

Take this for example: If the price of copper ore is 100 gil in Bastok but 50 gil in Whitegate, the price of the ore would be around 90 gil if they were combined (closer to Bastok than Whitegate). But, if your mule makes HQ level 14 rings in Bastok (because of the guild there), and the price in Bastok for HQ rings is 10k, but the price for HQ rings in Whitegate are 5k, then most likely the price of HQ rings would be 6k if they combined (closer to Whitegate than Bastok) because the majority of purchases for equipment are made in Jeuno/Whitegate than in Bastok.

This system will help the mules of those who wish to sell their skillup synths (so they could at least not lose as much money as NPCing them) on AH than the current method. Plus, the tax is a lot lower in nations than in Jeuno.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-08 17:37:29
Link | Citer | R

they should at least use the taxes for something...... its just deleting gil...

maybe a lottery like the mog bonanza .... but like weekly? if you use the AH you get entered.. lolololol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 17:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Houshisama said:
they should at least use the taxes for something...... its just deleting gil...

They do that on purpose...with all the gil entering the economy through quests and such, there needs to be ways to remove it from the system to keep the economy stable, and the tax is just one of those ways. Prolly the most effective way, too, since EVERYBODY sells stuff on the AH.

I really don't get the WG premium, though. Selling in Rabao is the same as Sandy, which is the same as Windy, which is the same as Kazhaam, etc...why the taxes in WG aren't linked to Jeuno I have no idea. Maybe to encourage people not to hang out there all the time? If so, that's working really well...
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-08 18:00:26
Link | Citer | R

man... i dont think THAT much gil needs to be deleted....... we could use a little inflation such that npc prices dont murder us all
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-08 20:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Maybe to encourage people not to hang out there all the time? If so, that's working really well...

Or maybe to encourage people to not have mules in whitegate all the time. Which is working really well, except the mules that sell silver pieces near the pay taru (half are mules, half are afk people).

Houshisama said:
man... i dont think THAT much gil needs to be deleted....... we could use a little inflation such that npc prices dont murder us all

Or they could lower the prices of NPC buyable items.....who wants to pay 7 mil for a subligar anyway? Even worse if the person with that much disposable income is a Galka.....eww
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 21:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Or maybe to encourage people to not have mules in whitegate all the time. Which is working really well, except the mules that sell silver pieces near the pay taru (half are mules, half are afk people).

You know, I never thought of that. Could be true, although tbh I wouldn't think mules would be much of a problem (considering most people aren't spending all their time sitting on a level 1 mule), unless they're bazaaring, and the bazaar tax was supposed to alleviate that. At any rate, who knows why SE does half the ***they do? ^^
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-08 23:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
At any rate, who knows why SE does half the ***they do? ^^

To piss people off.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 23:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
At any rate, who knows why SE does half the ***they do? ^^

To piss people off.

LOL
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-09 00:28:30
Link | Citer | R

Lowering prices of npc things would probably just cause more deflation ._.; not coooooool
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-03-18 11:56:43
Link | Citer | R

i think combining all AH's would be cool its a great way to make gear available to lower level players that cant or dont know how to get to jueno and isnt that what SE is trying to do now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Oric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-18 13:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Mabrook said:
I think this is a great idea tbh.

I mean think about it for a second, if all AHs were linked this will make 2 things possible:

1) Lower the price on sythesis materials and/or equipment because more items will be available on the AH.

2) People all aross FFXI no matter where you are will be able to purchase items given 90% of the time it will be available because all AHs are linked and connected.

Everyone is talking about the cons of this subject but all I see is pros for this. I said this couple times and wondered why they haven't done this so long ago.

Hell, I even wonder why they don't link all FFXI server's AHs together to decrease the price of AH items but then that will bring rise to RMTs much more so that will not work but the AH connection per server is a great idea.

I'm not so sure about the whole linking all AH's deal. At times it would be very convenient, but overall I think it would hurt.

And concerning the game wide AH linking, it has it's pro's and con's. Good part would be the availabilty of items, but sadly I not a big fan a prices dropping dramatically...

People always complain about stuff costing too much and wishing all the prices would just drop. But think about thi general rule: Whatever you spend is whatever you get back.
In most cases if you buy something off of AH, when you get ready to sell it you will what you spent on it, not exactly, maybe more maybe less, but rarely do you have a drastic change in prices.

My point being the more prices drop, the less money you will make (generally speaking of course).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-18 13:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Houshisama said:

Could just go to Al Zahbi. You only have to pay 50 gil more than Jeuno and you don't have to pay 800 gil for a Silver Coin for the Warp taru.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-18 15:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Houshisama said:

Could just go to Al Zahbi. You only have to pay 50 gil more than Jeuno and you don't have to pay 800 gil for a Silver Coin for the Warp taru.

Unless the AH NPCs don't work :< It happens to me all the time... I end up just taking the Airship from Windy to Jeuno--if I do the quest, I get 300 gil! :D