Campaign Shtuff...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Campaign shtuff...
Campaign shtuff...
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 13:14:58
Link | Citer | R

So gotta couple questions regarding Campaign:

How do you guys maximize your efficiency with getting exp in Campaign? Showing up to have a battle end in 2 minutes after I pick up tags obviously sucks, so just wondering, is it better to just, say, pick one particular zone and sit there and wait? Or bounce around from battle to battle in different zones? What do you guys think tends to give the best exp/hour?

On the sitting and waiting end, I had the most awesome epic campaign experience last night, got from an asshair into 68 to damn near 69 just sitting in Jugner Forest last night (beastment controlled, but Sandy took it this morning); it was kinda random, though. There were breaks of like 20 minutes or more between some battles...others seemed to start as soon as the previous one ended (there was even one chain of battles that lasted over an hour). Is there any kind of predictability there, like as far as when a battle is gonna start, or do you just gotta pretty much wait until the "A Campaign battle has begun" shows up on your screen?

Also, what do you think gives better experience? Beating walls in Beastmen zones or defending the ones you already own? I'm curious if anyone has ever done any real testing on this...I know there's a lot of factors involved (like job level and DPS and such) but just as a base, what do you think has a better return on time spent? Do Battles happen more often in Beastmen zones? It seemed that way to me last night, but I never really sat and did a hard comparison.

About medals: I'm currently working my way up, but eventually I'm obviously gonna hit the highest medal. When that happens, do you still have to participate in Campaign to keep it? Can I just "cap it" there and not have to worry about getting exp between evaluations, and just renew once a month to keep from losing it? In other words, am I gonna have to commit myself to banging out Campaign battles to maintain my rank when I hit the max?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide ^^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-08 13:23:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

More exp from offensive ones, definately. I'm a campaign battle ***, so I generally jump from camp to camp, aiming for ones where we are on offense. (attacking forts, not just because of forts, but Fiendish Leechkeepers and lots of mobs, no waiting, etc). Battles seem to happen more often when on offense. I hate defending since NPCs usually own all of the mobs anyway c.c

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Campaign:_Experience_Point_Calculation_Guide#Level_Adjustments: Live it, learn it, love it.
(scroll up, my link has the bottom of the page for some reason lol)
Try to have a DD/Dnc or just Dnc as I see from your job, healing and damage together (while tanking for damage taken) nets loads of exp. Even as Blu/Whm I've gotten 5k+ from a single battle when tanking.

When you hit the end, you will just be asked to basically refresh it every 30 days to prevent expiration. It's annoying, I wish it would just stay, lol.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-08 13:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Wow, that's pretty handy, thanks! ^^