First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 22 23 24
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-15 16:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Okay, lol. I just see you investing a lot of gil to replace your Dancer's last function so that you can have two jobs that both fill the same unnecessary role.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-15 16:02:21
Link | Citer | R

There are no achievement points for 99 Twashtar.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-15 16:03:06
Link | Citer | R

So I've learned. Q.Q
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-15 16:05:53
Link | Citer | R

But yeah, let me re-iterate, I realize that there's no real serious use for Melee WHM.

That aside, it is a lot of fun.

It's one of those things where I won't advocate it for serious play, but if you're with a group of people who will let you do it, you can make it work and still be a valuable contribution.

It's just like being valuable on DNC though - you're going to really have to learn to shake your tail.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-15 16:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
But yeah, let me re-iterate, I realize that there's no real serious use for Melee WHM.

It's one of those things where I won't advocate it for serious play, but if you're with a group of people who will let you do it, you can make it work and still be a valuable contribution.

It's just like being valuable on DNC though - you're going to really have to learn to shake your tail.

No other post will sum up how anyone that has or will whinja should approach the job. However I want to do my best when I do get a chance to show out, which is why I made this thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-06-15 17:05:00
Link | Citer | R

no doubt. The day someone tells me not to bring out my whmja is the day I kick them from ls. blasphemy!!!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-15 18:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Come now, a good player will evaluate the circumstances objectively and determine based on rigid criteria whether a situation will support their side-act.

Having a Mjollnir doesn't suddenly make WHM a DD job, although it is a significant boon to its offensive capabilities.

The thing that's most important to remember is that meleeing should supplement your normal duties, not distract from them. My DPS estimates are higher than a good WHM will achieve because they necessitatively ignore such activities.

There's no doubt that the niche is stronger than its ever been, but there's also little reason to realize this niche. There are no merit parties where the infinite MP and additional damage improved your party's efficiency. There are obviously events where it works, but there are also probably better jobs you could be doing them on. But if you're playing to your maximum potential and your group values your contribution, then I see no problem with it.

I think people probably think I'm a lot more rigid and mathematical than I really am sometimes. I'm not afraid of numbers, that's all. I realize that even in ideal situations, except versus blunt weak enemies, my Dancer will be at least slightly ahead of my White Mage.

But, in a situation where I might have gone Dancer with one or two friends, there's a strong chance that circumstances will allow for the combination of my support and damage to surpass what I could have provided on Dancer - even though ultimately, melee WHM and DNC are slight variations on the same fundamental niche.

Is it really worth the 250mil I'm going to end up spending on it? No, not really. But, comparatively I haven't spent all that much time or strife on it and I've found ways to take ownership of the situation and make it special to me.

It's also been a blast devising optimal sets for something - and I clearly admit - a job for which I am not used to doing calculation
s
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-06-15 19:30:58
Link | Citer | R

I think another fun niche situation melee whm are really good vw runs. Nothing bores the hell out of me like people getting procs effectively, especially on mobs that dont do things that require excessive na spells. Although a whm/sch is obviously not an ideal DD, if the mobs standing there doing nothing and you have dia up and haste on your DDs, running up and adding 4-5% dmg is fun and not hurting the run (assuming again that you do this intelligently) because you are at the run anyway.

Mjollnir is also basically needed to kill a good pld w/ aegis in PvP for what thats worth...
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-15 19:44:42
Link | Citer | R

I actually did some calcs versus some VW targets and they weren't terrible but nothing I'd recommend seriously. That said, if your other duties are taken care of ... if you're procing club then the MNk can use Victory Smite.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-06-16 11:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Disappear for a bit, come back to check up on this thread. <3 all the new content and pages. Sylow hit the nail in the head right on for why I like to WHM DD as well.

As a random funny story to add to the conversation, a group in my LS was doing Ein and I was board so I was asked if I could come help and the leader's basic reply was like "Sure! Come DD!". O-o..... okay! <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-18 21:12:37
Link | Citer | R

All set for loan etc.

But it's not that special moment yet!
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 21:42:29
Link | Citer | R

What on earth could that be..? ^.-;
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-18 21:47:56
Link | Citer | R

I was told specifically not to tell you about it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-18 23:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Also you're a WHM, beating things to pieces. What's cooler than that?
BRD with a bow and high heels.
By luckycharms1877 2012-06-18 23:06:32
Link | Citer | R

All set for loan etc.

But it's not that special moment yet!
Very jelly of your Inventory space
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-19 00:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it doesn't get that way easily >_>
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-21 02:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Picking up later today~
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-21 11:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Picking up later today~

Yayloan.png!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-21 18:26:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Corphish
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-06-21 18:33:30
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah I'm jelly. Grats!
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-21 22:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Grats!!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-21 22:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Best part was when I used Randgrith with it before Sylow got to!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-22 01:34:59
Link | Citer | R

I haven't even engaged anything with it yet.
By luckycharms1877 2012-06-22 01:37:06
Link | Citer | R

GRATS Sylow! Welcome to the Mjollnir's Club!!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-22 01:37:11
Link | Citer | R

I killed an entire NM with it.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-22 02:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Stealing my thunder!
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2012-06-24 16:52:57
Link | Citer | R

luckycharms1877 said: »
My Current TP Setup

Realmrazer

/cry still no luck on Heka 0/647 fights lots of Heavy plates tho so its a win still
Heka Mines! 1/729 got so nervous when i saw it almost converted it into a Cell lol
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-06-25 22:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Grats!
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2012-07-14 11:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Let's do some good old theorycrafting for a lazy White Mage.

Can someone tell me why this set isn't the perfect TP set for WHM/NIN as of the time of writing?

Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-14 11:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Because you have 28% haste, for starters.

WHM is very attack and fSTR starved, so incorporating those things is a good idea. You're also going to be mostly meleeing weak things, so accuracy is usually not a big deal. Evergreen Earring is pretty terrible.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 22 23 24